Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30824 times)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - the Zombies are Dead!
« Reply #300 on: November 28, 2010, 06:10:23 pm »

Kweed sees another kobold! Slightly less puny than the other one!

"Kweed think more Kobolds is more work to put foods in mouths. Why we let you join us? You have any *strong* warrior Kobolds with you? We need strong and smart."

"We have warriors. We have also many good skills for making things for us and breaking things of others. Also, more kobolds means more hunting."

Kweed like more...more Kobolds, more stuff for Kweed! Kweed let you sleep here-tomorrow we travel to new camps, this one rotten with not-alives..Anyone want challenge Kweed for leader, you tell!

also tell Kweed why you alone? Kweed old tribe get coughing-spewing-sick, die in hurt. So what yours?

With that, Kweed introduces the new Kobolds to the old ones.

My tribe attacked by many beasties. We Have little escape time so many scattered or killed along way. Very sad time for tribe. You very generous for taking us.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2010, 12:23:24 am »

Me go hunting, getting as much stuff as possible
It would also be appreciated if someone turned the 20 bronze arrowheads into 20 arrows
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2010, 12:47:03 am »

Ungbuktu makes arrows from teh bronze arrowheads. Tries making a sled for transport.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2010, 03:12:01 am »

Ungbuktu makes arrows from teh bronze arrowheads. Tries making a sled for transport.
not a wagon?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2010, 04:49:43 am »

not a wagon?

Wagons need wheels which need axles and all that kind of stuff. Sleds just need to long straight things to slide on. Which sounds easier to you?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2010, 05:04:23 am »

Journey two hours, arrive at cave.

Greet as many kobolds as will let me.

"Me Mahtkii! Mahtkii get lost. A lot. Group follow! Clay here? Mahtkii make stuff! Elfs like stuff, sometimes. Don't know where Elfs live. Mahtkii get lost. A lot. Find Elfs sometimes. Give bowls, get food! Mahtkii no hunter.

Mahtkii then wanders around camp, listening, and looking for stuff to make other stuff with that he doesn't think the others will miss.
Correct me if im wrong, but weren't there lots of people ahead of you on the waitlist? i don't want to sound like a dick, but you shouldn't join unless the host said you could, especially if their are other people on the waitlist, although it seems like all of them decided to join right now.
Unless sam said yes (in a pm), or agrees to let you in, i think it might be a bit early for you guys to start doing stuff.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2010, 08:54:32 am »

It's alright, they all joined together in a wave. The 6 new kobolds (check the OP for character sheets) are now posting action within the game :D

To clarify, they arrive two hours in, so you can get two hours of actions in before the MEETING AND GREETING
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:16:23 am by Samthere »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2010, 02:38:25 pm »

Yeah, we've all been chomping at the bit to get in on this, so we're all ready to go. When Sam gave us the word, it was game on! ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 30, 2010, 04:25:42 pm »

Also yeah, drinks were had and partying was done; script for next update is rolled, gonna write it up later tonight or tomorrow morning. Then updates resume as normal!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 01, 2010, 12:43:56 am »

I will try to tend to my wound as best I can.

Sorry for the zero hour turn.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Introducing... more Kobolds?
« Reply #310 on: December 01, 2010, 10:58:24 am »

Kweed''rik'tik:

You flex your fingers in your new gauntlet; it's a good fit on you, and you like the feel. With your newly-armoured fist, you go about smashing the heads of the zombies in to make sure they don't rise again. When you're confident they're all nicely smashed (and then some), you shoulder one zombie after the next, bringing them away from the camp and dumping them. Finally, with Tiggi's help, you clear out the brute corpse.

-you are at the kobold cave-

Fuzz:

With ease, you butcher the two boars, and salt their meat, hanging their skins to dry.
-1 headless boar corpse
-1 poisoned boar corpse
-1/8 bag white rock
+7 units raw boar skin
+27 boar bones
+7 salted boar meals
+10 poisoned salted boar meals
+1 boar skull
+2 boar tusks
NOTE: the poisoned meat is safe to eat; just don't rub it on cuts or feed it to people who may have internal injuries

You gather up some cougar leather and start poking holes through it. Some stranger kobolds arrive and watch you work with interest, but you finish the job before you get super social. With some sinew and your bone needles, you stitch the seams together and finally puncture a larger hole near the opening so it'll hang off the pony's saddle.
-2 units cougar leather
+1 leather saddlebag

You give the pony a stroke on the nose as you try the saddlebag on it. It seems content with its fashion.

Ichi:

You and Kurtulmak confer to treat his chest. You both seem to know exactly what to do, and he's feeling better in no time. Your treatment of the scratch on your leg goes just as well.
-1 set undergarments
Ichi: leg wound healed

You check on SmallOne, who's in a terrible state. The usually-talkative kobold now hasn't spoken for a couple days, and moves only in fits of coughing that interrupt his quiet, feverish moaning. You suspect only extreme willpower from the sick kobold could help him survive at this point, and shake your head regretfully.

Back into the forest you go, retracting your steps from when you followed Kweed. Here was were you were stood when the wraith attacked, there's where Likesfighting threw his spear - sure enough, you find the lost equipment.
+1 stout flint spear
+1 wooden fishing/hunting spear
+1 loose wooden shield
Ichi has gained a level in watcher!

When you return, a bunch of strange kobolds are in the camp, kicking back with your tribeskobolds.

Tiggi:

You tend to the animals and the adorable, funny, weird, stylish, snuggly, hairless, pink baby, who has no idea of what just really happened and who is perfectly content to grab your face and stroke it. Then you help clear up, taking the smaller, separated pieces of zombies while Kweed hauls away the corpses. As the task verges on finished, you put all your might into helping him drag away the corpse of the huge zombie.

Likesfighting:

Inspired by the zombie fight, and knowing that a broken arm is no excuse to not be the best you can be, you train further, and further hone your spear skills both at close and far range.

Schlakal:

You travel into the forest, ready to hunt and track more food. You feel extremely fortunate when a small boar bursts out of the brush, quickly grabbing your scimitar and readying an interception. Then, however, a hunting group of four viper men (snakes with arms and legs, slightly smaller than you) wielding short, crude, wooden spears burst out after it. You try your best to step back and blend into the background, but their tongues shoot out of their mouths and their heads snap towards you. They give up their chase of the boar and move towards you.

You attempt to flee, but they've already surrounded you. You slash hard and cut down the biggest one who blocked your way, and the others converge on you, jabbing with their spears. You jump out of the way of one but into another, and receive a scratch on your leg. The third viper man jabs at where you were standing originally, scratching its ally's abdomen. You spin around and slash at the one who scratched you, cutting open its belly. It holds itself and falls to its knees, trying to keep its guts in and avoid being sick.

The remaining two come at you again. One scratches you in the same spot, and you laugh at their weakness, just as the other's teeth clamp around your main hand. The wound isn't bad, but your arm sears with pain as venom is injected into you.

You go berserk, cutting and slashing at the standing viper men and forcing them to retreat, bloody and injured. As your vision gets blurrier and blurrier you stumble back towards the camp, at first dragging the slain viper, but then you let it go as walking gets harder. You keep yourself on your feet for a long time, but as everything you look at merges into one, you get lost. Extremely tired and confused, you lie down to rest.
minor leg wound
minor mainhand wound
medium poison effect

You wake up, lucky to not have been found by savage creatures in the forest. Your head and thoughts are no longer quite so fuzzy, but you know the poison could still harm you, so, without pushing yourself, you get back to the camp as quickly as possible. A bunch of new kobolds are hanging out there, but you're in no mood to greet them immediately. Safe amongst allies (and strangers), you allow yourself to rest on the ground again.

-you are dizzy at the kobold camp-

Ungbuktu:

You carve slots into animal bones for the arrowheads, spending a while finding the best way to do it. You then promptly discard these practice arrows and take a handful of new boar bones, repeating the best technique you came up with. After the heads are firmly in, you wear down the bones to make them thinner and more regular.
-6 hyena bones
-20 boar bones
+20 boar bone bronze-head arrows

Then you take a log and star smoothing it into a ski shape - a sled should be able to be pulled down the hill fairly easily.
-1 log
+1 adequate sled ski

-you are at the kobold camp-

Kurtulmak:

With both your own and Ichi's combined medical expertise, you take care of your chest awesomely. What could have taken days to heal has been healed almost instantly thanks to KOBOLD SCIENCE! The only outcome of the wound is a slight dip in your chest where one of your ribs has been pushed back slightly.
Kurtulmak: chest wound healed

-you are at the kobold camp-

EVERYBODY:

After a couple of hours of various activities, the kobolds point out some puny stranger kobold bursting from the forest and charging at the camp like a maniac. Kweed''rik'tik, as a mighty chief, is quick to jump up and meet the outsider. As the first kobold introduces himself as Mahtkii, another one walks out from the forest and introduces himself as B'lyk. Another kobold has broken from the forest at another point and is inspecting the hanging boar skins with great delight.

After B'lyk and Kweed have had some mildly intimidating discourse and an agreement has been reached, B'lyk waves back at the forest, ushering his hidden allies in. Two kobolds, one yawning and carrying an odd stick, the other skull-helmed, stern and silent, emerge from the forest, walking either side of a third, very old kobold, whose impressively-decorated staff clicks against the ground before him with each step.

Kweed meets each one before letting them mingle with his tribeskobolds.

TIME OF DAY:
#########O###
############
Mid-Afternoon
~the day is brightened by new possibilities~
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 11:00:41 am by Samthere »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 01, 2010, 12:12:46 pm »

Can I get someone to check on my wound btw? Thankee :3

Kweed offers to spar (practice fight, no beatings intentionally) with any Kobold who dares, to show his mightee strongth.
If none agrees, he rests his wound.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 01, 2010, 12:18:49 pm »

Fuzz will take the honey from the beehive, and put it in the glass bottle.
Then, he will make a backpack from leather.
If there is time, he goes to collect vines for rope.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 01, 2010, 01:01:03 pm »

Introduce myself to Kweed and anyone else who's nearby.

"I be Grum'tuck. I be the oldest and wisest of me tribe. I talk with the ghosts and they been telling me our land was bad. We been a travelling from over the high rocks."
Grum'Tuck points towards the north over the mountains, "First we get the beasts and the angry spirits who be living in the dead bodies. Then we get the cough disease, made spirits out of me tribe. Then we get the big beastie. Taller than the tall trees. Spirits be telling me tribe ta come dis a way. Say we have to travel many sunsets to a place no Kobold ever seen before. Only a few of us left though. Maybe the spirits be saying we should be travellin' together?" He points at Kweed's chest wound with his ceremonial staff, "I be a healer, I can look at the hurts?".

Offer to look at Kweed's wound first, then any others if there is time.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 01, 2010, 02:41:48 pm »

"Kweed get wound when evil spirit take over tribesmate...spirits only take over puny Kobolds! Kweed more powerful than spirits.

So, You fix, nice, yes? Grom'tuck maybe wise enough to be tribe elder... Old Tribe elder wise enough to talk to spirits, not wise enough to not become spirit self! Show Kweed power of future time telling and spirit talking, and me make you most wise one of all. Kweed not wise, and makes thinking hard...Kweed want do more bashing and ruling, less thinking and still be Big Boss. Biggest Boss of all!"

OOC: As anyone who's done any studying on this kind of tribal power structure will figure, Kweed is about to become a figurehead to an Elder wise enough to direct his actions with a subtle nudge now and then.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33