Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Most awkward/hilarious sex scenes in books  (Read 14097 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Most awkward/hilarious sex scenes in books
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2010, 06:57:38 pm »

That sounds..... Conspicuous.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2010, 06:58:38 pm »

Nacreous fluid in the air.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 06:58:45 pm »

That sounds..... Conspicuous.
I dunno, though... being in zero G screws up your blood circulation.  Not to mention all bodily fluids would end up in balls hanging in the air...
Indeed...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 07:02:16 pm »

Man is Pandorum even a thing?
I figure it would be better to use Pandorum rather than space insanity or any other more descriptive (or seemingly lame) phrase.

About my idea, I figure that would be for those that would think the velcro suits would be a little bit too restrictive.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2010, 07:04:05 pm »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2010, 08:05:47 pm »

It wasn't the most awkward sex scene in a book, but the part in The Mists of Avalon where Morganne and Arthur have sex in a pagan ritual is pretty awkward afterward, as you can probably imagine. (HINT: THEY WERE SIBLINGS!)
Probably not even the most awkward one in that book too. We have the one where the young girl spreads the various love-making juices on the head of the cripple she's doing, which mind controls him. And the one where Morganne does Lancelot in the stables for no reason, and then the rape followed by consensual sex out of nowhere on the rapists dead body.
 I don't remember much form that book, but I don't think any of the sex scenes in that book would be considered anything but odd.
Oh, I was trying to forget those. Don't forget about the old man that Morganne marries for no reason and with which she 'fulfills her wifely duties'.

*shudder*

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2010, 08:17:52 pm »

Actually, that did stick out to me as not weird. I remember him saying something along the lines of "I already have successful sons, I have plenty of land and I don't wish for any more power. I just want someone to spend my days with and help raise the young boys." I don't remember any sex scenes with him.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2010, 07:08:42 am »

The Corrections.  One day i will meet Franzen and punch him for writing that book.
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2010, 07:14:27 am »

Absolutely anything by Richard Laymon. Imagine Stephen King. Now, tone down the writing quality. Add (to whatever would already be there) at least 3 distinct rape scenes. Oh, and some gorn. That's Laymon.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2010, 07:18:21 am »

Four words: Samwell Tarly's Pink Mast

Actually, any sex scene in ASoIF qualifies, now that I think about it. The one between Drogo and Danierys Tagaryen in Book 1 is even worse than the pink msat thing
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:20:37 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2010, 09:14:32 am »

I don't remember any sex scenes with him.
Lucky you, then.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Durin Stronginthearm

• Bay Watcher
  • I can only love spaceships
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2010, 10:44:29 am »

I dunno, though... being in zero G screws up your blood circulation.  Not to mention all bodily fluids would end up in balls hanging in the air...

Changes in blood pressure means erections are smaller in free fall.
Quote from: Bill Hicks
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2010, 06:30:36 pm »

I'm aware this is an 11 day bump, but considering that the Bad Sex in Fiction Award has been given out, I feel obliged to share it with you.

This year's award went to Rowan Somerville for passages in his novel "The Shape of Her".  The one I've seen exemplifies everything that can be bad about sex scenes in books: overpretentious, innapropriate and creating a mental image that really shouldn't be there.

Spoiler: Here it is (click to show/hide)
Oh dear god.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2010, 01:53:04 am »

Squick.

Has anyone ever read Everything Is Illuminated? That book has a friggin' 18-Molar concentration of disturbing, graphic, and thoroughly scarring sex scenes.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5