Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.18 Released  (Read 73935 times)

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.18 Released
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2010, 12:26:25 pm »

Can we please have an "export an elevation map" option in a command line world generation?
Finis sanctificat media.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2010, 12:02:33 am »

Whoa, I was just traveling around with my badly depleted band of adventurers and I stumbled across a bandit camp.  I didn't even know that could happen!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2010, 12:18:04 am »

Whoa, I was just traveling around with my badly depleted band of adventurers and I stumbled across a bandit camp.  I didn't even know that could happen!
Be careful. On the way to my first 'go kill a cougar' mission on my peasant human with a copper sword I 'stumbled' upon a lair. Imagining glory and fame, I bravely go in alone.

I died without even seeing what killed me.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2010, 12:28:12 am »

Well, 3 of my 5 veteran companions got filleted by a goblin overlord wielding only a copper knife.  This after I began my little expedition with a force of ~25.  They're replaceable, but unfortunately my shield hand's motor nerve isn't.

JimiD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2010, 05:18:00 pm »

Proper burial is now somewhat more encouraged. An alternative form of memorial has been made available for those whose bodies you have misplaced.

Will we encouter the 'encouragements' for burial in old 31.xx forts moved to 31.18, or do we need to regen a new world?

Thanks

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2010, 03:20:36 am »

Just switched to Linux and was like: "OMG DWARF FORTRESS!" I got the Linux version but the executable won't start it up. 64 Bit Fedora if it helps.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2010, 04:24:12 am »

64bit seems a bit funky.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2010, 08:29:24 am »

Just switched to Linux and was like: "OMG DWARF FORTRESS!" I got the Linux version but the executable won't start it up. 64 Bit Fedora if it helps.
Did you adjust the print settings? I run ubuntu, and DF doesn't work in the default 2d. Use standard or curses
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2010, 10:31:38 am »

I think you need to install the 32bit libs

zxcvmnb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2010, 10:37:30 am »

General advice: if it doesn't work, run it in the terminal and see what error messages you get.
(Start the terminal program, "ls" to view directory contents, "cd [?]" to enter a folder named [?], cd .. to enter parent folder (go up), "./df" to run the script to start DF once you are in the "df_linux" folder; more at http://ss64.com/bash/)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:22:24 pm by zxcvmnb »

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2010, 12:49:51 pm »

General advice: if it doesn't work, run it in the terminal and see what error messages you get.
(Start the terminal program, "ls" to view directory contents, "cd [?]" to enter a folder named [?], "./df" to run the script to start DF once you are in the "df_linux" folder)

./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So I'm missing something. Time to get it.

Got it working, was missing some stuff it needed. Thanks for showing me how to run in terminal. I tried Open With Terminal before that but no luck. Oh well.

Edit: Um...it runs but I get no sound...Oh well. And this new computer just breezed through World Gen. Awesome.

Edit 2: Finished world gen...and it didn't save the world. No errors or anything, exited world gen like normal and then I couldn't play. Check the Save folder, and only current is there.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:04:47 pm by FuzzyDoom »
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Lord_Santa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2010, 10:28:29 pm »

I don't write too much on forums, so I figured I'd just drop in here and say great, great work, I've not played for a couple of updates, so I am deeply impressed
:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:39:40 pm by Lord_Santa »

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2010, 01:52:06 pm »

I have been playing around with adventurer mode more lately and found a few things that look like they are bugs.

Reactions to generate armor always generate the armor at human size.  My dwarf adventurer kept making armor that he couldn't wear.  Such reactions need to take the adventurer's size into account.

The status screen 'z' was recently updated, but it doesn't know anything about screen sizing.  I added a number of practice skill reactions and now have more skills than can be displayed in the 20 lines of space that is allowed.  Some of the skills are written in the line that says 's: attributes...' and leaves extra characters about.  Then when the screen size is increased to 35 lines the attributes line is still in the same spot.

Same thing happens with the actions screen 'x'.  This screen is a recent addition, and should be aware of screen sizes other then 80x25.  Adding new screens without making them size aware is just increasing how much work has to be done to fix them later.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2010, 02:09:01 pm »

Reactions to generate armor always generate the armor at human size.  My dwarf adventurer kept making armor that he couldn't wear.  Such reactions need to take the adventurer's size into account.

I think it's been like that since 40d and before.

The status screen 'z' was recently updated, but it doesn't know anything about screen sizing.  I added a number of practice skill reactions and now have more skills than can be displayed in the 20 lines of space that is allowed.  Some of the skills are written in the line that says 's: attributes...' and leaves extra characters about.  Then when the screen size is increased to 35 lines the attributes line is still in the same spot.

Same thing happens with the actions screen 'x'.  This screen is a recent addition, and should be aware of screen sizes other then 80x25.  Adding new screens without making them size aware is just increasing how much work has to be done to fix them later.

I agree, but these aren't bugs and don't warrant reports on the tracker.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2010, 09:09:19 pm »

I see you got it fixed, but for future reference, usually the Windows build of DF will run in Wine with very little speed penalty. I used to be unable to get the Linux build to work and just did this instead.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12