Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30858 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - The Stars are Pretty
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2010, 03:22:58 pm »

I'm not entirely sure how I'll be bringing new players in, but as long as I keep going with the game it's likely to happen. Perhaps after an amount of time or a certain number of new signups and deaths, a wandering group of kobolds will merge with the tribe. Regardless of how it'll happen, I'll add a waiting list :D

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2010, 03:25:04 pm »

YOU CAN BE BOB! THE CHICKEN!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2010, 03:35:25 pm »

I'm not entirely sure how I'll be bringing new players in, but as long as I keep going with the game it's likely to happen. Perhaps after an amount of time or a certain number of new signups and deaths, a wandering group of kobolds will merge with the tribe. Regardless of how it'll happen, I'll add a waiting list :D

Wonderful!

YOU CAN BE BOB! THE CHICKEN!

Bob is obviously the most friendly of the three chickens having not pecked you when he was stuffed into your loincloth!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2010, 04:33:30 pm »

Kobolds killing more than Dweek! Chief Dweek must kill too...like Mofol, Dweek could kill dragon with one claw...er hand!

Dweek goes for an early morning hunting trip, looking for grubs-I take a fish to eat on the way.
EDIT: I upgrade to a wooden club too
Lol, sorry about buckler...I didnt see he was using it for hunting!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:56:12 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2010, 04:55:20 pm »

Also, Dweek want skull head hat when come back from glorious hunt. Dweek head too soft! Why you laughing at Dweek!?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2010, 05:37:25 pm »

Quietly make some hats from the skills by adding a small amount of leather to the inside to soften blows, add a bit of blood to make it look good.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2010, 05:49:11 pm »

I love the idea that Kweed suddenly forgot his name XD

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2010, 06:03:10 pm »

could I get a waiting list spot?
It's FEF, not FEOF

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2010, 06:21:49 pm »

Tiggi awakes with a growl.  She'll show that cougar to but heads with her and expect her to back down!  Grrrrrr.... Yip!

She blinks in surprise at the faint morning light then leaps to her feet to run over and stare suspiciously at the cougar skull.  How'd you get out?  I'd better keep an eye on you.  Tiggi tucks the skull under her arm and goes off in search of something rope like to make a cougar hat out of.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2010, 06:43:52 pm »

First i treck back to villiage (and bring horse to put child on if other kobolds allow) and observe them for a while, making sure i got good time to strike
then i's use some of the magic's heat stuff (fire), on a building, then while stupid pinkies are distracted me sneak around and knock a (male preferabbly) child out, and bring it back to camp
I'm ok with these actions taking 1 turn each (or 2 turns total), so that i get bonus's to them working properly

While my was sleeping i's stone was making water, it's so magical
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2010, 08:50:59 pm »

*Ungbuktu takes the rough cloth and and some grass and makes a ghillie suit to improve sneaking for whomever wears it. Then I make a wooden shield with a woven stap on it to wear on your back or weilded in the hand. Then out of mud i make some clay jars to store liquids in. Then I dig some hidey holes in our cave to sleep in hiddenly, make it a burrow if i cannot dig rock.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2010, 10:00:09 pm »

Nreelrroi:

You wake up before the rest of the tribe and greet the starry sky above you with some solemn yips and shrieks. You wake the others, who kind of grumble at you and start their business for the day.

-you are at the kobold cave-

Fuzz:

Carrying around both of these weapons everywhere is getting kind of heavy, so you drop off the mace-stick.

You go ahead and start butchering the mantis-man's corpse. You're getting a knack for taking bodies apart! There isn't much meat on this thing, but you get quite a lot of its exoskeleton, and its claws.
-1 mantis-man corpse
+5 units subtle chitin
+2 mantis-man claws
+3 mantis-man meals

Kurtulmak:

You head off for the Southern human town. On your way there a pack of beak dogs smells you. You try to run away from them, but they give chase and quickly have you surrounded. You clamber up a tree and start running amongst the branches, terrified. The pack, of five or maybe more, is persistent, however, and you don't manage to shake them. You know how tenacious these creatures can be, and that waiting is useless, so you carefully continue your journey amongst the treetops.

-you are near the human town, up a tree surrounded by beak dogs-

Kweed''rik'tik:

Taking the stone-riddled club that Fuzz made and a fish to chew along the way, you set off into the wilderness, determined to bring back a kill more impressive than those the others have made. You ignore a line of rabbit-sized ants and continue your search. A warren of rats is similarly beneath you. You club a tiny, harmless snake for distracting you from tracking real monsters and leave it behind.

You venture deep into the hills, where more savage things roam. Eventually you spot a giant eagle flying not far above you, and decide that this enemy is suitably matched to you.

You stand out in the open and begin tossing rocks at it. It's directly above you, however, and when you miss the pebbles fall right back down onto you. You take a step back and try again, hitting the bird in the tail. It swoops down and claws at you, but you smack its feet away with your mace. You strike back at it, but it rises again, so you throw another rock past it before it comes back in for more.

You swing again, but it twists and tries to scratch you again; you bend away from its attack. You try to grab it by the tail, but once again it's up in the air. More rocks are thrown, but none find their mark.

The eagle divebombs you, catching you off guard and badly scratching your back. You spin around, club held straight in outstretched arms, and hit the bird in the neck with all your might, dislodging two of the stones from the mace, which now jut out of the creature. The eagle is sent bouncing off the ground, but it tucks its wings in just in time to avoid them being damaged.

You sieze the opportunity to leap upon your prey. It tries to bite you as you rush in, but you swing your mace down vertically and cave its head in. One stone from the mace remains in its forehead like a horn.
+1 messy-faced giant eagle corpse
medium wound

You pluck the stones from the eagle and jam them back into the mace before you heft the bird over your shoulder and haul it back to camp.

-you are at the kobold cave, wearing a dead eagle like a cape-    

Ichi:

You grab the pair of baboon skulls and a piece of leather and set to making helmets of them.

Your first attempt presents some problems; the jaw keeps getting in the way of putting it on, so eventually you just tear it off, but that breaks off the upper fangs and snaps the leather strap you had attached, and now you need to fix that. Still, you end up with something that will stay attached to a kobold's head and looks pretty fearsome, so that's nice.

Your second attempt goes much smoother, and you manage to leave the lower jaw attached this time, so the wearer peers out from the grinning visage of a baboon skull. Plus, their teeth are rather impressive.

You add blood to both skulls' teeth to make them look even more fearsome. Why, if you hadn't made these yourself, you'd scream just by looking at them! As it stands, you settle for jumping a little.
-2 baboon skulls
-1 unit of leather
+1 baboon skull cap
+1 grinning baboon skull helm

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiggi:

With a stern look as if to say "I'll teach you a lesson, you cougar skull!" you pick up the cougar skull and take it off into a corner. You tear a unit of leather into three strips. You don't have any idea how to attach the leather to the skull, however and no matter how hard you press it it doesn't seem to stay.

You give up with the leather and try cloth. This proves much easier to work with as you tie it around the holes in the skull, and you're soon prancing about with a cougar skull firmly attached to your head.
-1 unit leather
+3 leather strips
-1 unit rough cloth
-1 cougar skull
+1 cougar skull cap
+6 rough cloth strips

Schlakal:

You give the pony a stroke and it takes to you immediately. You set off back to the forest town. The pony seems to like moving quickly, and you keep tripping trying to keep up, so you eventually climb onto the pony's back. You cling to it with all four of your limbs, and manage to stay mounted. The journey there is otherwise uneventful.

You tether the pony to a tree a little ways outside the town and sneak up to a building. The townsfolk are beginning to rise and go about their daily tasks. You wonder how you're going to create magic heat stuff in a place like this.
Schlakal has gained a level in sneaker!

-you are at the human forest town-

Ungbuktu:

You begin your day by gathering blades of grass and bits of scrub. It goes fairly well, and you return with an armful of plant pieces. You take a piece of rough cloth and start jabbing the blades of grass and twigs through the material. You even attach a few bits of wood to make it look like an authentic bush. Perhaps some of the less sneaky kobolds could do with something like this.
-1 unit rough cloth
-2 decent sticks
+1 bush disguise tunic
Ungbuktu has gained a level in crafter!

You continue by cutting a log down into a flat shape, making a fine face for a shield. Attaching the leather strips is more difficult, and though you manage it, they seem like they might come off if pulled too hard.
-1 log
-1 leather strip
+1 loose wooden shield

You then move onto gathering mud and trying to form it into a bucket. It won't seem to stay in the shape you make it, though, and you just get pretty dirty.

Likesfighting:

You take some time to check on your shoulder wound. It's already starting to heal nicely, and the pain is lessening.
you no longer suffer any penalties from your medium wound; it can be considered healed

TIME OF DAY:
O############
############
Dawn
~here comes the Sun (do do do do)~
Everyone had a nice, meaty breakfast.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:57:31 pm by Samthere »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Day 2 is Dawning
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2010, 10:11:53 pm »

Fuzz asks Kweed''rik'tik if he can takt the meat and bones out of the eagle.
If Kweed''rik'tik says yes, fuzz will butcher the eagle then give the skin/feathers back.

Fuzz will also try to make some armor from the chitin.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2010, 10:36:25 pm »

How many raptors are there?

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2010, 10:56:21 pm »