Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30802 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Scorpions, Angry Apes, Death!
« Reply #345 on: December 04, 2010, 07:40:39 pm »

I will take some of the vines and I will make a simple flail.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 05, 2010, 11:11:31 am »

Rjien, Likesfighting and Schlakal, you've each chosen to hunt from the same location; will you group together in any way or go individually?

I'm starting the next update, so I'll script everyone else and if there's no reply by then (yeah, sorry for the short deadline) I'll randomly determine teaming.

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2010, 12:52:11 pm »

I would say hunt together, and try to hunt some big game.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2010, 01:01:28 pm »

I would say hunt together, and try to hunt some big game.
good idea.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 05, 2010, 04:29:09 pm »

Yeah, bit late of a reply, but going hunting in a group and getting something big would be awsome.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - THEY BE TROLLIN'!
« Reply #350 on: December 05, 2010, 11:24:14 pm »

Kurtulmak:

Despite not having experience fixing beak dogs, you quickly come to some conclusions about the similarities between their bodies and kobolds bodies (or you just assume they're the same). You're no expert with herbs, but you remember a kind of soothing plant, which you seek and find in the darkness. You expertly clean the wound and lay the leaf upon it, while getting the beak dog to lie down. Then you lay down beside it and sleep
Beak dog: the wound is now minor, and will fully heal after rest.
Kurtulmak has gained a level in fixer!

A short while later, you and Ichi are awoken to take a look at the hunters' wounds, and after you finish that you go back to sleep.

-you are on a furry, screeching cloud (in a dream at the kobold cave)-

Fuzz:

You grab an empty bucket and start scooping dirt out from the not-farm patch. After a short time, Mahtkii spots you digging away and lends you his shovel. The tool (the shovel, not Mahtkii - he's actually rather clever) makes it significantly easier to dig, and you finish before too long.

You watch as Grum'tuck finishes his ritual with a sprinkle of powder. As he goes off to sleep, you, and all the other free kobolds, transfer the corpse into the grave and cover it with soil. Filling the hole is easier than digging it, and everyone stood around the grave says their goodbyes to SmallOne in their way.

With SmallOne put to rest, you decide to follow suit (not quite so literally) and go to sleep.

-from the kobold cave, you dream of dancing tools with helmets-

B'lyk:

Leaving your cage with Tiggi's weapons, you split up from the others and circle halfway around the town before sneaking in; the palisade isn't at a point of actually stopping anything yet. The town is sparsely lit, and you rush about through the shadows to avoid any watchmen that might be around. As you rush past one doorway, you spot a human passed out in the street. He smells a bit funny. You go up to him and poke him a few times, with no response, so you pull off his gloves and trousers and rush back to the shadows. The trousers have a decent leather belt (4 strength 4 stam?) with a buckle, and there are a few copper coins in the pocket.
+1 large pair of woolen gloves
+1 large pair of plain pants
+1 leather belt with buckle
+5 copper coins

Kiyl-Kiyl:

The others go off, and you head into the town from where you split up. The town is like a maze, and you end up wandering out in the open, peeking into windows as you go. You don't find a smith - maybe after days and weeks are travelling, the town is different to the one you used to visit, but you're not very sure.

You hear some humans coming from a side street and you leg it, rounding a bend and diving through an open window. You hear them rush around, having heard you, but they give up after a while and you take a look around. You're in a carpenter's workshop, with half-finished furniture all over. You find a toolbox and tuck a hammer into your loincloth, along with a pounch of nails, and head back outside.
+1 iron hammer
+1 leather pouch of 36 iron nails

Again, the town's layout confuses you, and you have to avoid oncoming guards more than once as you unknowingly run in circles around the block. Eventually you reach the town's edge and circle around until B'lyk pulls you over to where you had left your cage.

Tiggi:

You leave behind your bow, arrows and shield, and rush into the town, the skin on your arms and legs shifting subtly with the light. You're grateful for the lanterns about the town, which make it a lot easier for you to see. As you whisk about the town, you spot one window and peek in, seeing a room with nobody in it, and with tables full of shoes and boots. You pull yourself in through the window and wander about, picking up various hobnails and iron toe caps. As you sit down to try on a pair of boots that seems like it might fit you, an old human wanders in, wiping his eyes. You press back against the wall and pull your knees up, doing your best to look like a pair of boots. He stands still for what feels like ages, then sits down and starts working on shoes. You dive out of the window like an owl and rush back to the meeting point.
+14 spiked hobnails
+4 iron toe caps
+1 pair of leather thigh boots

B'lyk, Kiyl-Kiyl and Tiggi:

The three of you meet up, collect the stuff you had left, and head back in the darkness. With Tiggi's instruction and B'lyks eyes (and Kiyl-Kiyl's not-wandering-off) you make your way towards the cave. Your path crosses a pack of wolves, but luckily they've already made a kill and ignore you while you calmly keep your distance. You return to the cave to find SmallOne halfway covered in dirt. After the burial is complete, you all go to sleep.

-you are all sleeping at the kobold cave-

Mahtkii:

With the reeds you picked earlier, you make a circular frame. Combining bits of vine fiber and bits of sinew, you weave a delicate web inside it, and finally tie into it a stone.
-negligible amounts of reed fiber
+1 dreamcatcher (on SmallOne's grave)

You spend some time with your memories, weaving the reeds together into sheets.
-6 units reed fiber
+6 units wicker fabric

You lay down for the night and attempt to sleep.

-you are at the kobold cave getting what sleep you can-

Umg'lux:

With no cloth around at the moment to cover the corpse, you leave it alone and venture out to find a fresh dire baboon corpse. With a bone dagger in hand, you spend some time figuring out how to cut it up before starting on it. After you get going, you do a fine job.
-1 dire baboon corpse
+2 units raw dire baboon skin
+14 dire baboon bones
+8 dire baboon meals
+1 dire baboon skull

You scrape its four larger ribs clean and start wearing them down with flint. You sharpen them to an edge and a point, finishing all four of them before you start to feel weary and lie down for the night.
-4 dire baboon bones
+4 dire baboon bone daggers

-you are at the kobold cave, flapping your arms in your sleep-

Grum'tuck:

Respectfully, you perform a death ritual on SmallOne's corpse. It lasts the better part of an hour, with you chanting, laying out plants and possessions, and doing all manner of other shamanic things, taking small amounts of your mystic herb throughout to enable you to better commune with the spirits and ask them to guide SmallOne well.

The ritual and the day's travel leave you exhausted. You make your way into the cave to sleep, ahead of most of the others. The herbs haven't quite worn off yet.

-you are at the kobold cave, talking about winged termites to a colour-shifting horse in your dream-

Ichi:

You wander ever so slightly up the hill to search for a decent rock, and haul it back to the camp. With Ungbuktu's help, you tie it firmly up with thin vines, and then secure those with thicker vines, which trail away from the rock, leaving a tail that the rock can be swung around by.
-1m thick vine
-1m rope worth of unwoven thin vines
+1 rock-on-vine flail
Ichi has gained a level in crafter!

You're woken up, along with Kurtulmak, while it's still dark to take a look at some wounds. When you feel you've done everything you can, you get back to sleep.

-you are at the kobold cave, dreaming of seaweed-

Rjien, Likesfighting and Schlakal:

Together you ready your equipment, Likesfighting pulling on a greave and Rjien pulling the mail over her head, covering her chest and part of her gut. She also takes a pair of bone daggers, tucking one into her loincloth and holding the other in her offhand. Schlakal gathers up a bunch of arrows and you head out into the night, ready to bring down something big.

You head up into the hills, searching for a target. You come across a space where two trolls, one roughly three times the height of Likesfighting, the other maybe five or six times. The larger one is gripping a dead horse by its rear legs, while the smaller one is heaving boulders at it. The larger one has a few cuts on its head, but is mostly punching the rocks away with its free hand (which has a few more cuts).

You watch them bicker a little longer, and then the larger troll picks up one of the boulders in its massive hand and flings it back at the smaller troll, who takes a huge blow to the head and lumbers away. Then, Likesfighting, who had been leaning on his spear, slips and crashes to the ground. The huge troll swings its tusked head towards him, grunts threateningly and tosses a smaller rock at Likesfighting. Likesfighting, with his cover blown, jumps to his feet and rushes at the troll, out of the way of the sailing rock.

Schlakal fires a poisoned arrow, which his the troll's left leg. It seems pained by the poison but with its huge frame it can safely ignore it. Rjien charges out of the bushes and runs alongside Likesfighting. As she slashes, Likesfighting readies his spear. The troll, surprised by these two new attackers, swings its free hand at the two chargers, pushing Rjien back, but also punching Likesfighting's spear. The hand is quickly withdrawn after being slightly wounded, and Likesfighting jumps back.

Another arrow sinks deep into the troll's hand as it's drawn back, and Rjien jumps up, grabbing the arrow and using her claws to climb up the troll's arm. The troll tries to shake her off, but she digs her claws deeper and holds on. Likesfighting, who is about to throw a spear, is caught off-guard by the dead horse being swung around from his side. He tries to jump back but the horse smashes into his broken arm and shatters the splint. With a scream of pain, he's knocked back and to the ground.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From Schlakal comes another arrow, again into the gigantic monster's left leg, but the poison is ignored. Rjien pulls herself onto the beast's shoulder and slashes at its face, covering it with cuts. As Likesfighting struggles to ignore his pain, another arrow sticks into the troll's lower body, but with no reaction. The troll slaps at Rjien, but she takes the gentle hit, knowing the creature isn't going to want to punch itself in the face. Likesfighting manages to get up and lob his spear at the troll's chest, but it brings its hand in front, taking the wound there. Another spear is drawn and tossed, but it only sticks into the dead horse.

A third arrow is shot into the troll's leg, and the poison buildup finally seems to be doing something. The troll roars in pain, and Rjien takes the opportunity to slash at its eyes with her clawed hands. The troll drops the horse to shield its eyes and flails blindly with its other arm. Likesfighting tries to throw another spear, but misses and takes a moment to try to suppress the pain from his arm.

Schlakal, now out of his finer arrows, looses a bone arrow, which misses. As Rjien continues to cut at the troll's head, it reaches for her with both its hands. She dodges out of the way of one and into the other, and the troll slams her bodily to the ground, and pins her there. Likesfighting, seeing a kobold in grave danger, rushes in and stabs at the hand holding Rjien down with all his might. The troll pulls back its hand, and the spear with it. As Schlakal notches another arrow, his bow snaps. In the heat of the moment, he tosses it away, pulls out his mantis-man claw scimitar and rushes in to join the melee.

Rjien leaps to her feet and tears at the troll's injured leg. The troll is now bleeding heavily from all over, but it picks up the horse again and swings it at all three of you. Rjien jumps back, narrowly avoiding it, but both Likesfighting and Schlakal are hit hard in their legs as they try to jump over it. The two kobolds are bowled over, Likesfighting's legs being twisted as he lands, having only been hit glancingly, and Schlakal landing on his front, having taken a solid hit to both legs. Likesfighting stabs from the ground, but doesn't have enough power from the ground to do any damage.

Schlakal forces himself onto his heavily-bruised legs and slashes deep into the troll's right leg, its blue blood rushing out, then drops to his knees again. Rjien, seeing her teammates down, leaps at the troll as it swings back to punch her. As her claws cut a deep cross into the troll's chest, her belly is met by its fist, knocking her away and onto her back.

The gigantic troll clutches at its chest, but it is bleeding heavily, and it passes out with a deep groan.
Schlakal: -4 nimble/-1 baboon bone arrows, -1 shoddy bone bow
Rjien: serious torso wound, minor belly wound.
Likesfighting: shield arm critically damaged again, serious leg wound.
Schlakal: critical leg wound.

Rjien supports the other two as they head back to the camp. When they arrive, they awaken Ichi and Kurtulmak to tend to their wounds, which they do effectively and without complaint.

Rjien's chest wound is treated quickly and she is told it will heal overnight.

Likesfighting's arm turns out not to have taken too much damage, the splint having taken the brunt of the hit. There's no wood around to make a new splint, but they make a temporary sling out of the old bandage that had gone around the splint, warning him to be careful and not move around too much until it can be splinted. Most of the discomfort in his leg, too, was a result of the greave twisting in the attack.

Schlakal, with his leg bruised all over, cannot be helped too much right now, but sleep will do its part, and they can look for herbs come morning.
Rjien: torso wound reduced to medium, heals overnight; belly wound healed.
Likesfighting: shield arm back to condition it was at before the fight; leg wound healed.
Schlakal: overnight, reduces from critical to serious.

Once Rjien has been looked at, she leads Kweed''rik'tik and the pony (with its new harness) back to the spot where the fight took place. The horse has disappeared, and there are new large footprints, but the troll is still there, in a blue pool of blood. You tie the corpse to the pony's harness, and between the three of you, you eventually drag it back to the cave.
+1 troll corpse

Tired, sore, and variously injured, you all hit the dirt to sleep.

-you are all reliving distorted versions of the fight in your sleep at the kobold cave-

TIME OF DAY:
############
#########O###
Early Morning
~clouds clear up, revealing the Moon low in the sky~
After a rejuvenating rest, a filling, meaty breakfast gives each of you the energy to start your day.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:25:55 pm by Samthere »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 05, 2010, 11:59:50 pm »

We had a guy going out and about with a broken arm? I need to read this stuff more carefuly.

I will take my Beakdog out looking or herb of healing, making sure not to over tax him. When I get back (if in time) I will tend to more of the wounds.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2010, 12:13:29 am »

The tool (the shovel, not Mahtkii - he's actually rather clever) ^_^

For today, Mahtkii will ask everyone if they need anything made before actually doing anything. I'm taking requests, people!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2010, 12:27:22 am »

FUCK

rest
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2010, 12:33:59 am »

FUCK

rest

To be fair, you were the one running around with a broken arm.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 06, 2010, 01:45:51 am »

FUCK

Who would you like to attempt to fuck?

On second thoughts, I'll try to avoid kobold erotic fiction.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 06, 2010, 02:00:59 am »

Fuzz wakes and sees the troll corpse. Extra carefully, he butchers it.
If there is time left, he goes out and makes a splint for Likesfighting.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 06, 2010, 02:07:34 am »

FUCK

Who would you like to attempt to fuck?

On second thoughts, I'll try to avoid kobold erotic fiction.
it was not BOLD

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 06, 2010, 03:09:04 am »

After consulting his lucky square rock with the ancient tradition of tossing it in the air and seeing how it lands.  Kiyl-Kiyl goes in search of some sharp rocks, asking the others if they know where some rocks like the "jagged, large woodcutting rock" could be found. He needs to get his tools back, after all.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 06, 2010, 05:34:37 pm »

I'll spend some time this morning looking at birds to figure out how they fly, and then maybe run around holding my feathered stick over my head. after that's done, i'll clean and engrave the dire-baboon skull with curly symbols, then bore a hole through the top an wedge a stick through it, stick the dire baboon totem in the ground, and ask Grum'tuck to bless it.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33