Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should certain nations be banned?

Yes, no powerhouses al la France and OE allowed.
- 7 (41.2%)
Yes, lets have a banning draft to dissallow the unpopular ones.
- 1 (5.9%)
Yes, people shouldn't take weak and lame nations that won't effect the end result.
- 0 (0%)
No, all nations should be legit.
- 9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)  (Read 29998 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Let's re-write history! (forum game of eu3)
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2010, 01:00:44 pm »

Monarchy means that the Golden Horde isn't going to be racked by never ending rebels, right?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2010, 01:26:53 pm »

Very nice empire! Huge expansion for a 30 year period. Like you said, if you were to keep on playing you would be in a good position for a world conquest. In the AI hands however... I'm afraid if your GH won't get omnomnomed by the two biggest land expansionist in the game: Muscovy and Ming, between which it is sandwiched.

Updating the first post, it's your turn now Intelligent Shade of Blue and once your done and there are on new participants for the HttT I invite you guy's to play another round about if you feel like it.

It's not as big as it looks, sadly. It's inflated by the massive Russian province sizes.

Monarchy means that the Golden Horde isn't going to be racked by never ending rebels, right?

Tribal countries (or is it just Hordes? I can't remember) get wars of succession every time a new heir inherits the throne. Essentially, a metric shit tonne of rebels rise up in every non-core zone in the country (about 5 regiments per zone, usually). It's what leads to the demise of the Timurids and Golden Horde in every game if they manage to expand lots very early on.

And I'm fairly certain switching changes that. It was my prime goal, anyway, to secure a permanent hold in game even if it is as a small nation. =p Luckily, I managed to expand lots, too.

The nation is still pretty unstable, though. If someone dropped a bunch of revolts (revolt chance is at about 2-10% for most provinces at the minute) with spies, then I think the Horde might fragment.

EDIT: Also, I'm still shocked that Byzantium annexed Naples! That came out of nowhere. They went to war with Milan and got southern Italy out of it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:31:30 pm by The Transcendent Tyrant »
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2010, 01:44:17 pm »

Given that sort of size, and being a monarchy now, the Golden Horde will happily survive, unless either a player goes for them or the AI does something wheels on duck retarded.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2010, 05:07:35 pm »

EDIT: Also, I'm still shocked that Byzantium annexed Naples! That came out of nowhere. They went to war with Milan and got southern Italy out of it.

Byzantium gets a mission to annex the three southern Italian territories if they survive well enough to get themselves back on their feet.  It's annoying that one of those territories is the capital of Naples, but the AI is competent enough to complete the mission with one of Europe's largest armies at it's disposal.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2010, 06:15:51 pm »

Geez, I feel so slow now. Well, then, Ming is coming up probably within the next 6 hours or so; sorry all those waiting in line for IN.

That's *probably*. I'll have it done by the end of tomorrow by the latest... Wait, no make the Monday...

Dammit, I hate you RL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2010, 06:20:53 pm »

No need to rush. I probably won't be able to play till next weekend.
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2010, 06:21:28 pm »

Given that sort of size, and being a monarchy now, the Golden Horde will happily survive, unless either a player goes for them or the AI does something wheels on duck retarded.

It's weird that a large size as a Horde inevitably means collapse upon the death of the heir. I mean, it makes sense from a realism point of view (the only thing that holds any Horde together is a strong leader) but it's very, very irritating from a gameplay point of view.

Byzantium gets a mission to annex the three southern Italian territories if they survive well enough to get themselves back on their feet.  It's annoying that one of those territories is the capital of Naples, but the AI is competent enough to complete the mission with one of Europe's largest armies at it's disposal.

That makes more sense. I don't think that happened, though. As far as I can tell, Milan declared war on Byzantium, dragging Naples into it, and then Byzantium just decided to annex Naples and do a white peace with Milan (which was unreachable due to being surrounded by other Italian states).

And, yeah, the AI isn't too bad at times. :p

Geez, I feel so slow now. Well, then, Ming is coming up probably within the next 6 hours or so; sorry all those waiting in line for IN.

That's *probably*. I'll have it done by the end of tomorrow by the latest... Wait, no make the Monday...

Dammit, I hate you RL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slowpoke.png =p

Two of us have got our turns done!

(Shouldn't that be IN line, too? ;D)
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2010, 06:26:02 pm »

Btw, you guys don't mind if I pick a nation that isn't reserved for my country and switch from Ming, right? I just felt that my screwed up Ming was a bit of a pain... to work it. I got myself in a whole shitload of a mess trying to westernize within 30 years.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2010, 06:31:54 pm »

You mean you want to start over? Or change nations mid - turn?

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2010, 06:34:05 pm »

Start over. Changing nations mid-turn would be downright cheating.

Actually, if I could do that, I'd be able to make Ming a world superpower within 10 years, I swear.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2010, 06:40:35 pm »

In that case go right ahead.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2010, 10:33:54 pm »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OQKNEH7C

*PSHHH*

You call that huge? As if! Take this mighty Ming Empire of Doom to your face and I'll show what huge expansion is.

Yes, Ming does cover all the way from Asia to Europe.

And yes, I have conquered parts of Korea and Japan because I felt like it.

And yes, Ming is now fully westernized.

And yes, Ming does have a whooping inflation of 30+...... Ouch.

And by the way, Ming is now Hindu, and yes, religious zealots are a serious pain in the ass.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2010, 10:37:15 pm »

You conquered part of Japan?  Foolish girl, now they'll westernize 400 years sooner!  Doom awaits; they'll be unleashing giant mecha on us all in the 1700's.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2010, 10:40:11 pm »

... Wait, oh shi-

I shouldn't have done that, now should I, -.-

If Ming was the only one that was westernized, it could bring down Asia easily, but now that Ming's latin, Japan's sure to catch on the bus... and then instrumentality will occur on 1810! NOOOOO!!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2010, 11:11:27 pm »

Does anybody else want to start an RP based around Japan unleashing high tech terrors upon the world in the 18th or 19th centuries?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15