Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30784 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Life in an Uncanny Valley
« Reply #450 on: January 13, 2011, 12:10:16 pm »

Hey, if there's too much of a workload, start killing off characters by throwing dangerous situations at us.

The upcoming caravan into the unknown should work nicely.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Life in an Uncanny Valley
« Reply #451 on: January 13, 2011, 10:56:48 pm »

It lives!

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Preparing for the Journey
« Reply #452 on: January 14, 2011, 12:42:16 pm »

Fuzz:

The troll's spine and ribs makes a fearsome front for the cart. You spend over an hour laying bones and examining your work, trying to think of different ways to assemble the cart. Once you're happy with your design, you get to work. You get Mahtkii to hold bones in place as you nail them together onto the skis. Then you line the sides with troll leather, wet side out so it'll dry as you journey. For good measure, you jam the troll's skull onto the spine at the front of the cart. It is truly a terrifying creation.
-8 huge troll bones
-14 iron nails
-6 units drying troll skin
-2 adequate sled skis
-1 huge troll skull
+1 trolldoom ski cart

-you are at the kobold cave-

Mahtkii:

After helping Fuzz with assembling the cart frame, you start laying your big sticks along its bottom, making a solid base so stuff won't fall out. Once you're done with that, you add axels for wheels. There's no suitable material nearby to make the wheels with - you'd need sections cut out from logs, or some big round stones, but at least they'd be easy to add now.
-10 big sticks
-8 iron nails

Ungbuktu, Kweed''rik'tik and Nreelrroi:

Together you venture out into the wilderness, seeking a beast to help you with your journey. Six viper men are in a clearing; Kweed stands on edge and Ungbuktu snarls at them, but Nreelrroi keeps them pacified and they allow you to pass without attacking you.

A while later, deeper into the forest, you come upon a grizzly bear foraging. It notices you and stands up on its hind legs. Nreelrroi approaches it softly to calm it, and Kweed keeps his cool and stays still. When the bear grunts, however, Ungbuktu decides that the bear needs to know its place and tosses a jarate at it. It shatters on the bear's snout, showering the creature with unpleasantness. Just as Ungbuktu announces that the creature has been shown who is the boss, it drops to all fours and charges. Nreelrroi tumbles back in fear. As she gets up, Kweed leaps into motion, but the bear reaches Nreelrroi, and swipes at her, cutting a deep gash into her leg that spurts blood. Kweed brings his club across and smacks the bear in the cheek, who steps back, slightly dazed. Ungbuktu rushes over to help Nree, and Kweed puts himself between Nree and the bear, raising his weapons and roaring ferociously. The bear doesn't seem too keen on fighting, and it grunts apologetically before turning and escaping.

Ungbuktu does his best to stop Nreelrroi's bleeding before Kweed carries her back to the camp.
Unbuktu: -1 clay jarate
Nreelrroi: serious leg wound.

-you are all at the kobold cave-

Likesfighting:

Continuing your training routine, you don't feel any sharper with your movements, but your spears are hitting their targets more often.
Likesfighting has gained a level in thrower!

Kiyl-Kiyl:

You gather sticks from around you and combine them with the recently-made wicker fabric, resulting in a crooked, but sturdy, draggable cart/basket.
-3 units wicker fabric
+1 crooked cart basket

Tiggi:

Having had fun with things in glass bottles, you decide to make some more fun juice. You combine worms and berries and water in a bottle, but it tastes very plain, like water with a hint of worm and berry. You empty the bottle and start again, mashing up the worms and berries before mixing them with water. This time the flavour is much more thorough, like a meal in liquid form. You mix up another bottle of it and let them sit.
-2 berry and bug meals
-2 empty glass bottle
+2 kobold nutrient drinks

B'lyk:

You trap the cage with a simple mechanism and bait it with some bugs, taking some extra with you as you venture back to the meadow.
-1 bug meal

The feathery jerks disappear again when you enter the meadow, but reappear when you've left the cage in the meadow. One of the birds hops right into the trap, and you watch with anticipation as it approaches the bait. It steps on the trigger, eats the bait and walks out.

You rush back in to check the cage. Sticking your hand in, the trigger sets off and the door slams down upon it painfully. You hear the birds' laughing-song. Nothing's wrong with the trap, perhaps it just isn't sensitive enough. You fix that and put the trap back before retreating.

Again, a bird walks merrily in. It sets off the trap and the cage door slams down, but before you can get to it it reaches out its leg and opens the cage.

Furiously, you set the trap again, trying to make it harder to open. This time, six of the birsd all go in at once, ignoring the food. They hop about the trigger and sing and laugh at you.

You give up on the trap and leap towards the cage. The birds escape in a flurry of feathers, but one doesn't make it out before you've got an arm over the door. It pecks at your fingers as you try to secure the trap, but after a battle, you trying to secure the door and it pecking at you, you seal it in.

Finally, you proudly walk out of the meadow, bird in cage. The bird looks thoroughly unimpressed, while the other ones laugh at it.
+1 sparkling meadow bird

Rjien:

Northwards you go, into the mountains. The plants are sparse and the ground rocky. After a while you encounter an injured, limping elk, its rear leg made up of withered and flaking flesh. You leave it and continue on. A while later, a sudden shower starts under a bright Sun. The rain is heavy and sharp, so you take cover under an overhanging rock. A resident skunk seems quite insulted by your intrusion and chases you away with a quick spray. The rain stopping as quickly as it started, you begin to head back towards the camp. The elk is only a short way from where you encountered it, though it is lying on the ground now, struggling to breathe. The withering has extended over the whole of its rear. A snake slithers away from under the elk's head as you approach. You're not sure what's happened to the elk, but it doesn't look good. You plough your claws through its head and return to the cave.

Schlakal:

As you leave the camp, a big, buzzy beetle flits about your head. You watch it for a moment and then grab at it. A wonderful snack to start your journey! Through the forest you go, avoiding a few sounds of larger creatures you hear. The wind howls spookily through the trees but you go bravely on. Eventually you reach the river, where you see a human drifting along on a raft. In order not to be seen, you dive back into the forest, coming upon a wagon tipped on its side. The wood on the ground has started to rot, but the rest of it is in decent condition. You poke your head into the wagon and see that it contains a small drum, a heavy crossbow (without bolts) and a box of candles. In an upper corner a group of wasps have made a nest.

-you are South of the kobold cave, across the river from the training camp-

Ichi:

Your search for reeds is unfruitful, but you do strike it lucky looking for healing herbs. You don't just find small, isolated clumbs of herbs, you find three larger, less common plants. They'll take more to turn into healing items than herbs, but are apparently more potent. One at a time, you dig at their bases with your hands, uproot them and carefully carry them back to the camp.
+3 unprocessed healing herb plants

Umg'lux:

You went out and caught a pelican.
+1 wild, ornery pelican

TIME OF DAY:
###O#########
############
Mid-Morning
~the Sun climbs the greyish sky~
The baby wants attention!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:33:54 am by Samthere »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 14, 2011, 01:17:11 pm »

Nreelrroi will doodle picture begging the spirits for good luck on the trip, will tie picture to bunny and release him to deliver it after a tearful goodbye. Me wait around for medical treatment. If walking still difficult when time to leave, ride cart. During journey feed baby and try to teach it some Kobold words. If I can talk they group into stopping for a bit near some water, bathe him.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:35:50 pm by Weirdsound »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 14, 2011, 01:30:42 pm »

Kweed dumps Nree-Nree unceremoniously on the ground, grabs a light snack, the starts packing the Trolldoom Ski cart for the trip! (after we put wheels on, if thats happening)

(great name btw)

Stupid nree-nree get leg hurt! Some smarty kobold need make em better! I not carrying nlreereo all the way to new camp!
Nreelo only not be tasty bear snack for of Kweed being so strongest and fastest. *flex*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 14, 2011, 04:07:44 pm »

Mahtkii will pack as much stuff as his puny arms can carry into the cart, and tie the cartbasket to the rear axle of the cart. If there is time, he will gather more materials to make more wicker fabric.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 14, 2011, 09:58:39 pm »

Fuzz will help set up the cart, wrapping the unused weapons in skins to keep anyone from getting hurt.
Then, Fuzz will pack his own backpack with assorted crafting things (vine, needles, nails, etc.)
If nobody nas taken care of Nreelrroi, Fuzz will attempt to clean and seal the wound. If they have, Fuzz will bring Nreelrroi water, then go back to packing.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 15, 2011, 01:37:38 am »

LF will think about the attack patterns various enemies have and develop counter-moves
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 03:11:28 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 15, 2011, 02:12:57 pm »

Me wonders what happened when me did things

((as in, i didn't see the result of my actions, quoted below for reference))

Me help to pack supplies for journey. Me also try to catch live burd.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 15, 2011, 10:39:18 pm »

Oh dear, sorry. Missed that one. I'll write it in soon - a few rolls of the dice say you definitely got something, I just don't know exactly what yet or how it happened. :D

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 15, 2011, 10:50:35 pm »

I'll celebrate and then attempt to bend the bird to my will.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 15, 2011, 11:56:10 pm »

Kiyl-Kiyl will load up all his new crafting tools on the basket/cart, not wanting to loose the shiny tools again. After that he will consult his lucky rock on what else to pack up.
Also, yays the game is not dead!
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 17, 2011, 07:52:51 pm »

I help with the packing and give the baby the attention it needs.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 18, 2011, 07:45:50 pm »

As I mentioned a bit ago I'm now entering a series of exams; I've been studying quite hard (even to the exclusion of games and stuff) and this'll go on for just over a week more - just letting you know that during that time this thing will sit quietly but will not be dead.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 18, 2011, 08:06:27 pm »

The fact we still have so many players is a good sign.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33