Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30841 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - The Battle for Chieftan
« Reply #195 on: November 20, 2010, 02:54:48 pm »

Ungbuktu: I continue digging, but this time i use a stick to break up earth, and a bucket to toss it out. Also I put on the frilly cloth as a bonnet and then dance for everyones amusment as a pre-fight and post-fight warmup "ME SO PRETTY"

EDIT: NOWAIT, can i make a drum and play the above music? and a wooden kazoo for the trumpet. pleaaaase
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:37:18 pm by Hastur »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2010, 06:33:36 pm »

Right, I will take my steed out hunting for dinner and then go to sleep.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 20, 2010, 07:02:09 pm »

Me go to human village and try to find a map/i]
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 20, 2010, 07:13:10 pm »

OOC: Actually, I had a good idea about getting a map, and other intel besides-it involves one of our cutebolds becoming a pet of the humans and infiltrating the village from within...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 20, 2010, 07:15:08 pm »

Hm... that would probably take a while, lets see if i succeed first, if i fail (which i probably will), then lets try your plan.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2010, 07:21:13 pm »

I'll do it if Schlakal fails, but please be there to help me if run into one that's scary and mean.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2010, 07:23:23 pm »

OOC: Really? Smart, then again maybe we could just kill off the whole town and live in the castle...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2010, 07:35:50 pm »

OOC: Well, Schlaka would probably...die. I only think Nirur or Mainiacs characters having any chance of it, having cute+buddiness. Best case scenario, we get a kobold who knows the areas mapped around us, the location of supply caches, and might be able to read and write in Human, plus whatever they can steal on their way out.  Of course, the chance of death/being locked in a cage/stuffed and mounted is...quite high.

This is something we really wont be able to try later or even more than once-right now, we're just a nuisance, but as we come into worse conflict with them, they wont even spare our cuter members.

Not that this will all matter much to ME if I dont survive the duel...lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2010, 07:36:58 pm »

OOC: Why? Afraid of dying because you feel that your character isnt good enough?
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2010, 07:47:24 pm »

OOC: Why? Afraid of dying because you feel that your character isnt good enough?

OOC: Did I rub you the wrong way or something? You seem tense... >_>
You know, I'm not giving orders, I'm SUGGESTING IDEAS-how else is the game going anywhere? No one has to do what I say, unless they cave easily under peer pressure.... What part of "moronic kobold brute" did you not get? Placate the chief with pretty words and do what you want to. Again, if you have a problem, can we work it out in PM's? Or maybe I'm misreading your posts myself? Idk, possible.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 20, 2010, 07:54:55 pm »

OOC: Im not tense, its just how you keep on ordering us... Then again re-looking at your post I saw the rest of it :S Derp. I guess your right, a new chief would only suggest ideas, if the new chief is bad (Likesfighting) then we can always get you back into power. Also you are very quick to call me tense, some people could take that as a sign....

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Kweed''rik'tik is your Mighty Chief!
« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2010, 08:15:13 pm »

Fuzz:

The viper bones form fine points as you scrape at them with a piece of flint. Without any finer tool, you use some of the sharpened bones to make holes at the dull end of the needles. This wears them down, and some of them snap, but you still end up with a decent amount of produce.
-20 tiny viper bones
+14 viper bone needles

You curl up in the cave and go to sleep for the night.

-you are at the kobold cave, dreaming of carving metal weapons-

Nreelrroi:

With all this hullabaloo going around, you escape to your meadow. The Sun is down, but you lure a rabbit out of its hole with your charms (and with some tasty grass). It's a large, fluffy, brown and white thing, and it doesn't pay much attention to what's going on around it.
+1 fat, fluffy, oblivious bunny

As you get back to the cave with your new friend, the beak dog comes over. It eyes the bunny intently, but you give it a stern look and it keeps its distance.

-you are at the kobold cave-

Tiggi:

In the darkness, you fail to identify the berries you're picking, and more than once you stumble or trip over bushes you didn't know were there.

In the end you manage to catch a handful of fireflies, but they're little more than an interesting snack, and they're not particularly delicious anyway.

Ungbuktu:

You tie the leftover cloth from the dress to your head, to complete the look.

This time armed with a stick and a bucket, you go back to taking a chunk out of the ground in front of the cave. It's much easier with tools, and when you're done you line the hole bottom of the pit with arrows. Then you go ahead and use the pit as a toilet, before reaching in and smearing your leavings all over the arrows. You replace the log over it and wipe your hands clean.
-22 frail wooden arrows
+2 piles of dirt
log-covered toilet pit trap, spiked with 22 frail wooden arrows, by cave entrance
Ungbuktu gained a level in harvester!

Spoiler: Regarding Music (click to show/hide)

Kurtulmak:

You mount up on your beak dog and go out to hunt. As you venture through the trees by the riverside, you spot a huge viper, as thick as your arm, slithering towards you. One look at it and you know that each of you would like the other as a meal.

You turn your beak dog to face it and swing your net at it, but it glides underneath it and sinks its teeth into the beak dog's leg. The beak dog attempts to bite back at it, but misses. You jump off the beak dog and swing your net again; the snake tries to bite it, and you catch its fangs. It thrashes about as you hold its head in place, but cannot free itself. The beak dog goes in again, biting the snake's neck, and you jab at it repeatedly with your flint until you're certain it's dead.
beak dog: minor leg wound (poisoned)
+1 huge viper corpse

You treat your steed's bite immediately, sucking out the venom and spitting, until you're sure you've done everything you can. The beak dog is limping, struggling to overcome the venom already in its system, so you walk alongside it, carrying the snake.
beak dog: minor leg wound no longer poisoned

You drop off the corpse and go to sleep.

-you are at the kobold cave, dreaming of reptiles battling-

Schlakal:

You start off towards the human village, hoping for an easy steal under the cover of night. At one point you stop; you see a silhouette. It seems like it could be a centaur, but then it's gone.
Schlakal gained a level in watcher!

You wonder what you could have seen as you make the rest of the journey, managing to avoid unpleasant encounters.

-you are near the Southern human village-

Ichi:

You head off into the forest silently, holding your staff. At one point you disturb a group of snakes, but they slither away harmlessly.

Kweed''rik'tik and Likesfighting:

Kweed wanders about in the dark, attempting to listen out for noises, but fails to focus due to his anticipation of the fight to come.

Likesfighting heads towards some rustling he hears.

Kweed hears some movement and heads towards it.

A wraith glides up behind Kweed, silently. Its translucent white body glows slightly; its long hair trails behind it, ending in wisps of mist. The wraith moves up close to KWeed and lets out a longing, haunting howl. Kweed is frozen to the spot, and the wrath swoops about him, clawing his leg.
Kweed: minor leg wound

It tries to claw his chest as well, but does nothing against the chitin plate.

Kweed recovers from the howl with a snarl, swinging at the wraith with all his might. A chunk of its torso is torn off and dissolves into mist. The gap in the wraith's torso fills up with a similar mist.

Likesfighting hears the howling and fighting and runs towards it.

The wraith claws at Kweed again, but it is moving more slowly, and with less finesse; its attack is easily dodged.

Kweed swings again, thwacking the wraith in the head, which flies off and dissipates before hitting the ground. The whole wraith bursts into a bright mist, which spreads thin and disappears.

Likesfighting charges into the area, just in time to see the wraith burst. Without wasting a moment, he tosses his spear at Kweed. The helmet prevents it from being a lethal wound, but it still cuts his temple, and blood runs down his face.
Kweed: medium head wound

Kweed turns quickly towards the spear's source, roars and charges his opponent as Likesfighting reaches for another spear from his back. Before he can get it, however, Kweed has closed the distance between them. Kweed swings his mace-stick in a great arc from low to high, going under Likesfighting's defenses and connecting squarely with his shield elbow. There's a horrific tearing sound.
Likesfighting: critical offhand arm wound

Likesfighting looks down to see his shield arm hanging uselessly, bone sticking out through the muscle. His shield slides off his arm and rolls a short way along the ground. He looks back up and meet's Kweed''rik'tik's stern gaze. The two huge kobolds face each other for a moment, both breathing heavily and unsure of what their next move should be. Then, Likesfighting sways, his knees give in and he collapses to the ground as the pain of his wound knocks him out.

Ichi bursts from the bushes beside Kweed, stabbing him hard with his staff in the gap between the armour plates. The weapon buries itself in the chief's side and is wrenched back out again, the cloth around the end of the staff now torn aside, revealing a firmly-attached flint head. Ichi attempts to land another hit, but the spear glances off of Kweed's chestplate.
Kweed: serious upper body wound

Kweed roars at Ichi and backs up, attempting to drive out any influence that might cause Ichi to attack him. Ichi stands firm however, lowering the heavy spear to point at Kweed.

Ichi runs again to attack, but Kweed catches the spear between his side and his arm. The two kobolds both pull on it, but Ichi is hopelessly outmatched by Kweed's brute strength.

Kweed pulls the spear back, and Ichi closer, and grabs him around the throat with his other arm. Ichi kicks and flails, letting go of the spear and managing to escape from Kweed's grip. The spear falls to the floor.

Ichi rushes to pick up his spear again, but Kweed kicks it back, away from the fight. Looking around, Ichi runs to the fallen Likesfighting to get a spear, but Kweed blocks the way. Ichi keeps his eyes on Kweed's mace, ready to dodge out of its way.

Kweed, with his offhand, brings his wooden club down with a great crack onto Ichi's head.

Ichi slumps to the ground, out cold.
Ichi: serious head wound

His face and chest drenched in blood, Kweed'rik''tik returns to the kobold cave, dragging the two unconscious kobolds behind him. Having defeated not one opponent, but three this night, Kweed''rik'tik announces with a roar that he is the tribe's glorious and mighty chief!

TIME OF DAY:
############
###O#########
Mid-Evening
~the Moon is nearly full~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2010, 08:37:26 pm »

Darn it :L

Try to regain myself and set to fixing all of us, the chief first.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:42:41 pm by Ochita »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Kweed''rik'tik is your Mighty Chie
« Reply #208 on: November 20, 2010, 09:22:34 pm »

I do the honorable thing and let my opponents get healed first. After I'm taken care of, I settle down for a well deserved rest!

[Scene: Kweed is bleeding like a stuck hog, but he doesnt seem to care. He can't seem to stop talking!]

First me attacked by sneaky ghost. He try to steal me leg! Me blow him away like bad air! Poof!

Then. Kweed beat Likesfighting no sweat! He throw stupid stick, it give Kweed fashionable haircut! Then me crunch his white-stick inside arm, make sound like snappy twigs.

THEN puny Ichi attack me from back! Not Ichi's fault, he controlled by sneaky ghost. Ichi good, he not try kill GREAT CHIEF! Ichi-Ghost give me good backscratching, then Kweed take away him puny poker and bash him head! Funny crunchy noise! Fun night for Kweed!

OOC: Lol at poor assassination attempt. At least it made the battle more exciting! Glad NOBODY died. You were taking a much bigger risk than either of us Ochita!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2010, 10:07:47 pm »

OOC: Had to admit, that was rather good. I hoped that you would not be killed, that would be bad, I knew about the ghost aswell. But I was not scared. Still I better train.... Hey I need to be able to protect myself.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33