Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should certain nations be banned?

Yes, no powerhouses al la France and OE allowed.
- 7 (41.2%)
Yes, lets have a banning draft to dissallow the unpopular ones.
- 1 (5.9%)
Yes, people shouldn't take weak and lame nations that won't effect the end result.
- 0 (0%)
No, all nations should be legit.
- 9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)  (Read 30011 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)
« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2010, 03:51:37 am »

Awh, I just noticed you're not quoting me anymore. :'(
Why does nobody appreciate my pearls of wisdom? >:(

Just kidding, I don't take my ego that seriously. ;D

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2010, 05:48:49 am »

Wat?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2010, 10:32:38 am »

For reasons probably associated with the new patch, I'm getting weird distance calculations for colonial distances when I load this save.

Try deleting the map cache. That tends to fix weird distance related stuff.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2010, 11:07:11 am »

Posting to watch.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2010, 12:47:10 pm »

I was a great quote, but my signature would have been crowded if I kept it. :(
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2010, 02:49:20 pm »

Well, if Shade of Blue says it's alright, it might be worth trying to form Great Britain from the other side of the isles instead.

Yeah, it's defintely alright to attack England.. I basically wrecked them, so wouldn't care if you wreck 'em some more.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2010, 04:09:39 pm »

I was a great quote, but my signature would have been crowded if I kept it. :(

No problem, signatures need to change occasionally.  That's the order of things.

Back to this Let's Play, I look forward to watching Great Britain form from Ireland.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2010, 12:10:17 am »

Sadly, I don't really feel up to the challenge right now.  I'm going to be focusing my efforts towards Vicky2 modding for the next couple days.  Someone else can surely lead Ireland to glory.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2010, 01:05:07 am »

Since I desperately want to see what crazy situations England gets into and we don't seem to have many HttT players, I thought I'd mention that HttT is $6 on Gamersgate right now (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EU3HTTT/europa-universalis-3-heir-to-the-throne). Not sure how long the 70% discount will last though.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2010, 01:28:25 am »

It will last until December 13th.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2010, 12:12:16 am »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B9NYJDE2

Best. Game. I've. Ever. Had.

Not just as in my gameplay, but it seemed that the game genuinely loved me. I got frequent gold rushes- which everyone loves, never got any bad events, I also had a few boundary disputes as well as 2/3 claims on our rivals pop up for some delicious cores. Also, the AI did everything I wanted- the wars were oh so precariously timed for my leisure... best of all was the Naples-Austrian war in which Austria got screwed over, I added a few rebels in there and after they were done beating each other up, I went in for the kill.

Honestly, everything turned out the way I wanted that I almost feel that I cheated somehow. xD

In any case, a few points of interest:
-B^3 has been screwed over thanks to me. No, I did not charge against France with Portugal like an idiot; I used *lots* of spies to keep its stability down and rebels popping. The cash side did hurt but... France got into a massive downward spiral where it was suffering from rebels for years. And as far as I know, it's still going to suffer from all the protestant provinces in it. It's still mighty powerful though.
-The other big blob to the east; the teal one, the Ottomans have been screwed over thanks to themselves. Honestly, I was quite a bit worried over the Ottomans because they seemed so powerful and there wasn't anything in the vicinity to even remotely hurt them. Then they went on a few wars somehow, racked up a ton of WE, and next I see is them fighting off rebels like mad; and they even got Morea and Byzantines released as well. I think that damn Poland had something to do with it, ah well.
-In the East, Ming is the local superpower of doom- too bad for Brunei. From what I remember, they had both gotten into a war over Dai Viet and Ming got most of Malacca out of it. Boohoo. Last I checked, it was doing pretty fine from how I see it. Oh, and their inflation's down to 27. How the hell that happened is beyond me.
-In the Middle East, the Muslims have definitely seen better days. Persia doesn't look so well, Mamluks have imploded and they're all in pretty bad shape. Except in India, where Deccan continues to enjoy is prosperity.
-Oh, and good Jolly Old England is really hated around the world it seems. It's now almost fully blockaded by Castille and Naples. They haven't gotten a land invasion in yet but it's only a matter of time...

As for Portugal itself...

Portugal now owns most of the CoTs in Europe and has monopolies in them. It owns a decent part of the HRE- parts of Milan, Austria and Brabant, as well as parts of Africa, and Central America. It's army is one of the largest in the world, popping up in the first page of the ledger. It's also diplomatically very stable; it currently boasts 5 allies, support from majority of the HRE, and military access here and there. I did leave it mid-war though... It also has a totally awesome king which has some of the best stats I've ever seen. Speaking of which, the Regency Council... which I had for one day had great stats too. Maybe Portugal's filled with geniuses or something.

I now feel that Portugal is one of the major powers in Europe, if not the world, and from how I see it, it will stay that way for a long time. But I'm not expecting too much of it though; it's expanded a rather lot and it's territory is all over the world, making its foothold rather unstable, and any determined player effort can bring it down; even the AI might.

Statistically speaking, Portugal probably has more than 50 provinces throughout the world, around a 50k army, and I think ~180 ducats/month. It's also blessed with quite a few gold provinces as well.

Now if I could only have finished that damn war with the Ottomans and gotten that deeelicious CoT from them.....

For the next players, Brandenburg is still well and alive but... it's not really something you could really achieve something with. But if you're up for the challenge, go and try. As for other countries, I would recommend Castille if you really want to steamroll your way through; France is still powerful but stability and financial issues will be something interesting to try to juggle around. The Ottoman Empire is similar, and starts off in a war with Portugal, but once you manage to overcome the initial hurdle, it wouldn't be too hard- except that your expansion west is now rather limited. If you want the East, Deccan's still a nice try, being the King of India. England is also an.... interesting choice.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2010, 04:32:27 am »

Heh, the big blobs of Europe are getting bigger. Nice work with that one.

I'm happy to see that my Brunei empire still hasn't collapsed. They lost a few important provinces, like Makassar and Malacca, but they gained core on a lot of the provinces, and even got cores on Bangladesh. I'd like to see if the AI will invade India, or whether they'll just get into more fights with Ming :P

The middle east is messed up and there's some pretty damn big wars going around in Europe.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2010, 08:32:18 am »

Pictures Uploaded

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)

Ming's doing just fine.
Poland's still ever the same, but it got into a whole lot of wars with Lithuania, btw. They now hate each other.
Brunei's Brunei... and it inherited Bengal. Woohoo. Ouch with Ming though.
Forgot who else played ;) - Well, you can figure it out. xD

Spoiler: Portugal Map (click to show/hide)

If you think about it, Portugal's still pretty small. Even with all its France, Castille, they all squash it in size. Funny how Portugal has one of the highest amount of territories though. Ah, and btw, Swizterland over there is my vassal in dark green, to those who are curious. And that's Alexandria, Gaza and Judea on the Mamlukian coast.

Spoiler: CoTs (click to show/hide)

And I own epic CoTs. The only ones in Europe I don't have is Lubeck, Bithniya, Ile de France and Andalusia. Out of those, I was trying to get Bithniya but failed, Ile de France is well.... France, so not likely to get it, and I never got to getting to northern Europe and stealing Lubeck. Might Mecklenburg having it as its capital have something do with it? As for Andalusia, well... it's Castille's... And Castille's scarier than France... and is my valuable ally. Oh, and Alexandria's not on there either, btw, but I own it and have a monopoly on it too. Add Antwerpen in there too!

This is why Mercantilism >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Free Trade.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2010, 01:45:01 pm »

I've updated the first post.

Nice to see this is still going. Portugal might have been the first of our countries in this continuum that didn't go all out aggression against it's neighbors which is cool. Other colonial power seem to be taking it slow in comparison aren't they?

Too bad about the Poland - Lithuania hate. I was hoping they would PU- merge and then become a really sexy looking blob. Poland looks dead set on reaching the Mediterranean for some reason.

The middle east looks like an interesting place to try playing next. Lots of the local nations look like they could potentially become the hegemony. I imagine playing 30 years out as Ottoman Empire, Persia or some other regional power or even trying to from Mughal Empire would be an awesome goal.

Criptfiend you are next if you want to and can the the save working. Barbarossa, what is your status? Eventually, I would enjoy playing a second round as well.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:00:21 pm by Toady Two »

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2010, 05:20:05 pm »

Nice to see this is still going. Portugal might have been the first of our countries in this continuum that didn't go all out aggression against it's neighbors which is cool. Other colonial power seem to be taking it slow in comparison aren't they?

Well, I feel that statement's rather wrong. I've expanded quite a bit; especially considering Portugal's initial position. I've fought and taken territory from Brabant, Milan, Austria, Switzerland, Ottomans, Mamluks, Venezia, Zapotecs and Aztecs from ones I can remember right off the bat. Not to include their allies; ;)- especially the HRE; or Palatinate in this case since they seem to be hogging the position, at least for now.

I have more territories than France, xD.

And putting the bragging aside, I'm also scheduled to get HttT by next Monday or so; meaning that I'm willing to take a position on the HttT list as well; if I find enough time on my hands, that is.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15