Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.18 Released  (Read 73919 times)

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.18 Released
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 10:33:59 pm »

Crashing still occurs when modded race with casts enters town area displaying slabs with shop signs.  This makes adventure mode much less enjoyable as you can't sell or buy anything.  I've tested this with my own modded race which has castes and another modded race without castes.  So far, seems only the ones with castes still crash just before entering area that displays shop signs.
Seems it is just my casted race mod.  Will look into why.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:53:44 pm by Chromasphere »
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2010, 10:41:07 pm »

(*)updated dwarf party organization conditions
Does this mean that ghosts won't organize parties anymore?  I kind of liked that bug.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2010, 10:58:55 pm »

Most excellent work once again Toady! You've done it again!
I do believe the game as current is sufficient enough for some notable publicity.
Hell, the world generation, capacity to generate history and the many other fascinating mechanics of the DF deserve hell of a lot more attention.
You should look into contacting indie game features, such as this G4TV's Indie Game Website.
How do you think Minecraft exploded? ;]

All in all, great work Toady, you definitely deserve the praise.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2010, 11:00:24 pm »

I do believe the game as current is sufficient enough for some notable publicity.
Hell, the world generation, capacity to generate history and the many other fascinating mechanics of the DF deserve hell of a lot more attention.
You should look into contacting indie game features, such as this G4TV's Indie Game Website.

I was galled to pay the asked price for minecraft. For all its potential, it falls far short of the enjoyment I derive from games like Dwarf Fortress.

I wouldn't have hesitated to pay double that amount for Dwarf Fortress in its current state.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2010, 11:02:54 pm »

I was galled to pay the asked price for minecraft. For all its potential, it falls far short of the enjoyment I derive from games like Dwarf Fortress.

I wouldn't have hesitated to pay double that amount for Dwarf Fortress in its current state.

As would I, Minecraft is great but Dwarf Fortress is so rich. Had Dwarf Fortress been on the receiving end of all the hype, imagine the amount of $ Toady would receive from donations alone! :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2010, 11:05:37 pm »

Hell, in my most recent D&D game I generated a world in DF and copied parts of the map and history for background in a new area. Talk about versatility.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2010, 11:19:30 pm »

Crashing still occurs when modded race with casts enters town area displaying slabs with shop signs.  This makes adventure mode much less enjoyable as you can't sell or buy anything.  I've tested this with my own modded race which has castes and another modded race without castes.  So far, seems only the ones with castes still crash just before entering area that displays shop signs.

But the default races have castes for each gender! Does this mean that default adventurers cannot enter town areas with slab-signs?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2010, 11:36:50 pm »

Oh no, I just did a diff. Kobolds now have [metal_pref] and furnace operators allowing them to make their own metal weapons!

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2010, 11:51:21 pm »

But the default races have castes for each gender! Does this mean that default adventurers cannot enter town areas with slab-signs?

Hmm, with further testing, it seems other modded races are working as well, just not mine for some reason.  I will test this more thoroughly and edit my original post.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2010, 11:56:38 pm »

Hmm, with further testing, it seems other modded races are working as well, just not mine for some reason.  I will test this more thoroughly and edit my original post.
What is this? Someone admitted to being wrong on the internet?

CALL THE CYBERPOLICE.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2010, 12:19:28 am »

I thought the shop stealing bug happened when you bought an item but picked up the wrong one by mistake. I went to an armour shop which had two sets of +large bronze greaves+ and bought a set. I then got the cold shoulder from people and figured I had guessed incorrectly when I tried to pick the item out of the two identical choices.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2010, 12:23:20 am »

I thought the shop stealing bug happened when you bought an item but picked up the wrong one by mistake. I went to an armour shop which had two sets of +large bronze greaves+ and bought a set. I then got the cold shoulder from people and figured I had guessed incorrectly when I tried to pick the item out of the two identical choices.
The one you own will not have $ $ on either side of the item. Like $+bronce greaves+$ is owned by the shop.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:41:48 am by forsaken1111 »

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2010, 01:39:45 am »

The one you own will not have $ $ on either side of the item. Like $+bronce greaves+$ is owned by the ship.

Ah, of course! Thanks.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2010, 01:42:27 am »

In .17 there was apparently a bug where ownership would sometimes revert, so that also may have been the issue if your experience was in 31.17

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2010, 02:19:22 am »

There isn't currently a way to give equipment to your followers, is there?  Is that planned for the future?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12