Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: There Will Be Blood (More coming soon.)  (Read 9259 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: There Will Be Blood (Limbtraded)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 08:58:28 am »

posting to watch.
lookin' good.

same here

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 04:42:09 pm »

Limbtraded
Spring+Summer.2

The fortress was on a lockdown of communication due to the fact that thieves were getting in and someone had died. However not much happened anyways over the spring and summer, except for further expansion of the fortress. Although, we did a get a shitload of more dwarfs here. The fourth and fifth wave came, the fourth effectively doubled our pop by bringing 21 dwarfs. The fifth wave added a little bit more too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Our mining is going great, and we have been expanding it in this 23x23 room pattern. Walls are being smoothed out as well and it is starting to look nice. Once these materials are used up, these rooms will be used for great things.

Our refuse pile filled up so we cut down a good number of trees and made a much bigger one, plan on using the dugout in the hill as a dump eventually. Elves came by as well and we gave them some platinum nuggets for some fruits. We need some more variety food. But other then that not much has happened.

We expanded another set of bedrooms, but we actually still need to cut out more for the fifth wave. We also needed another food/drink stockpile as ours is filled with food. Some more thieves came but like the rest, they all ran away by the time we sent our military at them.

Not much has happened though, just more building. We set up a decent amount of stonefall traps. All of our miners from the start are legendary now as well. A bonecarver had gotten a fey mood and built a crazy item, and he became a full Legendary also.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:21:25 pm by Vherid »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 06:31:06 pm »

Limbtraded
Autumn.2

Our population is now at 58. Another wave came.
Another showed up, somehow managed to get by our traps and our legendary miner stumbled upon him. The miner took a swing and got the kobold's hand stuck on the pick, effectively ripping it off with the follow through. The kobold shrieked and started to slide him self back out of the entrance, leaving a trail of blood for a bit before a second kobold appeared as well, but at this point the now 8 man military was coming after them and they both booked it out of here.

We built a bridge across the river so that we can start cutting down the trees across the river instead of going further down the valley. The liason came around again to still continue to talk about useless things. We bought a lot of assorted meats and some other items. We gave them a decent amount of our bone crafts.

We expanded the bedrooms even further, it's going to turn into a beehive over there soon I'm sure. However I can't help but feel more and more proud the bigger the fortress gets. We had some slight changes in nobility as we always want the best man for each position, and we have plenty of high skilled people in multiple trades. We are now up to 6 legendary people. Recently obtaining a legendary weapon-smith after he built some crazy mace.

We've created two artifacts now.

Other then this, still nothing very big going on, I think we should start to really set up some stuff for our military and get it really going.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:21:47 pm by Vherid »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 03:38:31 pm »

Unknown.1

I don't know what time of year it is currently. Things have been a little hectic here. We have reached migration wave H now, we have a population of 88 dwarfs. We are still cranking out construction of beds and rooms for all of these new migrants, our first military squad is also getting pretty close to being fully armed and armored. Soon we will begin to explore the cavern as well. Those giant cave spiders shouldn't be TOO big of an issue. Let's hope I'm right. Elven merchants came.

You know we started a simple trade, but apparently they didn't want a shitload of food that was of great quality just because we stored it in wooden barrels. Well they don't want to trade, I quite didn't like that trade agreement. We slaughtered them, and took everything they had. I'm sure it won't make some people happy but, fuck them.

We had a wrestler with a battle axe, and a hammerdwarf with a war hammer. The hammerdwarf went up to the first elf and cracked his skull in on itself after a few swings, starting to head towards the next elf while the axe bearer started to just hack the ever living shit out of the other elf, slicing open quite a few arteries and tendons, and even taking an arm off which landed a few paces away. The last dwarf was beaten serverly by the hammerdwarf, bruised and broken until he eventually suffocated from complications of breathing.

Now their bodies lay there as a warning to future fuck ups. We carry on.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:22:20 pm by Vherid »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 07:57:34 am »

lol.
good job!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 11:09:58 pm »

Massive update soon. This fortress lives up to it's name.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 11:16:55 pm »

:o
P.S. Can you put the pics in spoilers too? That would help...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 11:22:32 pm »

:o
P.S. Can you put the pics in spoilers too? That would help...

Done

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 11:24:22 pm »

also: time of year can be found in the stocks (z) menu, unless that was just or RP...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 11:27:21 pm »

RP

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 10:23:13 pm »

Found Journal

It's somewhere around fall-winter. We don't really go outside much anymore. Those who do say it's just getting colder. God has been acting strange lately as well. He's becoming more secretive, and people are spreading the weird rumors about him. I don't know what to really make of that. Some people are scared. Some are just interested. The rest don't care.

We had a butcher start acting really weird as well. She just sat in this workshop and did nothing but stare at the ground. She wanted glass for some reason, yet she was hogging the glass workshop. I don't know what happened but eventually she just snapped. She got up, took a good look around and just started charging at the people nearby, who decided to start running. She eventually caught up with a cat, eager to just beat the shit out of anything and punched it in the head hard enough to just crack it open. By the time this happened The Ardent something or other, Our main military force was screaming down the stairs and one of the wrestlers got out and tried to stop her before she killed the cat, diving at her and only managing to scratch her foot, before quickly getting up and cracking her across the head as well. The butcher's skull fragmented and shattered internally, chips of bones slicing into the brain in which her eyes rolled back and she just dropped, dead before she hit the ground.
We finally got that military group full equiped as well, and started exploring the caverns, cleaning them out. Days later and they've cut down a lot of Elk Birds. Those caverns are completely infested with them.  There was a good number of troglodytes too, but the Elk Birds just keep coming. We got a cave croc, a giant cave spider, some other weird thing killed as well. All of them went down with ease.

God finally decided to announce what he had been planning.  I think he's fucking crazy. He said he had been monitoring the "Dark Enerjen" of the area. He said the butcher going berserk on our own confirmed the high amount of it. He told us of the stories of how fortress had dug down only to find Hell itself ripping out from under them. He wanted to find this "Hell" and he wanted to have it wiped out. People bought this shit too. I don't get it, it's such a ridiculous ploy. Sure enough however, we started digging down as far as we could. As we got deeper it started to get pretty damn hot. Eventually we found this semi molten rock, and started exploring around going up a level from that and expanding. While digging the troll from the caverns also decided now would be a good time to pick some dwarf off, and he came after one of the miners.
The troll came out of the stairwell and attacked a nearby miner, trying to gore her but failing as it didn't have much of a tusk to begin with. That miner freaked out and turned around and just started hacking at it with her pickaxe, bruising it's spine, and then gashing right into it's thigh which caused it to bellow and fall over twitching in agony before she just heaved the pick over herself with a full swing and pierced it's head completely, splitting it apart and silencing it.

God said we had to find admantine to get to hell. Well. We found it. He said it worked like a tube that bored through that semi molten rock we found earlier, so we just simply dig through it, past the SMR layer, and we should find hell apparently. I really don't like the sound of this anymore. Even if I still don't believe this shit. I don't like this.

What have you done, god.

Those of us who saw it. We will never unsee it. How could this even be part of earth. Where the fuck did this come from. I don't even-
God is insane. He wants a platform extended onto that plateau. The fucking sounds, how can we fight these things, we need to block this horror off.
Oh god. The size of those birds, holy fuc-

I'm sitting in a corner, pissing myself down the hall. Someone better find this god damn fucking journal, they need to know about this shit, my fucking god they are out of the main stairwell. Those horrid shrieking birds. They look like cardinals. One of them just tore out of the stair well and kicked a poor cheesemaker through the face. The legendary sod had his face caked all over the wall behind him and slumped down.
A fish dissector just got completely mauled by several of them. His elbow got bent the wrong way completely and I could hear it pop apart. He started to get strangled until the giant scorpionfly kicked his head in as well.
This dwarf was so completely soaked in her own blood, I though she was a demon or something. I looked closer and had seen a lot of her flesh had been melted away as well. I just noticed, she has no face. She was basically melting away from the demons who spat sprays of fire. Everyone was shrieking and running around in confusion at this point. This hall was completely filled with smoke and fire, and the ground and walls started to be covered with blood, bodies, and body parts. One dog was picked up by it's tail and flung into the wall like a mace but from the force, it just pulped when it hit the wall. It's own body just falling apart all over it and littering the ground in severed pieces.
People were knocked to the ground by demons, and had their heads ripped off by other demons, the pools and sprays of blood seemed to be covering more and more of the hallway. Those giant cardinals had very sharp beaks, as they were just biting off people's heads and other limbs left and right. I watched a man in horror though as this quadruped made of salt closed his jaws around his head, he tried screaming and his body jerked as the salt crunched in on his head, some gushes of blood shooting out from it's mouth as his skull popped open and squished everything inside. His legs just kept twitching for a bit longer before the demon dropped him and moved on to the next person.
Animals are just being kicked and punched about, dead before they hit the walls beyond their journeys. Many dwarves are getting their heads caved in with swift punches and kicks from these demons.
I remember seeing this dog's body and it was just covered in so much shit. So many other people's blood and a lot of this noxious and venomous contaminants from the demons. This one cat was picked up and strangled hard enough to have it's neck ripped open, where the demon just dropped it and let it bleed out.
I saw one of our wrestlers who was just getting completely abused eventually got picked up by one of the cardinals and lifted above itself, before it just chomped his head off. He didn't move much, but from the position it was like a faucet of his blood just poring down onto the beast's face. The head tumbled around on the ground a bit.
These beetles made out of salt. They wanted warm blood. I could see them drinking it from wounds.

I'm getting the fuck out of here, they're getting closer.

There's four of us in the hospital. We're the only survivors I think. All I can hear is shit being broken out there, but I don't hear anyone alive anymore. There was so much blood filling the hall. We're just...laying here in these beds, all banged up pretty badly...

Two of the others are dead now...they just stopped moving, I'm starting to get pretty tired, maybe they fell asleep.
Oh F-=//d

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:25:04 pm by Vherid »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 09:31:48 am »

personally, I think you should reclaim.
:D
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 01:13:45 pm »

Maybe, the main reason why I purposely ended it pretty much, is I've never found admantine before, never see any titans, forgotten beasts, demons, etc before,This fort was a lot of first timers. Also it was because of this new patch that came out today.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 10:44:17 am »

This summer. There comes something entirely new and nifty. I plan on moving to video from here on out. The only problem is recording it, seeing as you can't use something like fraps, what the hell do you people use to record Dwarf Fortress. I plan on doing some funny ass shit with it like the helicopterghost's videos (The falls real fallout 3).

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: There Will Be Blood (More coming soon.)
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 11:09:06 am »

I use... the built-in movie recorder  :D
press ";" and it opens the movies menu. You can then take these out of the DF folder/movies and post them on the DFMA site (right site name?) and post the link here  ;)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 [2] 3