Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: IsoWorld - An Isometric worldmap viewer: Now at version 2.1! New map names!  (Read 393892 times)

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you considered a feature that automatically stitches connected tiles together and exports it as bitmap?
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

So, somebody apparently made a DFhack script to export all the maps at once. I have no tried it, but it's here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7696

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

Wow.... Just .... :)

I ... have to learn how to use this....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile

So "connect" only works with adventure mode, right? Matching what I see in isoworld to what I see on the embark map is harder than I thought.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

No, it should work in dwarf mode too, though in there it' less useful, since you're still locked to your own fortress.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Can't load plugin [...]\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\isoworldremote.plug.dll

Damn, I want to use those epic detailed maps, but I'm doing something wrong for some ungodly reason.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Which version of DFhack do you have?

Dreamyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The procedure entry point ??1ServerFunctionBase@DFHack@@MAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL.dll

Help? Anyone? I've been fighting with this for the past hour trying to get it to work. So far nothing's helped. I'd really like to get a look at my fortress using this awesome looking utliity. :(

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Which version of DFhack do you have?

Dreamyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Looks like 0.34.11r1 as part of the Lazy Newb Pack. Thought I had r3.

Is that my problem then? It's always the things you don't think to check isn't it.

Dreamyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Pardon the double post.

I went ahead and updated to R3 and it loads now but all I have is a white grid, there's no terrain showing. That may be just because my processor is a decade old piece of crap though. I'll leave it running for a while and see if anything pops up. Was hoping I'd have better luck than with stonesense.

Edit- Yes I have connected to DF, forgot to put that in. I'm not quite that far gone yet I don't think.  :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 05:43:29 pm by Dreamyr »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

You need to load up one of the exported maps from legends mode - it'll do the others automatically.  This is likely to be the problem. 

If you get this expanded LNP it has everything updated and set up, along with a dfhack script to export all the maps with Alt-X.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dreamyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Ok I'll try that, thanks. One of these days I'll get a version of DF that has everything I need/want and won't have to clear out that directory whenever I find a shinier version.

Dreamyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Still not getting anything when I connect it to DF. Just the default white grid.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still not getting anything when I connect it to DF. Just the default white grid.
Make sure you can load the exported maps before trying to get the connection to work (you need to load the regular image-maps first, which will display a basic view of the world, THEN connect to DF and THEN switch the display type to "oversized" - otherwise it does nothing but wait). 

Can you load exported maps at all, or is this problem ONLY present when you try to connect to DF?
where is up?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30