Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30865 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - KOBOLDS ARE GO
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2010, 06:54:48 pm »

Since I'm still working on the roll system, I'll describe in spoilers what happened with the roll and how I made decisions around them. These are as much for my own reference later.

For those interested, the core system is 2d6 +-modifiers, with a target of 7 to pass. Greater passes or failures amplify effects.

Ungbuktu takes the jagged rock and gathers wood to make a bow, arrows and a bucket; then fills it with icky bugs

Ungbuktu struggles with the large rock, barely able to even lift it upon his delicate frame. Nonetheless, he gets it to a small tree of sturdy sticks and, with his whole weight behind him, manages to saw off a low branch. He drags the wood and the rock back to the cave and begins scraping the branch down with a piece of flint. Just as he finishes smoothing down one side, he turns it over and finds a large crack where he must have pushed too hard with the rock.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not in the mood to drag out the large rock again, Ungbuktu looks around for smaller sticks to break off to make into arrows. He comes back with a bundle of them, and sharpens them in a similar way, but much more confidently. Though the sticks were somewhat frail, they are now also very pointy. They'll do their job, but they won't survive more than one shot; that said, there are a fair few.
+30 frail wooden arrows

Ungbuktu is pleased with himself, but decides to take a rest before making a bucket (to bring various character's number of actions in line). He plans to gather icky bugs, but the thought of icky bugs makes him snicker. Who ever ate a bug that was icky?

Ichi will scout out the blacksmith later, but for now he'll sharpen sticks.

Since scouting is usually best done at night, Ichi decides to spend his day gathering sticks. He manages to encounter a particularly terrifying arrangement of sticks (they look like a crocodile), and manages to get lost in his escape. It takes him a good couple of hours to find his way back to the tribe.

I'll take a spear and go fishing at the river.

Nreelrroi takes a fishing spear from the camp and goes over to the river. Standing very still in the water, she waits until she glimpses a fish, then jabs with the spear. After a while, she's caught 3 medium fish, which should feed nearly everyone tonight. She lines them up on the spear and goes back to the tribe full of pride.
+16 fish meals

Kweed'rik'tik stomps around and guards the camp after declaring himself chief.

Kweed'rik'tik is sure he'd make a good chief. The last chief was big and strong too, but he's gone now, and Kweed is left to take his place! Kweed looks about a bit while he stomps around and thinks. He's the next chief, naturally, but who'll be the next elder? In a fit of uncharacteristic cleverness, he decides not to bring it up until somebody else does.

I cut up some of the log to make something bucket-like. Then follow Nreelrroi to the river, and fill it with water.

SmallOne finds a weak point on the log and splits it in half by placing a sharp rock on the middle and jumping on it. He then scrapes out the insides and creates a genuinely nice wooden bucket, which will surely be the envy of other crafters in the tribe.
+1 sturdy wooden bucket

He then makes his way to the river. Water soaks through the bucket, but pretty slowly. You soak the bucket fully and then fill it with water. It's fairy heavy, now.

I look for rocks, preferably sharp.

Fuzz disappears from the cave for a couple of hours, but returns with his arms laden with excellently sharp rocks, as many as his small frame can carry.
+8 very sharp rocks

Sneak to militia training camp, and spy on them, steal dem arrows and bows when they not looking, they never see me coming with the power of my magic stone

Schlakal, a natural born sneaker, has no problem remaining hidden from the rookie soldiers. Watching their patrols for a while, he thinks he understands their pattern and makes a dash for it. He seems to have got the pattern wrong, though, and darts out right in front of a pair of recruits who are chatting as they stroll. Luckily enough, they don't seem to be paying attention. A little surprised, but none the worse for the wear, he grabs some nearby equipment and gets out of there.
+1 shoddy bone bow
+8 shoddy bone arrows

TIME OF DAY:
######O######
############
About noon.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:12:48 pm by Samthere »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2010, 06:57:16 pm »

Oh no!  Tiggi overslept and missed out on all the fun!  She quickly tries to catch up with Schlakal and find out if she can be any help steeling shiny stuff or carrying it back.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2010, 06:59:35 pm »

Tiggi will spot Schlakal a safe distance from the training camp, he'll be carrying the equipment he stole. Feel free to post another action from that point on!

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2010, 07:02:54 pm »

(dammit im too weak to even use my skills properly, can i change my stats? I thought kobolds were strong enough to pick things up. i probably cant throw things for damage either.)

*Ungbuktu gives the arrows to the guy with an actual bow. and eats some grass yum.

After eating the grass Ungbuktu will prioritize a bucket, and then filling it with dangerous bugs to hurl at people.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2010, 07:03:41 pm »

Seeing Schlakal's success, Tiggi asks him where he got the cool sharp stuff and rushes over to the same place to try her luck.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2010, 07:04:55 pm »

If I can, carry the bucket back to camp.
If it's too heavy, drink or spill the contents until it's light enough.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2010, 07:06:13 pm »

Nreelrroi returns to the camp, proudly and excitedly displaying her catch. "Nree-nree fish good, see!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2010, 07:07:30 pm »

It's not that you're too weak, it's that the jagged rock is like a large saw, but an unrefined rock, so it has a lot of excess baggage. It'd be much easier to use with two kobolds, even weaker ones, and under those circumstances it'd give a bonus to harvesting instead.

Also, you can all get back to camp without a problem, so you can continue to post other actions now :D

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2010, 07:08:49 pm »

me decides to go hunting with i's excellent bone bow and 10 arrows, (4 bone, 6 wood), if me run into anything too dangerous me'll run back to camp even if me don't get anything instead of trying to kill something dangerous (eg giant eagle or crocodile, anything undead), if i's has time when i's gets back me'll eat a fish
Wow that was scaries, but even though they looked right at i, they didn't detect i due to the magic powers of i's magic stone

EDIT:For clarification i leave the other arrows at camp so i don't have to carry them all
DOUBLE EDIT: and because i don't feel like posting, what skills does hunting use? (probably sneaking+bow/throwing+gathering right)?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:32:25 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2010, 07:09:18 pm »

I go try to steal some equipment from the camp.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2010, 07:14:55 pm »

Edited the post above about you guys still being able to post actions after travelling in from the river.
For those robbing the camp, any particular kinds of equipment/sneaky techniques or just whatever you get?
Hastur, if you're unhappy with your kobold you can still change it around.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2010, 07:16:51 pm »

Fuzz will use the sharp rocks to cut down small trees, and dig up a garden plot.
If there is time left, he will make holes in a large stick, so he can fit the rocks in to make a club.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2010, 07:25:49 pm »

(ok i'd like to change from -1 brawn to -1 buddyness and my flaw puny to the flaw stupid unless stupid gives me penalties to crafting stuff)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2010, 07:27:36 pm »

Stupid won't give you penalties to craft stuff you've seen before, but it'll make it harder for you to have good ideas. Want to go with that?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2010, 07:33:55 pm »

For clarification i leave the other arrows at camp so i don't have to carry them all
what skills does hunting use? (probably sneaking+bow/throwing+gathering right?)
also, you should probably get hastur's help fuzz, or try to borrow his saw, because it would probably be better for cutting down the tree.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33