Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Uh oh... Fish and hippoes!  (Read 2079 times)

Retro42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uh oh... Fish and hippoes!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 07:56:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Skanky:
<STRONG>In real life, you drink alcohol. In DF, dwarves drink alcohol.</STRONG>

FTFY

Retro

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 11:29:00 pm »

Fish and hippos? That's interesting; the very last thing I did in Adventurer mode before reading this was jump in a river and go swimming, up and down the river at first, and then into other rivers, fighting enormous masses of fish and hippos. I also saw a few carp drown in the water.

It was quite awesome. The river was so densely populated with fish that my weapon skill was actually increasing faster than my swimming skill.

grelphy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »

I once embarked on a haunted river. I figured I'd be safe just by avoiding it, but no; the SKELETAL CARP and zombie hippos climbed OUT OF THE WATER and stomped/chewed my dwarves entirely away in about thirty seconds. O_o

I tried a different location later, and got a more tenable starting location, seperated by cliffs from all the water; the river had both undead and regular fish and hippos, and they got into a huge battle right away. There was a while where the entirety of the MAJOR RIVER was red; the undead won, unfortunately, but I had to abandon because four waterfalls and about twenty pages of undead fish gave me a framerate of about 15. =(

Given the general shape of coins and what most people seem to find the minted variety useful for: "Rounds".
Pages: 1 [2]