Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30798 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - THEY BE TROLLIN'!
« Reply #390 on: December 08, 2010, 08:58:42 am »

Current actions:

Quote from: YOU GUYS
Kurtulmak:
   with beak dog, search for healing herbs
   tend to wounds

Likesfighting:
   rest

Fuzz:
   extra-careful troll butchery
   splint for LF

Kiyl-Kiyl:
   search for sharp rocks & big rocks

Umg'lux:
   chase birds
   dire baboon totem

Mahtkii:
   gather wood for LARGE PROJECT: wheeled wagon

B'lyk:
   chase birdy things

Schlakal:
   take bone dagger and arrows
   gather berries

Rjien:
   with Kweed, explore Eastwards

Tiggi:
   nag :D

Ichi:
   tend to wounds
   pack stuff up

Grum'tuck:
   gather drugs

Kweed:
   with Rjien, explore Eastwards

Ungbuktu:
   make another sled ski (take log from trap)
   piss a lot

If you want to change things, go for it.

With regards to packing stuff up, it'd be good if you'd say what things you'll pack as a priority. At least at the moment you haven't got as much carrying capacity as stuff by a fair margin. As a note, it's not a sled you have right now, it's a ski for a sled. You're also out of wood. :D

Regarding trapping, yes, it will mainly be a combination of crafter and sometimes harvester. In future I may add skill specialties for difficult subgroups of a skill - i.e. if trapmaker were to become a subskill of crafter, that would indicate that trapmaking was difficult enough to always come with a penalty, and this subskill would be able to offset that. Although the likelihood is I'll leave the system as it is and make alterations on the fly.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:22:19 pm by Samthere »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 08, 2010, 09:07:38 am »

Changing my action.

Mahtkii realizes that the group is out of wood, and puts his cloaks on hold for now. Instead, he goes and gathers wood to finish a sled/wagon thing, like he once saw in the trade depot he snuck into all those years ago.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 08, 2010, 02:47:10 pm »

Sorry but this seems so frickin fun i would like to join next wave if you let me?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 08, 2010, 04:10:18 pm »

Would people prefer if we switched, perhaps after the next sleep, to doing things by daily schedule, or are you happy with the slow-development of the day (and the unusually rapid healing, which is based more on me not wanting to keep players out of the game than any in-game reason)? You'd post daily schedules and I'd work on those, interrupting them if some unusual event or another occurred.

It'd increase the speed of the game (not with regard to update frequency, but with how much time passes in the game for each real amount of time), make healing times and crafting times more realistic, and travel times more bearable (with a 3-hour schedule, nobody's going to make a day-long journey unless the whole group is).

However, it'd make the game less personal (I wouldn't expect most people to plan their actions in conjunction with everyone else, and most roleplaying on your parts would occur at the beginning and end of the day as opposed to at the beginning and end of every 3 hours), it gives you a little less control of your characters (you don't get a chance to react to how your things go unless something wholly unexpected happens), and it'd mean a little more concentrated work for me.

I'm sure there's a lot more to be said for/against it.

Time spent travelling will go along the lines of "you travel for n hours, and then some event occurs that you need to react to/the landscape changes/you reach the top of the hill and can see the terrain all around you, this is what it looks like", then you choose a plan of action or a direction, say how long you want to travel for (i.e. even if an event doesn't occur, we want to stop an hour before midnight).

Anyway, opinions on this would be appreciated, along with further group discussion amongst yourselves about when you're going to start travelling, where you're trying to go and what you'd like to take. When I come to the next update it's going to be the same format as before, with your actions as I quoted above (unless you change/have changed them), and leaving you at the kobold cave 3 hours later (at sunrise).

It'll still be at least a couple of hours before I start rolling for the next update.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 08, 2010, 04:41:05 pm »

I think a "go until something happens" system would work for travelling, and perhaps full-day hunting expeditions, but for the normal play I would prefer the current system.
Just my opinion.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 08, 2010, 05:12:27 pm »

I think a "go until something happens" system would work for travelling, and perhaps full-day hunting expeditions, but for the normal play I would prefer the current system.
Just my opinion.
I would fully agree with this. Also, just as a note, I have not seen anyone actually mention to us newcomers that the tribe is planning on moving in character....
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 09, 2010, 01:16:42 am »

Just my opinion.
I would fully agree with this. Also, just as a note, I have not seen anyone actually mention to us newcomers that the tribe is planning on moving in character....

Well...my character mentioned if sort of offhand. He just assumes every Kobold automatically knows all his orders, and didnt bother to elaborate.

Kweed like more...more Kobolds, more stuff for Kweed! Kweed let you sleep here-tomorrow we travel to new camps, this one rotten with not-alives..Anyone want challenge Kweed for leader, you tell!

also schedule sounds good to me...woot
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 09, 2010, 01:17:39 am »

Just my opinion.

I third this.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 09, 2010, 01:22:19 am »

Just my opinion.
Thiiiiis
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 09, 2010, 01:24:10 am »

Th{i}ns is allowed in thiiiiiis thread with a limit of one thiiiiiiiiis per person per quote pyramid :D

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 09, 2010, 01:33:45 am »

Th{i}ns is allowed in thiiiiiis thread with a limit of one thiiiiiiiiis per person per quote pyramid :D
Thiiiiiis
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 09, 2010, 02:05:57 am »

I think that you should put a poll up of weather we should move away from or towards the big water.
Also, what ISN'T being brought at this point?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 09, 2010, 02:18:18 am »

Without a sled or wagon yet: Well, each of the normal pack sizes is probably enough to have a week of food in it. If you have a pack each, not considering the pony's bag, then you'll have half that much space again. Some of the larger items, such as the buckets, the basket and the jagged rock will be unwieldy to carry, and others such as the viper skull of venom or Ungbuktu's open jarate-jars will have to be either carried carefully so it doesn't spill or contained in some way. Drying skins could be carried specially on poles or the like to keep them drying, or laid out over the edge of the future sledwagon, and perhaps some bones or stuff will have to be left behind.

I don't plan on making standardised rules for carrying capacity and weight - I'm going for reasonable and then a little extra - so I'll be doing it on a case-by-case basis. Thus, if you could say what you pack in a pack when you pack your pack, then I can take a look at how much of it you can carry and whether you can still get more in.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 09, 2010, 01:36:41 pm »

I could knock out some bags from my wicker sheets if you all would like.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 09, 2010, 03:30:48 pm »

Sorry for how long this turn is taking. I've started rolling and scripting; tomorrow is super busy for me though, so I might not write it up for a little while.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33