Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30821 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - the Zombies are Dead!
« Reply #285 on: November 27, 2010, 11:46:46 pm »

Tiggi might not be quite as fearsome a warrior as her previous exploits would indicate.  But she'll help patch Ichi up, okay?  Tiggi doesn't have an opinion on where to move the camp but she's eager to help and has been preparing the packs for just this occasion.

(What's weird is that my friendly fire earned me a level up.  Did Tiggi practice to figure out that shooting your friends isn't good?)
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 28, 2010, 07:40:31 am »

The friendly fire was actually a critical fail, and so earned no experience :P
The level up came from a sweet shot against the brute near the end.

You get better at things when you succeed or almost succeed at things (without modifiers), so even if you have a huge modifier that makes it nigh impossible to actually fail the task, you still might not gain XP from it. At first I included skill mods in XP gained, but I felt that the characters already good at something were having a way too easy time getting better at it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 28, 2010, 08:07:04 am »

Tiggi might not be quite as fearsome a warrior as her previous exploits would indicate.  But she'll help patch Ichi up, okay?  Tiggi doesn't have an opinion on where to move the camp but she's eager to help and has been preparing the packs for just this occasion.

(What's weird is that my friendly fire earned me a level up.  Did Tiggi practice to figure out that shooting your friends isn't good?)
"Don't worry, only flesh wound. You help others."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 28, 2010, 10:21:16 am »

Well, everyone else seems fine with Ichi taking care of the only other wounded, so Tiggi will help clean up the camp from this mess by getting the child and pets out of the way then helping clear out these bodies.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 28, 2010, 10:43:12 am »

Journey two hours, arrive at cave.

Greet as many kobolds as will let me.

"Me Mahtkii! Mahtkii get lost. A lot. Group follow! Clay here? Mahtkii make stuff! Elfs like stuff, sometimes. Don't know where Elfs live. Mahtkii get lost. A lot. Find Elfs sometimes. Give bowls, get food! Mahtkii no hunter.

Mahtkii then wanders around camp, listening, and looking for stuff to make other stuff with that he doesn't think the others will miss.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 28, 2010, 11:16:57 am »

Grum'Tuck was tired. The journey had been long and brutal for him and his tribesmen, made worse by the startling number of kobolds in the group who couldn't seem to tell East from West even if you told them which direction was which. He had spotted the signs of a kobold camp earlier in the day and everyone agreed it would be best to divert from the journey and see if some mutually beneficial trades could be worked out.

Grum'Tuck sighed as Mahtkii raced ahead and threw caution to the wind. Well if Mahtkii wanted to play diplomat, he wouldn't stop him. He paused a moment and rested on his staff. He would wait here until he knew it was safe.

Approach the camp carefully and cautiously, gauge the reaction the first tribe of Kobolds have from Mahtkii, and learn what I can about the camp from afar.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:37:50 am by Knave »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 28, 2010, 11:32:42 am »

Kiyl-Kiyl eyes the camp ahead. He, unlike Mahtkii, does not plan on getting within hitting distance until someone else tests the waters first. For he is smart, he is cunning, he is... hey, is that a pair of dead boar? Ooooh, what could he make with those?!

Kiyl-Kiyl goes ahead and starts poking at the pair of dead boar.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 28, 2010, 11:48:44 am »

The Arrival

There are the kobolds, but how will they react to us? There goes Mahtkii and Kiyl-Kiyl. Probally be better to wait behind and see what happens.

Stay behind to see if these other kobolds attack. If they don't then introduce myself to them and find out what's what.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:51:55 pm by Jabberwock »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 28, 2010, 12:13:51 pm »

Kweed, vigiliant as always, was first to spot the puny Kobold Mahtkii-he dropped the zombie corpses he was hauling and hailed, taking off his Baboon skull helmet so he could get a better look.

"Hey, puny, this Kweed tribe! You want mess with tribe? We kill bug man-sneaky skin-sword hands, monkeys that make good helmets, giant not so-pretty when dead birds, cougars'es, sneaky ghosts, yummy piggies, even smelly not alive big mans! We strongest tribe anywhere. And Kweed chief-he strongest of strongest tribe! What you want with us? You one, or more than one? "

Finished with boasting, Kweed swings his well used clubs in slow, clumsy circles, grinning and waiting for a reply.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 28, 2010, 01:03:28 pm »

I train with my shield seeking to expunge all weakness, constantly the professional

can someone make a wagon?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:24:29 pm by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 28, 2010, 02:25:16 pm »

I hang back until the others in my group are introduced, and maybe take a nap. *YAWN*

"you guys go 'head. Um'glux sleepy... that was long walk..."

Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 28, 2010, 04:18:59 pm »

Arrival.

I'll go ahead of the group and step into view of the new tribe. I look as least threatening as possible as I try to communicate with them and convince them that I am a refugee looking for a new home. If they're friendly, I'll motion the rest forward. If they are not friendly, I'll surrender to them.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 28, 2010, 05:05:57 pm »

Kweed sees another kobold! Slightly less puny than the other one!

"Kweed think more Kobolds is more work to put foods in mouths. Why we let you join us? You have any *strong* warrior Kobolds with you? We need strong and smart."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 28, 2010, 05:25:23 pm »

"Kweed think more Kobolds is more work to put foods in mouths. Why we let you join us? You have any *strong* warrior Kobolds with you? We need strong and smart."

"We have warriors. We have also many good skills for making things for us and breaking things of others. Also, more kobolds means more hunting."
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 28, 2010, 05:39:55 pm »

"We have warriors. We have also many good skills for making things for us and breaking things of others. Also, more kobolds means more hunting."

Kweed like more...more Kobolds, more stuff for Kweed! Kweed let you sleep here-tomorrow we travel to new camps, this one rotten with not-alives..Anyone want challenge Kweed for leader, you tell!

also tell Kweed why you alone? Kweed old tribe get coughing-spewing-sick, die in hurt. So what yours?

With that, Kweed introduces the new Kobolds to the old ones.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33