Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30861 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - KOBOLDS ARE GO
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2010, 07:37:21 pm »

Just as a note, the camp is a good few hours from your cave. You can hunt on your way back, if you like, or you can make the journey back and then hunt; that'll just delay your actions a while.

Oh, and yeah, hunting will use random rolls to see if anything shows up, sneaker to get a good location unnoticed, and combat skills to make the kill.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:47:56 pm by Samthere »

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2010, 07:37:56 pm »

After getting back to camp, squish one of the berries, and see what kind of juices are inside.

DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2010, 07:39:48 pm »

Stupid won't give you penalties to craft stuff you've seen before, but it'll make it harder for you to have good ideas. Want to go with that?

OK, though i hope we both are imagining the same things when you say good ideas.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2010, 07:40:36 pm »

Just as a note, the camp is a good few hours from your cave. You can hunt on your way back, if you like, or you can make the journey back and then hunt; that'll just delay your actions a while.
i originally intended to hunt on the way back, but since you said that people saw me getting back i changed it.
 i would prefer to hunt before i go back, and just have my arrows i stole
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2010, 07:42:22 pm »

That's fine. The idea was more that people who didn't get actions, or as comprehensive actions before reached you just as you were leaving the camp.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2010, 07:53:48 pm »

Also, you should probably get hastur's help fuzz, or try to borrow his saw, because it would probably be better for cutting down the tree.
If he lets me use the saw, I'll use that instead.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2010, 07:57:19 pm »

Actions posted so far:
Fuzz: cut small trees with the heavy sawrock, dig a garden plot, make a club
Schlakal: hunt, return home
Tiggi: steal from the camp
Nreelrroi: celebrate fishing, help Fuzz cut trees
SmallOne: squeeze berries, find poison berries
Ichi: continued action - go to the forge in town, scout
Ungbuktu: help Fuzz cut trees, make a bucket, collect dangerous bugs

Going to start running this turn in the next 10 minutes or so.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:08:48 pm by Samthere »

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2010, 08:04:06 pm »

After checking contents of berries, go search for more berries, but try to find poisonous ones.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2010, 08:06:25 pm »

I'll help cut trees after getting back and celebrating.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2010, 08:07:12 pm »

Also, you should probably get hastur's help fuzz, or try to borrow his saw, because it would probably be better for cutting down the tree.
If he lets me use the saw, I'll use that instead.

I'll help to saw

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2010, 08:08:10 pm »

Actions as mentioned above - posting to follow!

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2010, 09:18:52 pm »

Sorry, this one took quite a long time. I'll find ways to simplify everything :D

After this update, I'll probably stop describing dice rolls, though I'll probably give indicators if a failure or success seemed very likely to a kobold.

Fuzz:

Fuzz is joined by Ungbuktu and Nreelrroi, and the three of them maneuvered the jagged rock into place with easy. The two males were distracted by the eagerness of the female, however, and she ended up doing most of the work.
+2 logs

In a good mood despite not having accomplished a great deal, Fuzz began to work hard digging up a patch of soil so the ground was nice and loose. While the work was very tiring, the little kobold quickly found techniques to make it easier, and was done in good time.

Finally, he took a solid stick and began carving holes to hold the sharp stones he had found earlier. The stones fit in, but would probably get dislodged by a good impact.
+1 crude mace-stick

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Schlakal:

As you journey back from the camp, you keep a look out for any prey, and spot a troop of six baboons. They have no idea you're anywhere nearby as you get in position and draw back the bowstring.

You fire two arrows into a baboon and kill it before you're even noticed. One of them tries to grab the freshly-dead baboon, but you shoot it in the head with a single bolt. The rest of the troop go screaming away. and you place an arrow into one baboon's rump for good measure before you retrieve your kills.

You trip over the corpses a few times on your way back, but the tribe is still impressed by a job well done. Two of the arrows are hopelessly broken, but one is still in tact.
+2 baboon corpses
-3 shoddy bone arrows

Tiggi:

Like Schlakal before you, you too enter the camp unnoticed. The guards seem a little more alert, however, and the odds are that they've noticed the missing goods. You'll have to be more careful. You spend some time moving around the edge of the camp, just barely avoiding the gaze of several recruits rounding corners. They're patrolling frequently, and there doesn't seem to be an ideal time to move. You take a deep, silent breath and dart across the open area to the tent. You tuck a handful of arrows into your loincloth and grab an item in each hand. Even with all this stuff, you have no problem making it out of there.
+14 wooden arrows
+any two small-medium wooden weapons/bucklers

Nreelrroi:

Everyone was pleased by your catch, and you were elated by being useful to the tribe (and because the chief wouldn't have to eat you now). You decided to keep being useful, and felt like the most useful one of all! Even after the others stopped cutting trees, you kept going because you didn't have much else to do. Despite the weight of the rock, you did a good job of cutting the tree. It started falling sooner than you expected, however, and in your fright you dropped the saw on your foot, bruising it!
+2 logs
very minor wound

SmallOne:

You squeeze some of the food-berries, and, unsurprisingly, delicious berry juice squirts into your eyes. You feel silly and hope nobody saw you.

You head out to find some non-food-berries. Unfortunately, you only manage to find normal food-berries, though you bring back enough for a meal.
+8 berry meals

Ichi:

You make the journey to the town unnoticed, and push yourself to look around at the forge. It's quite scary being this close to the humans, but you keep control of yourself and find out quite a lot about the town's schedule.

You begin the trek back, gathering sticks as you go. You're not disappointed, and find some pretty decent sticks. You're still a ways from the cave, though.
+7 decent sticks

Ungbuktu:

After watching Nreelrroi cut a tree for a while, you wander off and claim a remaining half-log. You carve out the inside and produce a bucket almost as nice as SmallOne's. You decide to fill it with dangerous bugs, and feel clever when you remember a spot you recently found a bee's nest. You rush to the tree and throw rocks at the nest until it falls, and you catch it in your bucket.
+1 sturdy wooden bucket of beehive

The bees, understandably, sting you quite nastily.
very minor wound

TIME OF DAY:
#########O###
############
Mid-afternoon
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:49:58 pm by Samthere »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2010, 09:26:29 pm »

I rest while sadly chatting with SmallOne about the now-devastated tribe's recent past.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2010, 09:37:58 pm »

Fuzz goes out to gather seeds, and plants them.
He then uses the same technique he used to make the club to attach a rock to a stick, strengthening it with cloth ties.
If there's time left, he starts cutting the meat off a baboon with the new hatchet-like weapon.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2010, 09:48:28 pm »

Me return with i baboon's and let fuzzy butcher them, and eat some of the fish. Me requests a bag to be made, for baby snatching if possible. after that me take another 5 arrows and go to the human village south-southwest of the cave and look around, being careful to be unobserved, taking special note of any babies and children.
Me pray to i's stone

Also, you put tigi's actions in a spoiler under my actions

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33