Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Terrible Nightmares  (Read 5438 times)

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Nightmares
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 09:31:20 pm »

i used to have a recurring nightmare where i broke my arm in some, horrible fasion... i started having them because i broke my arm in a horrible fashion. :(

thank god they went away
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 09:59:43 pm »

i used to have a recurring nightmare where i broke my arm in some, horrible fasion... i started having them because i broke my arm in a horrible fashion. :(

thank god they went away
Judging by your avatar, all of your limbs went away
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 10:02:26 pm »

no there not!
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Os Q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 10:44:19 pm »

Some good advice in this thread
One more thing: regular exercise and a bit of daily sun exposure can help (seratonin)
Prescribed drugs can help, esp. if related to other problems. There are usually side effects though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
..at least put some spikes in your clubs for goodness sake!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 10:49:13 pm »

Os Q is giving you bad advice. Prescription drugs won't make your problems away permanently. It's only a temporary solution.

So you need a whole bunch, in order to ensure you're on them at all times.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Os Q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 11:01:06 pm »

I only took the drugs for about a year (the Seraquel was free to boot.) I've been off of them for 6, haven't needed them since. They did what drugs do for good or bad: change chemical balances in the body. I'm probably still crazy, but my dreams aren't as awful as they used to be. I was only making the suggestion in case something else is going on.

(Nevermind - I reread the suggestion.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:55:55 pm by Os Q »
..at least put some spikes in your clubs for goodness sake!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 11:31:49 pm »

I think I'll write up my next dream - like KoF said, maybe it'll invite more. Wish me luck, I'm off to bed.

Nothing much, just a dream about me fighting my dad using a rocket launcher and he wins by throwing old tins of tuna at me, while I write a crap song and my mate sings it beautifully and wins X Factor with it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:40:03 pm by Korbac »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 05:52:39 pm »

... Weird.  I didn't remember any dream tonight, so I count that as success.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 06:11:38 pm »

... Weird.  I didn't remember any dream tonight, so I count that as success.
*in a mortal kombat announcer voice*

Milk wins.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 04:18:01 am »

Last night's dream was centered around Xbox achievements. I think I got one for running a 5K under a certain time.
While talking to AJ:

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 05:30:44 am »

I rarely get nightmares but I do get something else fun involving sleep; Every other month or so I get sleep paralysis. It's like a nightmare, it's terrifying, but it's a mix of reality and dreaming, often you wake up before it happens leaving you off guard.

One time I woke and felt off balance and as if I was crushing something, which turned out was my dog, but couldn't help it. In response to my crushing he bit me and I could feel his teeth against my forearm. The weird thing was how this scene faded away and turned back to reality; it was as if the sensation was an object with a sheet draped over it and that this sheet was being slowly pulled tight reducing the definition of the object/sensation.

One other time I woke in the dark with my covers over my head. No matter how much I struggled I was paralysed and panicking. I heard someone flush the toilet so I tried to shout them for help but couldn't. After what seemed like an age I regained control and the panic lifted away.

What's most strange is that knowing about sleep paralysis does nothing to help reduce the genuine fear I feel while it's happening. Once the paralysis goes away the fear lifts. It's like my mind itself is paralysed in a state of terror.

I love nightmares. They allow you to experience feelings and situations you rarely get in life.
While the sleep paralysis is scary I don't wish it didn't happen. It doesn't ruin my day but makes it more interesting.

One thing I did try to encourage more dreams, and succeeded at doing, was keeping a dream journal.
This works wonders.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 05:44:09 am »

Today I had a fit of sleep paralysis. I hallucinated that I had next to me in bed rotting corpse whose head was one of those creepy pieces the aztecs made by covering a real skull with clay and stones. Sort of like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 09:10:56 am »

@Vattic
I wonder if the dreams where I'm too weak to stand up and can't lift my head are sleep paralysis. They don't come often, and it's very rare I can't get up when I'm awake.

Did you mean you were accidentally crushing your dog in real life, or only in your dream? I wonder this because you were sort of vague, and that you claimed you felt it. I feel pain and pleasure in my dreams, so if my mind has me feeling something it couldn't comprehend, hilarity ensues.
While talking to AJ:

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 10:24:13 am »

I only had sleep paralysis once, when I was younger.  I woke up and was completely unable to move or breath, and I thought I was going to die.  Once panic set in, my body got a nice rush of adrenaline and I could breathe and move again.  Luckily, I haven't relived the experience.

I have, however, had a large number of dreams where I couldn't open my eyes or had difficulty doing just about anything, as if I were asleep in the dream (Or extremely sleepy).  I just get frustrated rather than getting scared, though.  I've always wondered if I'm trying to make my body open my eyes.  I don't know if it's related to sleep paralysis.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 10:29:51 am »

Relating to this, Does anyone know of a good way to get rid of nightmares relating to a real life experience from a few years ago? Cause that would be most helpful.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5