Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30851 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Day 2 is Dawning
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2010, 11:10:32 pm »

I shall go pick colorful flowers. Anything to get out of the camp while there's a Kweed here with good reason to be angry, and we still have plenty of food.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2010, 11:16:24 pm »

I shall pick up and throw sticks and other objects at them.

If at any time their is two or less I will try to land on them and use my taming powers to tame me up a steed.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2010, 11:45:09 pm »

Tiggi dances about a bit.  Haha, skull.  I have you right where I can see you, on top of my head!  That'll show you!

Once she's done dancing, she stops to consider the great journey that the tribe must make and wonders why they aren't doing what the old elder said.  Then she realizes.  They don't have any cloth!  Of course!

Tiggi leaves her beloved skull at the camp along with the bow and arrows and heads off towards the closer human village.  The humans sometimes leave their clothes outside, strung together on ropes in case any kobalds need to borrow a lot of them.  Tiggi will find one of these cloth-lines and borrow it for the camp.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2010, 01:09:55 am »

I lay a claim to the shield and the skull cap and if someone tries to make chitin armor i will help him/her by fetching whatever s/he needs if not i go hunting
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:41:05 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2010, 01:30:40 am »

Fuzz asks Kweed''rik'tik if he can takt the meat and bones out of the eagle.
If Kweed''rik'tik says yes, fuzz will butcher the eagle then give the skin/feathers back.

Fuzz will also try to make some armor from the chitin.

Kweed'riki'tik let you cut up pretty-not anymore bird. Want save feathers for Kweed, want to make wings so Kweed can fly like bird too!

Rest after my glorious battle. Tell everyone how I killed it...leaving out the parts where I brained myself.
I claim a grinning baboon skull helm!
I also claim a 2nd wooden club, for twice the bashing! I'll store my clubs in the bag when not in use

You club a tiny, harmless snake for distracting you from tracking real monsters and leave it behind.

This sounds alot like what my character would do. In my story, the snake is 50 feet long of course.

Also, how severe is the penalty to dual wielding Samthere? Is it a different skill entirely? Can I even alternate, using one hand for striking, another for blocking, but switching around in case I need more defense/offense?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:49:43 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2010, 08:35:45 am »

Fuzz, from now on I'll ask that you specify whether armour is being made large or normal, so it's worth having an idea who it's for. In the meantime I'll just have you shape parts.

I haven't really considered dual wielding in detail. If you're using one weapon offensively and one defensively then you'll just get the attack bonuses and damage from the offensive one, and the block bonus from the defensive one. Switching around should be fine.

If you're using both to attack, you'll probably get a fixed bonus to damage (instead of the second weapon's full damage dice) at the cost of a penalty to hit.

The pebbles bag is pretty small, though, like a dice bag. Right now kobolds mostly tuck stuff into their loincloths :P

Finally, a note to all: if you craft something and don't say you want to keep a hold of it, I'll be fairly liberal in its allocation. If you've been holding onto a tool for a while, or take quite a lot of equipment, I'll likely put it back into the group inventory. Like I say, though, if you're hoarding, let me know.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:45:41 am by Samthere »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2010, 10:57:08 am »

Well, in that case, I'll use I use these 3 modes of combat-I'll indicate what I want to use, assume DEFAULT of course without any input from me. Kweed use helpful system!

DEFAULT: Attack with 1 weapon, use 1 weapon for defense

BERSERKOBOLD: Attack with both wielded weapons until death!

TANKOBOLD: Alternate using both weapons/weapon and a shield for defense and then only one weapon/shield for defense and attacking with my free hand, then back again.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2010, 11:00:01 am »

I'm just working on a new set of character sheets with summed up rolls for various things. It'll make the rolling a lot faster when it's done, and standardise some stuff I've been making up as I go along. :D

For two-weapon attacking, I've taken the lower hit roll of the two with a penalty, and added its average damage (up to a max of the penalty to attack you took). You still have a decent attack roll, and the damage is now very high (in theory you could kill any other kobold but yourself in one hit).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:03:03 am by Samthere »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2010, 11:19:24 am »

Steal aloot of leather from the town
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2010, 11:30:02 am »

Speaking of which, anyone else got equipment ideas? I'm thinking...

feather shafted arrows, after butchering giant eagle
mantis man claw daggers-Lemon has 3 stabber, and no weapon lol
Throwing spears, and bag to hold them
Leather satchel-we need everyone to get at least one
Sneaking suit! Need to steal black paint, useful for night missions
Subtle Chitin sneaking suit-useful for any kobold without melder, and makes one who has it even better!

Remember to ask me if you need some brute strength for carrying or harvesting, I'll be happy to help.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:36:14 am by Dwarmin »

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2010, 01:37:55 pm »

Fuzz:

Kweed''rik'tik hauls the eagle over to you and drops it where you work. You set about plucking its feathers, setting aside the strongest undamaged ones for other tasks. You cut the bird's head off and hack its beak away; the rest of the head is too damaged to be useful.
-1 messy-faced giant eagle corpse
+33 giant eagle feathers
+7 giant eagle bones
+4 giant eagle meals
+1 giant eagle beak

Likesfighting comes to help you make armour from the mantis chitin. Together you bend and bash the pieces of the creature's exoskeleton until they're of a shape that could fit on the torso of a kobold.
-2 units subtle chitin
+2 subtle chitin armour plates

-you are at the kobold cave-

Nreelrroi:

You head away from the camp and to a meadow you sometimes visit. Butterflies flit around you and you delight in their colours, while bunnies graze at your feet, undisturbed by your presence.

You drop to your belly amidst the peaceful scene and start picking flowers. Sadly, every time you try to pick one, you accidentally crush the petals. After a while, and with a small pile of destroyed flowers in front of you, you give up.

-you are in a meadow near the kobold cave-

Kurtulmak:

You start flinging sticks at the beak dogs, causing them to screech and hiss. Most of them eventually go off to do other things, but 2 indeed remain behind to keep an eye on you. You seize the moent and leap from the tree, aiming for a beak dog. It hops back out of your way and you land on your feet in front of it.

You grab one of the beak dogs around its mouth so it can't bite you, and whisper to it, shifting your eyebrows to look as much like an adorable baby beak dog as you can. It tilts its head at you and relaxes.

The other beak dog, though, can't see your face right now, and you fail to avoid it as it scratches your left leg with its foot. You swing your net at it and catch it by its legs, tripping it over. While it struggles with the net, you assume the most innocent, undelicious stance you can, and by the time the beak dog is back up it has no desire to fight you.
medium wound
+2 non-tame, non-hostile beak dogs

You head over to the human town and the beak dogs follow out of curiousity. You find the kitchen you were looking for and, using one of the beak dogs as a step, clamber in through the window. A large human woman is standing by the stove, stirring something delicious. You silently snatch a pair of glass bottles (which you assume contain fun juice) and move them over by the window.

Then you notice the bag of white-rock on the table next to where the human is cooking. In a stroke of genius you climb back out of the window, run around the house and bang on the door. You run to the window again as fast as you can, and pull up just as you see the human take her apron off and leave the room. You rush in, grab the bag of white rock, the apron, a handful of stew and the bottles, then dive back out of the window. You scamper off into the forest, clinking slightly, before you stop to share your food with the beak dogs.
+2 non-tame, friendly beak dogs
+1 bag of white-rock
+2 glass bottles of something
+1 large floral-embroidered apron (2 cloth units)
+3 immediately-eaten hearty stew meals

-you are near the Southern human town, with stolen goods and a pair of beak dogs-

Tiggi:

You finish dancing your awesome victory dance of cougar-teasing (your shaking catches the eye of all the nearby males) and dash off along the river, into the forest, on your way to steal clothes. You move through the forest like little more than a shadow, blending in perfectly with the background. Then, suddenly you bump into something you can't quite see. Something spins around in front of you and stares at you with compound eyes briefly. It's a mantis-man, and it seems you were equally startled by one another.

It reacts first, slashing at you, but you bring up your buckler and shove it, knocking it off balance. You kick it in its chest, not seeming to harm it, but sending it staggering back. You take the opportunity to abscond. It's not worth the risk fighting something like this without a proper weapon.
Tiggi gained a level in blocker!

You arrive at the town; it's bustling with activity.

-you are outside the human forest town-

Likesfighting:

You help Fuzz bash the chitin armour into shape, and he's grateful for your good performance.

You then venture out from the cave to hunt again, but a couple of hours later and all you've managed to find are trees.

...damn trees, always messing up your tracking.

-you are a short ways from the kobold cave-

Kweed''rik'tik:

You try to relax, but your back is really itchy and you can't help but rub up against a tree. Suddenly you realise this was a bad idea when you notice you're rubbing against a thorn tree. Your back hurts a lot more; perhaps a fixer oughta take a look at it. No fixer is here right now, though.
your medium wound has worsened slightly

Still, you're sure you look awful good in your new helmet.

-you are at the kobold cave, looking like a hedgehog-

Ichi:

Once more you make the journey to the Southern human town, and once again you are unnoticed, although you don't notice anything that could notice you anyway.

When you arrive you meet Kurtulmak, with a couple of beak dogs strolling either side of him. His arms are laden with goods.

-you are outside the Southern human town-

Ungbuktu:

You find a soft patch in the cave and start digging out a sleeping-hole with your hands. You make slow progress, and it'd probably be much easier with a tool, but you don't know what tool you'd use and you won't just give up. Within the few hours you've worked, you managed to dig 2 holes, deep and large enough to be comfortable and still out of sight.
+2 piles of dirt
+2 stealthy sleepy holes

-you are at the kobold cave-

TIME OF DAY:
###O#########
############
Mid-Morning
~the forest is lively~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Beak Dogs ain't so scary!
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2010, 01:42:01 pm »

Go to the forest and search for some stones and sticks. Return to the cave.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2010, 02:00:34 pm »

Fuzz uses his remaining sharp rock to carve as many bones as he can into arrows, and possibly daggers for the larger ones.
He then turns the mantis claws/scythes into knives by making a handle with the cloth strips.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2010, 02:39:31 pm »

If no one can be found to HALP MEH, I try to pull the thorns from my back and clean+dress my wound
If I get some HALP, rest!

Kweed still itchy! Red inside water spilling out! Chief cannot die. If you let Kweed die, I kill you all!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:42:02 pm by Dwarmin »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2010, 02:44:19 pm »

Nree-nree not want get killed. I help chief!

(Help) heal the chief!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33