Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Weaponizing spooks, for !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 14491 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponizing spooks, for !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2010, 08:47:37 pm »

So does that mean that if I let a dwarf die, and then have him resurrect as a ghost, I can assign a lavish tomb to him even if I forgot to give him one while he was alive?

This sounds like a good exploit for the OCD among us.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Frosty_Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling DFer, Legendary Lazy, Proficient Sleeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2010, 09:58:33 pm »

It actually is mildly irritating. HFS was a term used by Toady to lump together
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So that people who wanted to find that stuff out for themselves could.

And then a bunch of people thought it would be funny to start drawing up euphemisms like clowns, goblinite, etc... forcing and spamming their memes related to DF everywhere on the forums and confusing the hell out of newbies and old DF players like us (Yes, get off my lawn- and before you complain about my forum age, this is not my first logon) who just want goblins to be goblins and demons to be demons and not have magma or killing elves be the answer to every single bloody question asked on the forums. Yes, it was amusing the first ten thousand times.

It's like people want to be part of some secretive 'DF cool kids club' that mastered the game and speak in secret code.

EDIT: Anyhow, that's all offtopic and I suggest we get back to figuring out if ghosts will kill things for us.

heh, this probably gets posted more often then anything else on these forums.
Ok, so do we have a confirmation on where the respawn point of the dead fortress dwarves is, or do they just poof up wherever they want? I didn't see anything that confirms that yet, though when i start up my fort again [4/7 original remaining, thanks a lot mummy] I'll probably get a spook or two before I can finish the burial chamber.

honestly, that was a ragequit moment.  The friggin thief just walked on past and grabbed it.  There were like 100+ floors yet to be placed.
My computer struggled to load all the demons.  Then, next frame, I check the unit list....
The last.... 4+ pages.... all demons.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2010, 10:25:35 pm »

They tend to respawn where they died, but afterwards they can and do go elsewhere.

I know this because I locked a full 10-people immigrant wave into a gulag theme part right outside my fortress and let them starve to death. After that two of them ghostified, and tended to stand around the entrance, but afterwards I saw them bothering the dwarves inside my fort, even deep underground.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:27:21 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]