Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bogeymen are really forest creatures??  (Read 2464 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Bogeymen are really forest creatures??
« on: November 15, 2010, 07:54:38 pm »

So I was ambushed by bogeymen, and Quesa Necrowings beat them to death with a scepter she was carrying tot he market to sell.
Just before the fight, during the ritual "futile flight attempt", Quesa steamrolled a, oneshotting it/them with said scepter.

...the scepter lists 2 cougars among its kills.

Quesa's kill-list however, lists two vultures, two vultures, and seven cougars from the encounter. I am confused.

Looking back, the previous night's adventure seems to be recorded in Quesa's kill list as being a pack of vicious mountain goats. The scepter, however, remembers 3 bogeymen in the Labyrinthine Towers.

Anyone else make a career of fighting the little snots? What do your kill lists say?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bogeymen are really forest creatures??
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 08:32:39 pm »

That might be a random bug. My guy just half died while steamrolling 5 bogeymen, his kill list has two notable humans (bandit warlords) and 5 bogeymen in The Hills of Sieging.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 10:31:30 pm »

very weird random bug. As I kill more bogeymen, the number of dead cougars increases. Soon I will have a few dozen.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 11:26:11 pm »

That happened to me once, but with groundhogs.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:47:59 pm »

I like to assume that it has to do with hallucinations and some particularly combat-minded woodland creatures.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 11:52:19 pm »

Interesting...maybe they were corrupted & demonized woodland creatures. Maybe the Night fiends were doing some "experiments" before kidnapping a potential spouse for all we know.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 12:46:41 am »

It's a bug.
they initially say Bogeymen. then get relegated to Cougar at some point.

I'm getting all sorts of odd crashes, ever since the Glitch Faeries rescued Quesa from the Underground.
The latest is a bucket of blood that Cannot Be Emptied.

If I move the blood, it is also still in the bucket. If I dump the blood from the bucket, the 'copy' blood is dumped instead, along with anything else in that container (oddly normal behaviour, that last part). If I dump the bucket and haven't already made 'copy blood', then the game crashes.

[/quote]

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 08:02:45 am »

It's like the horn of plenty, but with blood :D
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 08:08:03 am »

It's a bug.

I'm getting all sorts of odd crashes, ever since the Glitch Faeries rescued Quesa from the Underground.

If I move the blood, it is also still in the bucket. If I dump the blood from the bucket, the 'copy' blood is dumped instead, along with anything else in that container (oddly normal behaviour, that last part). If I dump the bucket and haven't already made 'copy blood', then the game crashes.
that bucket of blood is begging to be drunk.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 10:12:26 am »

It's a bug.

More than one way to empty a bucket.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 10:32:57 am »

It's a bug.

You must now find the tallest mountain in the world, climb it, and leave the bucket on top of it.

Upside down.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 10:38:21 am »

Armok's spittoon?

I like the idea of happy woodland creatures turning into bogeyman at night.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 03:00:03 pm »

Armok's spittoon?

I like the idea of happy woodland creatures turning into bogeyman at night.

Me too, though it only seems to be Cougars, and possibly previously mountain goats. Up to 18 'cougars'!

I have tried eating it and it instead ate the 'copy' blood. I haven't done rigorous enough testing, since I did not drink the blood without copy blood present. And I just now realized I did not try and throw it with copy blood present (this often dodges liquids' weirdness). Infinite blood-ammo? That could be cool.

You must now find the tallest mountain in the world, climb it, and leave the bucket on top of it.

Upside down.

Ooh. I like that quest. The tallest mountain's not actually that far. maybe a 5 day walk. It's near The Place The Sun Doesn't Set In. (a bandit camp in the foothills)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:05:56 pm by Flaede »
[/quote]

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 05:14:58 pm »

Why are you trying to empty the glitched blood bucket A.k.a Armok's goblet? take it with you for a infinte drink. Hope you like blood flavour!

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 05:16:21 pm »

Why are you trying to empty the glitched blood bucket A.k.a Armok's goblet? take it with you for a infinte drink. Hope you like blood flavour!

I think the point is to flood the world with blood  ;D.
Pages: [1] 2