Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: IsoWorld - An Isometric worldmap viewer: Now at version 2.1! New map names!  (Read 393921 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: IsoWorld - And Isometric worldmap viewer: Now at version 0.9
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2012, 04:44:45 pm »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
Re: IsoWorld - And Isometric worldmap viewer: Now at version 1.0
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2012, 05:43:43 pm »

It's an awesome tool! I already discovered a lot of interesting places, including (but not limited to) a seaside keep, a savannah choke full of waterfalls, a town segmented by pretty irregular cliffsides and underwater mountains, which unfortunately are impossible to hike.

I have but a single gripe, and it is that roads do not render on 1.0, although they're exported in the Structures map.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2012, 07:18:25 pm »

I am.

Oh man , I just discovered this thread today. I've always wanted something pretty much exactly like this, so reading through this thread has been an emotional rollercoster for me =X

So happy you're developing this again, no longer will I have to spend week and week generating embarks just looking for the right conditions.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2012, 09:02:30 pm »

It's an awesome tool! I already discovered a lot of interesting places, including (but not limited to) a seaside keep, a savannah choke full of waterfalls, a town segmented by pretty irregular cliffsides and underwater mountains, which unfortunately are impossible to hike.

I have but a single gripe, and it is that roads do not render on 1.0, although they're exported in the Structures map.

Can you elaborate? Roads are supposed to be there.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2012, 09:36:53 pm »

Can you elaborate? Roads are supposed to be there.

My bad! Indeed, they're there, but I couldn't notice their squiggly presence, surely I was too distracted by the other features. Sorry if my claim had no foundations at all. I'll be looking forward to additional visualization modes, like trade routes and the like.

Again, the tool looks great. It's also a nice feature that it saves the last used map.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2012, 10:55:27 pm »

Really nice, good work Japa.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2012, 01:33:45 am »

This continues to be: bad. ass.
At last, she is done.

Onegodoneloveoneway

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2012, 08:05:23 am »

Downloading now you tool building genius.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2012, 08:34:15 am »

You might actually be able to compile it on mac, but I have no idea what'd go into that. I guess if it works fine on wine, there's no reason to bother.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2012, 09:49:48 pm »

Been awhile since I last checked up on this. Looking awesome. Quite a vast improvement since the last version I installed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2012, 01:01:23 pm »

I'll be adding an optional feature allowing you to load tiles like this:

Does this mean Dwarf Forts can be processed, or just customizable graphics? Because I've been seeing awesome cities here and there, but no ruins or abandoned forts anywhere - even where they should be ;-;

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2012, 04:36:20 pm »

I really like what I am seeing here... I would love to offer this in the Masterwork Mod pack, as an included utility, if I may. The only problem I see is the big filesize. The download looked nice, 1,8mb, put unpacked 4,2mb is a bit much... I dont know yet.

The good side would be a lot more feedback for you, since more people will use it. (me included)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2012, 05:35:40 pm »

I'll be adding an optional feature allowing you to load tiles like this:

Does this mean Dwarf Forts can be processed, or just customizable graphics? Because I've been seeing awesome cities here and there, but no ruins or abandoned forts anywhere - even where they should be ;-;

I had, at one point, planned on having a feature where you can export your fort as a tile, and have it be loaded, but that never really happened.

I really like what I am seeing here... I would love to offer this in the Masterwork Mod pack, as an included utility, if I may. The only problem I see is the big filesize. The download looked nice, 1,8mb, put unpacked 4,2mb is a bit much... I dont know yet.

The good side would be a lot more feedback for you, since more people will use it. (me included)

The large filesize is likely from extra tilesets that are included but not turned on. I'll upload a version that has nothing extra.

EDIT: SOMEBODY had included a psd file by accident. I got rid of it, and what's left is the minimum size I can make it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:23:52 pm by Japa »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2012, 06:37:16 pm »

Wow, 40% smaller size. I just assume that this answers my question with a yes?  I would definetly include it, add a little section in the manual, and link to this thread. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2012, 07:01:10 pm »

Yes, go ahead.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30