Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan Crash  (Read 608 times)

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
Caravan Crash
« on: June 14, 2008, 12:52:00 pm »

Yes, I know that caravan crashes have been reported before, but none of those reports were sufficiently up to date, nor had the same specifics :-P

Anyway, the dwarves came with one of the largest caravans I'd even seen (they kept coming... and coming...) until finally I get a CTD just as one of the mules appears on the edge of the map.  The crash had to have occurred within frames of its appearance, so I suspect that this wasn't just a random crash, but had something to do with the caravan, specifically with the merchant that had just arrived.  Perhaps he was carrying an invalid item, which made the game explode when it tried to figure out how to display it?

In any case, I'm going to see if it reproduces, however, I doubt it will, since the caravan is randomly generated on the spot, and the only save I have is the seasonal backup, hence, if it WAS a problem with what the caravan was carrying, it's very unlikely to happen twice in a row.

If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Caravan Crash
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 09:19:37 pm »

Yeah, let me know if it happens again.  Some of these things are just hard to locate, and I doubt I'll get anything out of the save if it was a one-time happening.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan Crash
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 03:59:23 am »

Well, it then crashed two other times when after I restored from the backups - these ones, however, just appeared out of the blue, and didn't seem to have anything to do with the caravan.  Going forward, it hasn't crashed again since I got through that season, so I have no idea what the real culprit is.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?