Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any way to increase the number of quests?  (Read 738 times)

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any way to increase the number of quests?
« on: November 15, 2010, 06:16:13 pm »

Every time I gen a world (Large, lots of civs, sites, monsters, very savage, long history) the number of quests available seems random  =<

Is there a sure way to increase the number of quests? Lots of caves perhaps?

One thing I found interesting, if you kill evil beasts but haven't recived the quest for it you still get praised for it.  I was wandering to the capital when a goblin party ambushed us.  After the fight I decided to take a nap (everyone who survived was drowsy)

Naturally while I was sleeping a second goblin attack occured.  When me and the three other survirors limped into the capital the next day the law-giver praised us for killing two goblin captains.

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
Re: Any way to increase the number of quests?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:05:15 pm »

Based on what others have been saying, shorter history might help. Some of the randomness you're noticing might have to do with some world's civs managing to kill most of their enemies over the course of history.

I think you get fame for reporting the death of any civilization enemy (at least important ones - maybe some of the outlaws are generic). Talking to people just lets you know where to go and who you'll be fighting in advance.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:14:18 pm »

Ninja'd.  I was going to suggest shorter history for more beast-related quests.  I honestly prefer fighting the civilization races, though.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Pagan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 12:01:02 am »

I discovered a lair on the way to another one to do a quest, so after finishing my quest I stopped there and killed the monster inside.
Straight away on the quests screen it changed to two cases of "report death".

My gf thinks sex will stop me from playing dwarf fortress.
Little does she know that will never work, a beard doesnt look good on her.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 01:53:42 am »

You can repeatedly ask an NPC about surroundings, and they will sometimes tell you about camps and lairs you haven't yet been quested with.  Also, it's the only way to be told about more bandit camps once your reputation passes a certain level, since at that point you'll only be given quests for semi-megabeasts and megabeasts.