Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: IsoWorld - An Isometric worldmap viewer: Now at version 2.1! New map names!  (Read 393867 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

If it's named right, you will just get a bunch of single red pixels on your map, which will be totally useless.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

I was thinking that it might be an easy way to indicate which parts already existed, if the loading gets to be to much for the current version. 

Also: I imagine Urist McExplorer waking up one morning, and going "Armokdammit!  I was sure that there was a mountain there last night, not this lovecraftian set of dots..."

I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Oh, if you're referring to putting dots there for places that have been visited by somebody else, then sure, that'd work fine.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM

Hi Japa,

Firstly thanks for making such a wonderful tool!
I was wondering if there is any way to easily find a spot I'm looking at in ISOworld on the dwarf fortress embark screen? I was hoping the "Follow" option would do this but it doesn't appear to do anything in this view. (I have copied the relevant files and connected to my game)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:46:18 am by Ravendarksky »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Yeah, the follow function only really works in adventure mode, where it's also really needed. For embarks, you just have to match up the maps. The minimap should match with the overview map shown in the embark screen.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

When viewing a Biome+Elevation map, what are the purple squares (1 pink in the middle of 8 purple tiles)?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Goblin fotresses, I believe.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Ravendarksky: If you enable the grid ("g") in the Refined Large view, each red dash conforms to one of the 16 embark squares.  Just count down and over twice to figure out the X/Y Coords for possible embarks on interesting features.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Japa: Thank you.

@Timeless Bob: I will find what you advised Ravendarksky of very useful too, thank you also.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM

@Ravendarksky: If you enable the grid ("g") in the Refined Large view, each red dash conforms to one of the 16 embark squares.  Just count down and over twice to figure out the X/Y Coords for possible embarks on interesting features.

awesome thanks :) This will also stop me getting sad when my embark spot is in a corner!

mamborambo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: IsoWorld - And Isometric worldmap viewer: Now at version 2.0! Detaile maps!
« Reply #310 on: September 24, 2013, 01:07:13 pm »

Isoworld works quite randomly for me. Sometimes it decides it doesn't like my map and crashes everytime I load it. Then I make a new map about new world and it loads it, then it loads the old one too.
Does anyone know why it does that and how to fix it. Also, could you make somekind of crash log system? That would help tracking these kinds of weird bugs down more easily for you and users.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:28:08 pm by mamborambo »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 24, 2013, 08:34:10 pm »

Yeah, I need to completely re-write parts of it.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 31, 2013, 07:38:27 am »

I reload the map without restarting the program and that usually clears out the old information.

Incidentally, I was able to manually stitch together the island world embark for my "Luckiest Tourist EVER" game in paint using screen captures.  I think if you rewrote the code to add a "save worldmap" option that would make a single image where there are 256 currently in the 16x16 arrays, you'd be able to clear out the necessity of loading all of those tiles every time you started up the game.  The way I see it, any square in the grid that isn't being interacted with is essentially static, which becomes synonymous with a still image as far as Players are concerned.

The image below is a screenshot of the map at 12.5% size.  (The full size link is also posted in that game) The 17x17 square full image is ~26Mb as a png., but even if I detail the entire map with edge to edge embarks, that memory requirement for this static image will never grow.  I think that might an answer to your memory problems.

Thank you for making this, Japa.  Also, Happy Halloween, if you celebrate this holiday.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:58:11 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 23, 2013, 01:04:09 am »

This does not work on windows 8 it seems.

Freak2121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 03, 2014, 11:48:12 pm »

I tried to do the same with a 33x33 size world.
Required around 12 pictures at a resolution of 7000x5000 (approx.). Had to downscale for Photoshop to handle stitching them together.

Click for a larger (7x4k) picture.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30