Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: IsoWorld - An Isometric worldmap viewer: Now at version 2.1! New map names!  (Read 393891 times)

Dreamyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Loading a saved legends map seems to work fine. I just can't seem to connect to DF to get a map of my fortress.

Edit- Oversized doesn't seem to work though. just a blue grid.

Edit- to clarify it's staying connected now that I've loaded a exported but it doesn't seem to have done anything.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:36:47 pm by Dreamyr »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Just clarifying - are you on the expanded LNP now?  If so, I hereby confirm that an identical setup is working here - so it isn't that. 

Do you actually have a world loaded in DF?  The blue grid is a transparent overlay of elevation, so that you  can see the whole loaded chunk.  If DF is not open or hasn't loaded a world (fortress or adventure both work) the grid is all there is. 

Open up Isoworld and DF, and load up the maps in Isoworld and a fortress or adventurer in DF.  Now in Isoworld, click 'connect' and then 'follow'.  Go to 'oversized elevation', and it should be obvious whether it's worked or not. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You might also need to hit the "follow" button to zoom to the desired area.
where is up?

Dreamyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Yea, I'm running the LNP you linked now. I tried out what you said to there doesn't seem to be any change. The oversized elevation map seems to work but the regular oversized is still just the blue grid.

Either I'm missing something I'm doing wrong here that I don't know I'm doing wrong to ask you that I'm doing wrong.

Think I'm just gonna put this down as a flop instead of stressing out over it.

Thanks for all the help guys, sorry for wasting your time.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Try just leaving it for ten minutes - I've seen it take ages to load a map before, since the chunks can take a long time to load. 

If it's anti-fun though don't worry, I did that for Overseer for a while and came back to it later.
 Donations here.

fargurd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello, I’m a happy linux user, what should I do to get it working? I′m in doubt if linux port actually has the ‘legends mode’ to export maps, since there is no appropriate item in the game menu, so I will be grateful for pointing at how to find it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

there shouldn't be any difference between linux and windows here, though you will probably have to compile your own version of DFHack. Legends mode only appears when you start a new game with an existing world. You can chose between Fort mode, adventure, and legends.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loving this. Made a little wallpaper with it for fun. If someone can post a world/seed with a better town/city layout, I'll throw that into it. Just send me a PM to save forum clutter :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks, Japa.
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Ossum.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loving this. Made a little wallpaper with it for fun. If someone can post a world/seed with a better town/city layout, I'll throw that into it. Just send me a PM to save forum clutter :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks, Japa.

#win

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

I'm working on a project at the moment to map an entire (pocket) world with Oversized mode - for the eventual stitching of images if I use a script of some kind, what exactly to the numbers in the filename refer to?  I'm assuming that they're co-ordinates of some kind, since the images are 96px wide. 

Also:  does anyone have tips on a good way to stitch the bits together?  Screenshot editing is going to get old really fast other wise... there's got to be some way to do it automatically, given that Isoworld does it.  (Actually - is there a way just to pull the assembled image out of Isoworld?)

Project link
 Donations here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Yes, the numbers are indeed coordinates. I'd have to check the code, but from what I remember, it's isoworld/{world_x}/{world_y}/{screen_x_offset},{screen_y_offset},{Tileset_Name}.png

As for a full map shot, that takes a lot of resources to make, and since isoworld uses the GPU, there's a size limit there.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

As for a full map shot, that takes a lot of resources to make, and since isoworld uses the GPU, there's a size limit there.
Ah well, I was pretty sure it couldn't be that easy.  Hopefully this won't be an issue for stitching!  Isoworld is holding up nicely under the ~1/15 of a pocket world so far though, no problems worse than a little lag when right-mouse dragging and a ~20s delay to load the parts on open - my SSD is probably helping there. 

Yes, the numbers are indeed coordinates. I'd have to check the code, but from what I remember, it's isoworld/{world_x}/{world_y}/{screen_x_offset},{screen_y_offset},{Tileset_Name}.png
I'd worked out the folder structure, and it's nice to have confirmation of the other coordinates.  Do you remember what they're offset from?  No rush, there's a way to go before this becomes a live issue, but if I have a defined grid I can assign each tile to with a file-name offset... it'll be time to teach myself some scripting for GIMP or something to be competent in time for completion.  Worst case I just assemble screenshots manually, which would take some time but require no information or preparation. 

Donations here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Actually, with the way things are now, you will have problems, guaranteed, with a mostly mapped world, even a pocket one. This is because it loads all of the available tiles, and there's a lot of them. What I really need to do is have it only load the tiles from disk in the area that's currently on screen, otherwise running out of memory is definitely a thing that will happen.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Hmm.  As a workaround, would putting a single red pixel in each folder break anything? 
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30