Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How do you pull arrows out of your body?  (Read 7218 times)

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do you pull arrows out of your body?
« on: November 15, 2010, 03:43:53 pm »

I have one stuck in my upper body, and I think its stopping my right lung from healing.

(also, unrelated, but yes, that is a boogeymans head in my mouth)

so how do I pull it out? It's not showing up on the 'r'emove menu?
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do you pull arrows out of your body?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 03:44:39 pm »

Have you tried scrolling down, because last time I tried it was with the [r]emove command.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:46:46 pm »

Maybe try the advanced 'I'nteraction menu?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 03:47:21 pm »

Yes, I believe it is under "I" for complex "I"nteraction.  Select it then pull it out.  Same thing with pulling out a weapon stuck in a foe, if you feel like doing it that way.

--Rexfelum

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 03:49:10 pm »

It was under 'i'nteraction, thanks fellas!
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Valdus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 05:56:16 pm »

Make sure you are "safe" when you pull them out.  It usually causes bleeding and pain, so you might pass out and have Fun if you are still near whatever inserted the arrow in the first place.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 06:05:58 pm »

I was wondering this exact thing! Sweet!

Zengrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 06:35:40 pm »

wow, i thought if i got something stuck with me it stayed there forever currently since we don't have doctors and such yet in adventure mode.. guess i thought wrong. Now i just need a way getting my leg to work again since a artery or tendon was cut and i can no longer walk... :(

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 06:39:53 pm »

you're best bet is raiding an old fortress for a crutch or be lucky when you come across a camp or lair all kinds of things lying round there

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 09:24:29 pm »

You can buy crutches in certain shops now.

I first discovered about pulling out arrows while assaulting a bandit camp. I pulled out a bronze arrow from my foot and threw it at a bandit and stuck him in the chest. It was awesome.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Alizarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 11:00:12 pm »

If an enemy stabs you with a weapon and it gets lodged in you, you can also (i)nteract with that weapon while it is stuck in you and try to gain possession of it, although I've never pulled this off successfully.
The Bull headbutt's the Minotaur in the buttocks, bruising the muscle and shattering the lower spine's bone and tearing the nervous tissue through the cow leather trousers!
The Minotaur slams into an obstacle!
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/japanbullart.jpg

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 11:12:19 pm »

Make sure you are "safe" when you pull them out.  It usually causes bleeding and pain, so you might pass out and have Fun if you are still near whatever inserted the arrow in the first place.

On the other hand, after you've chased down that bandit bowman, lopped off one of his legs and his right hand, it's oh-so-sweet to be able to pull the arrows out from your skin and chuck them into him point blank.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 11:27:09 pm »

Hmm...would leaving stuck things on you keep the wound from healing overtime or simply slow it down? Will infection be more likely?

Just imagined that it would be interesting when you walk in a castle & ask for a quest while the people wonder if your ok with all the arrows sticking out of your chest & skull.

"Nah, I'm good....I think they look nifty. Though the brain damage makes mertDASYRDSgdgfkhhk I like pie! *twitch*"
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 03:04:35 pm »

yeahh as long as something is stuck in you that part ain't healing but then again if it is nerve damage why even bother you could just as well lop the part off.

ribby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 05:25:44 pm »

Anyone else know any other things that can be done with the I (special interactions command)
Pages: [1] 2