Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30829 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Kobold Hospital!
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2010, 11:33:02 am »

The other one wandered off to rejoin its pack.

NOOOOOOO
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2010, 11:39:30 am »

Take some clothing, if there's any left, and try to make a sack out of it. If there's none left, go fishing. Leave the bunny safely behind.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2010, 11:39:46 am »

Hey Samthere, ourCriptfeind's beak dog we have a breeding pair by any chance?

HISSS

Kobolds have no concept of ownership. ;)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2010, 02:57:21 pm »

Character Sheet
Name: B'lyk
Player: Labs

Stats: Buddiness +1, Brains Briskness +0, Brawn -1

Skills: Crafter +1, Negotiator +1, Sneaker +1, Placater +2

Perks: Muncher, Linguist

Flaws: Scaredy-Cat, Slow

Personality Notes/Distinguishing Features: B'lyk is very in-tune with nature. Ever since he was a tiny kobold he has been able to get various creatures to do his bidding. He has seen humans before and has heard their words. Always finding new things to eat, B'lyk has an iron gut and will try anything once.

Personal Equipment:
*loincloth
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2010, 03:25:45 pm »

Gurk! So many people on the waiting list lol.

I think the best way for Samthe to introduce new players is when enough people from the current group are gone, we get a "time passes..." event, simulating the time for a another group of kobolds to merge with us. Or, depending on how fast baby Kobolds grow, a general population increase through breeding-with the older players and younger players having status affects depending on how long passed.

It might get weird if everytime someone falls down and cracks their head, a new Kobold "wanders" in.

Also! Samthere, will it ever be possible to gain some NPC kobolds for our tribe? They would just follow one of the players and multiply  the effectiveness of whatever they're doing ATM, or be assigned to a single task, I guess, not require totally seperate orders.

I wont be able to recreate Tucker's Kobolds without some numbers!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2010, 04:19:52 pm »

Labs, I'll add you to the waiting list and send a PM some time later this week when it's time to gen - there will be a modified system for new players (I'll be adding perks and flaws, for one thing). Existing players will have a chance to either gain perks/flaws or trade them in at some cost I haven't yet determined.

Dwarmin, I'm not sure on the NPC kobolds yet. At the moment the game is based around disaster and scarcity, which, honestly, I can only see worsening in the near future. At points it won't be safe or feasible for kobolds to do their own thing, and the tribe might have to stick together at times.

The waiting list won't feed spaces left by dead players, nor do I think I'll do a time skip soon. I'm planning on bringing in players from the waiting list within a week.

In the meantime, I've got a little work to do and then I'll get going on the next update!

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - the Bronze-Stealing Age
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2010, 08:53:20 pm »

Fuzz:

You tie the trouser legs shut for an instant bag! It even has loops to add a carrying string.
-1 pair plain pants
+1 plain sack
Fuzz has gained a level in crafter!

You put on the red shorts. They're extremely baggy, but your loincloth holds them on. Then you go out to gather some stones and sticks.
+3 sharp stones
+4 spear sticks

-you are at the kobold cave-

Likesfighting:

You do some squats and practise throwing your spear, being careful not to harm your injured arm.
Likesfighting has gained a level in thrower!

Kweed''rik'tik:

Nobody has very much for you to doy, so you rest as Ichi inspects the wound he made on you.

Ichi:

You wake up with your head throbbing. Feeling around, you decide there's nothing much you can do about it from the outside, but healing it from the inside is a different story.

You wander round the edge of the camp and look for certain herbs, which you grind up and stew in your mouth. Once you're satisfied with your finds, you swallow the lot, and the pain dulls within minutes.
your head wound is only a medium wound now
Ichi has gained a level in gatherer!

You interrupt Likesfighting's training to look at his arm. It's been taken care of properly, so you warn him to be careful with it and leave him be.

Two of Kweed''rik'tik's wounds are healing nicely; the hole you made in him, however, is still deep and raw. You're not sure of exactly how to fix it, so you cover it back up and leave it to heal.

Schlakal:

Up in the hills, you come across a group of 3 lynx. You trail them without them noticing and watch as they surround a deer and eat it. Eventually they finish and split up, and you head back to the cave.
Schlakal has gained a level in sneaker!

Tiggi:

You take your wooden bow and 10 bone arrows. For an hour you wander about in the forest, finding no sign of other creatures. Eventually you find a lone boar rooting in the leaf litter. As you notch an arrow, it jumps up, alert. You fire the first arrow as it starts to run away, and the arrow thuds into a tree behind where it had stood. You fire again, which strikes the boar in the leg, but the arrow barely grazes the boar.

You give chase and the boar turns on you and charges. You stand firm and fire again, but the arrow was limply strung and it bounces off the boar's forehead. You step aside as the boar charges by you, swinging its tusks. You shoot it in the back, and again the arrow seems to have no effect.

The boar rounds on you again and you fire an arrow into its front leg; it tumbles over and you take the opportunity to plant another arrow into its flank. The swine regains its footing and continues its charge, but its tusks barely brush you.

You point another arrow at it, but it comes about again and you miss. Your final arrow strikes the boar with amazing accuracy, right between its eyes, killing it instantly. You jump for joy at the great shot as the boar's body, carried by its momentum, ploughs into you, and you fall over unharmed.

You gather the undamaged arrows from the battlefield and drag your kill back to the camp.
-3 baboon bone arrows
+1 boar corpse

-you are at the kobold camp-

Kurtulmak:

You ride the beak dog to the human town. The beak dog can move quicker through the forest, and your journey takes about an hour less than usual.

You leave the beak dog outside of the town, and when you're satisfied it won't wander, you scout out the town. You find it easy to move about the town unseen, even with all the people milling around. You head to the smokey building, where the human is making chains. You spot the sword on the wall next to him. You sneak into the building and sidle around the wall behind the busy human. The sword is mounted too high for you to reach, so you jump for it, knocking it out of its holder. For a moment you watch if fall, and then you snatch it out of the air and make your escape.

You make it outside when somebody spots the sword, narrows their eyes and then realises you're there. They shout and start chasing you, and you leg it. You lose the guy, hop back onto your beak dog and head back towards the camp, holding your new sword.
+1 bronze short sword

-you are heading back from the Southern human town; if uneventful, your journey will leave you with about half an update's worth of actions to do-

Nreelrroi:

You take a couple of pairs of bloomers and lace them together. Then you tie three of the legs closed.
-2 set large undergarments
+1 bloomer sack

You borrow a spear from Likesfighting and leave the bunny behind to graze, happy in the knowledge that the beak dog is out.

The fish in the river are fast and difficult to catch today. Instead you reach in and grab crawfish from the riverbed. They nip at you but you throw them into your new bag.
+5 crawfish meals

You return the spear to Likesfighting, who throws it into a tree.

TIME OF DAY:
###O#########
############
Mid-Morning
~the Sun smiles over a cloud~

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2010, 09:17:48 pm »

Fuzz wedges the sharp rocks into the spears, and binds them with cloth from the undergarments.
Then, he butchers the hyena and huge viper.
If there is time, he puts feathers on the cougar bone arrows, and checks to see if the bees have left the hive.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2010, 09:56:44 pm »

Ungbuktu plays with prices of bark and twigs using his powers of IMAGINATION. Then I craft a throwing mace by grinding a hole in a rock, and putting it through a handle, then sticking a wedge on top to keep it in.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2010, 10:23:46 pm »

Hey, can someone attach the viper fangs to my sword to make a wicked cool handle?

Or, even better, does a fighter want this sword?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2010, 12:31:28 am »

me go to human keep, wait till human alone, shoot him with poison arrow and steal armor
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2010, 02:47:33 am »

Fuzz wedges the sharp rocks into the spears, and binds them with cloth from the undergarments.
I claim these as the most skilled spear user

I train some more, trying to find the most effective training drill.
also if I ever am the last player to post just assume I train
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2010, 04:24:25 am »

Hey Samthere, ourCriptfeind's beak dog we have a breeding pair by any chance?

HISSS

Kobolds have no concept of ownership. ;)

Ohshitcommunists!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2010, 04:35:11 am »

No, communists definitely know the concept of ownership, in that their government is based off of the state owning everything. They are also aware of the ownership of other countries. Kobolds don't have any concept of ownership, just its grandparent; use.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2010, 04:41:32 am »

What is bad about bad about communism?

******* Americans
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33