Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should certain nations be banned?

Yes, no powerhouses al la France and OE allowed.
- 7 (41.2%)
Yes, lets have a banning draft to dissallow the unpopular ones.
- 1 (5.9%)
Yes, people shouldn't take weak and lame nations that won't effect the end result.
- 0 (0%)
No, all nations should be legit.
- 9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)  (Read 29995 times)

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
Re: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)
« Reply #195 on: January 18, 2011, 02:07:27 pm »

Yeah, unfortunately, Barcelona, the only remaining province that I need a core on, will become a core in June of 1550, so it won't happen during my turn :(
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 18, 2011, 07:42:05 pm »

• England has united the British Isles and is just waiting for them to core to form Britain, I think.

Hey, they're doing better than when I left off... I was worried they'd have trouble conquering united Ireland, but apparently they've managed to reclaim all the provinces I lost due to rebellion. Though yeah, looks like that kept them too busy to do much else.

Yeah, unfortunately, Barcelona, the only remaining province that I need a core on, will become a core in June of 1550, so it won't happen during my turn :(

Maybe history will repeat itself?  ;D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 18, 2011, 10:54:27 pm »

Probably will... if by history you mean what happened to the English under my rule. My mission right off the bat has me starting a war with Morocco in order to "continue the Reconquista" even further south ... I find that troops tend to die really easy in the desert, so I'm afraid of the outcome of this war. Not to mention there's like a 20% rebellion chance in the conquered Creek/whatever and Mayan lands, despite having 95% legitimacy and +3 stability. I'm no expert at this game by any sense of the term (see my last turn for an example), so expect some crazy situation come 1550...

Though, I don't have much time to play until Friday... blasted school and all.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:59:40 pm by Intelligent Shade of Blue »

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2011, 10:58:37 am »

Come on, Intelligent. :p I want to get my fix before DW comes out!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2011, 07:28:19 pm »

I could make a thread to see how many people would be interested in a Magna Mundi(MUU or MMP2) succession game. I predict that we could collapse any country within 3 monarchs.

I'd be interested in a MMP2 game. Most of it is just sitting around waiting for cores to form or for revolutions to succeed. MM empires are a lot more interesting. It lets you deviate from history, but the historical events give a lot more Fun, especially if someone is trying to powergame.

You could break empires, which I hope people don't do intentionally, but MM also has a good underdog bonus, so no matter how much someone screws up, it's not going to be impossible. Well, unless they conquer a multi-religious empire and try to be all fanatic.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 23, 2011, 06:52:17 am »

It's funny that in MM playing as say, Ottomans and trying to achieve their historical conquests is actually more challenging that playing some annexable OPM with little ambition.

What nations do you think would be good for such a succession game?

Probably one of the more forgiving ones like France or Austria. Maybe Muscovy, Bohemia or Venice for more of a challenge. I've mentioned Ottomans because they seem most likely to meet a calamitous end when played improperly(and thus, are likely to be the most Fun!).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 23, 2011, 09:50:09 am »

The developer of MM suggests Portugal.  Note I don't own this game, so I'm not volunteering to play.  Sorry.   :'(

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 23, 2011, 10:03:58 am »

And once again, I would like to ask that if we're going to have a MM game, that it would be MMU, please.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2011, 01:33:43 am »

Hey, due to classes being a bitch and other RL stuff, I haven't been able to finish my turn yet in the HTTT game. So rather than make ya'll wait too long for my turn to be finished, I think it would be best to forfeit and give someone else a chance to play.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2011, 08:32:55 am »

Oh, oh, pick me, pick me! I'm off today, so I have time to play!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2011, 08:45:46 am »

Anyone who fancies playing Divine Wind should check out my sig. :p

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2011, 12:12:34 pm »

It's funny that in MM playing as say, Ottomans and trying to achieve their historical conquests is actually more challenging that playing some annexable OPM with little ambition.

Probably one of the more forgiving ones like France or Austria. Maybe Muscovy, Bohemia or Venice for more of a challenge. I've mentioned Ottomans because they seem most likely to meet a calamitous end when played improperly(and thus, are likely to be the most Fun!).

I've played Ottomans in MM. They seem to be scripted to grow pretty big. They have tons of good advisors and special events that go their way, like the super pirates and Barbarossa. A lot of the European nations seem quite good too; I've seen Russia and Spain formed quite early.

And despite what people say about MM being restricted to history, I've managed to pull off a Brunei Empire as well in MM recently that rivals the European states. Just takes a lot longer because of the cores and stability thing. It's great because there's plenty of goals to aspire to, like improving economy, modernizing, religious stability, empire building, gaining influence.

I'd say most of the medium sized nations are great - Moscowy, Sweden, Castille, Portugal, Ottomans, Austria, France. The HRE empires are superb too if you want a challenge and Fun, and enough protection in case someone goofs up. Though we could start another thread on it if enough people are interested.

MMU's the HttT version right? Hmm.. I might go and buy HttT if enough people agree to it, though I've been saving up for the standalone MM.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2011, 12:31:15 am »

I've played Ottomans in MM. They seem to be scripted to grow pretty big. They have tons of good advisors and special events that go their way, like the super pirates and Barbarossa. A lot of the European nations seem quite good too; I've seen Russia and Spain formed quite early.

And despite what people say about MM being restricted to history, I've managed to pull off a Brunei Empire as well in MM recently that rivals the European states. Just takes a lot longer because of the cores and stability thing. It's great because there's plenty of goals to aspire to, like improving economy, modernizing, religious stability, empire building, gaining influence.

I'd say most of the medium sized nations are great - Moscowy, Sweden, Castille, Portugal, Ottomans, Austria, France. The HRE empires are superb too if you want a challenge and Fun, and enough protection in case someone goofs up. Though we could start another thread on it if enough people are interested.

MMU's the HttT version right? Hmm.. I might go and buy HttT if enough people agree to it, though I've been saving up for the standalone MM.
You should've gotten it when it was cheap on Gamersgate. MMP2 is the more balanced version, as MMU is just basically a port.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2011, 03:37:32 pm »

Oh, uh, so, Intelligence, are you done yet? Or if not, has anyone managed to take on the last save and finish it yet?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2011, 07:13:47 am »

Hey, I think I'll jump on the IN game here, 1580-1609. Can't bear to see this die without getting to the ending :P I'll choose a nation when I get home.

Hmm.. can't seem to download that Netherlands game. Anyone else have the latest save?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:14:52 am by Muz »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15