Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30790 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - THEY BE TROLLIN'!
« Reply #405 on: December 09, 2010, 10:55:55 pm »

Sorry for how long this turn is taking. I've started rolling and scripting; tomorrow is super busy for me though, so I might not write it up for a little while.

No problem at all!  :D I can only imagine how long it takes to get the whole update rolled and put together.

I'm having a lot of fun following along with this thread! Can't wait to see what happens next.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - THEY BE TROLLIN'!
« Reply #406 on: December 09, 2010, 11:08:12 pm »

I'm drunk and stuff so Tiggi needs to figure out what to do without my help right now.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Life in an Uncanny Valley
« Reply #407 on: December 12, 2010, 10:55:33 pm »

Kurtulmak:

The beak dog is much more energetic after having rested. You lead it out into the woods, your eyes scanning the ground for specific leaves and flowers. You carefully identify the finest specimens of particular plants - some itchy, some soothing, others succulently scented - and load up an arm. You take them back to the camp, mashing together a frilly fern with the seeds from the centre of a red flower.
+healing herbs (6 uses)

You go to Ichi, who has been tending to the others wounded in the camp. You remove the bandage from his head and spread about some of the healing herb before sending him on his way. Then you see to Schlakal, whose legs Ichi had been inspecting. Your healing herb goes there, too, and finally on Likesfighting's arm. Within the hour, they're all feeling noticably better.
-healing herbs (3 uses)
Ichi: head wound has healed.
Schlakal: leg wound is now minor.
Likesfighting: arm wound is slightly better.

-you are at the kobold cave-

Likesfighting:

You rest and relax, watching Umg'lux and the birds he so admires. At first they dart around the sky so quickly that you can't get a good look at them, but after a while you start to see more clearly the shock of orange feathers cutting through the red on their bellies, and the yellow tips on their wings.

Your relaxation is interrupted by Kurtulmak, who carefully spreads something or other on your arm. You grimace and ignore the pain as he touches the wound; then he leaves you to your observations.

A while later, Fuzz comes along with a few sticks. You grit your teeth, ready for the pain as he makes you a new splint, but it doesn't come nearly as sharply. Kurtulmak must have done something good!
Your arm wound is slightly better.
Your arm wound is splinted, holding it in place and protecting it somewhat as you do physical activities.

Fuzz:

Taking exceptional care, you approach the troll, prodding it to make sure it really is dead. Once you're satisfied with your findings, you begin to cut up the troll. The corpse is gigantic, many times your own size, and it takes you a long time to figure out where to start. Once you've done that, it takes you a while to find a tool that cuts through the thick hide well enough. Then there's the sheer size and weight of the body parts - when you first cut a section away from the rest of the corpse, you have to enlist the help of any nearby kobolds to move them. It's a new, and somewhat confusing, task, but you maintain your concentration and, eventually, separate the troll's body parts. The meat isn't the most appetising you've ever come across, but it'll definitely fill a belly or fifteen.
-1 troll corpse
+13 units raw troll skin
+39 troll meals
+21 huge troll bones
+1 huge troll skull
+2 huge troll tusks

With that daunting task aside, you gather a few decent sticks that might make an acceptable splint for Likesfighting. You bring them back to him and steady his arm.

Kiyl-Kiyl:

You search around for the best stones you can find, venturing as far as you dare from the camp as you think will allow you to find your way back. As you find suitable rocks, you laboriously drag them back to the camp. They're bigger than the camp's jagged rock, but they don't have the teeth, or quite as sharp edges. With enough time and a few expendable rocks, they could be cut to resemble the woodcutting rock.
+2 large, edged rocks
+5 sharp stones

Umg'lux:

You run about underneath a flock of red-bellied birds, darting about to feed on a swarm of insects far above. You twist and turn with them, trying to figure out how they fly. Flapping your arms and waving your special stick, you try to imitate them - and you manage to jump really quite high one time. Satisfied with your progress, you move onto something else.

You rush and grab the first stick you can find, returning with it and grabbing the dire baboon skull. You combine the two items with the ground, and scratch all manner of lovely swirls and shapes into the baboon's skull. Grum'tuck takes a while to wake up, but when he does he agrees to bless the totem later.
-1 dire baboon skull
+1 intricately carved dire baboon skull totem

Mahtkii:

You spend several hours gathering wood. With your smaller frame, you're not able to effectively cut down trees for yourself or move large fallen logs, so you have to keep a lookout for snapped branches. Still, you find a good number, and through a combination of hard work and good fortune, you haul back enough wood to make a serious start on a proper cart.
+14 big sticks

B'ylk:

Not far from the cave, you discover a pleasant meadow, lively with birdsong. The birds hop about the flowery grass, pecking at tiny, tasty things. That is, until you sneakily set foot in the area, when they all immediately jump into the air and vacate the area. Baffled by how easily they noticed you, you spend some time moving into and out of the meadow. Indeed, as soon as you take your foot off the grass and onto the leaf litter of the surrounding forest, the birds return. You never catch them looking at you directly, but they all seem to be playing a game with you. No matter the manner in which you enter the meadow, nor whether you've left your cage behind, affects their dispersal. Eventually you give up, thoroughly confused and feeling like you've been messed around with, and head back to the camp.

Schlakal:

A short ways out of the camp, you begin to gather berries. The berries are rich on a select few bushes, and the trail leads you deeper into the forest. After spending a while picking them and following the trail, you begin to feel like you can see the trees moving in the corners of your eyes. Whenever you look at them, though, they're utterly still. The first few times it happens you ignore it, but as it continues you feel increasingly uneasy, finally taking the berries you've got and returning to the camp.
+12 berry meals

When you return, Ichi spends a while taking care of your legs. When Kurtulmak returns, he puts a kind of ointment on them, and they begin to feel better after a short while.
Your leg wound is now minor.

Rjien and Kweed''rik'tik:

The two of you head out to venture into the hills over the river. You see no unusual wildlife and avoid being attacked by anything. After an hour's travel, the quality of the surroundings changes. The trees here, are not dense, but are usually very healthy (according to what Kweed has been told). At this point, however, the trees are grey and lifeless, their wood brittle and splintering, though their leaves are still a rich green. For about five minutes you walk uncertainly through the dead region before it subsides into the woodless hilly area.

Not sure of what to make of this discovery, and with no obvious source of the badness to smash or slice, you start heading back to the camp. The journey back is much quieter. In fact, as you near the river you're about to cross, Rjien points out to Kweed that they've seen no other creatures during the entire return journey.

As you step onto the banks back on the cave's side of the river, there's a plonk in the water behind you. You both spin around and briefly catch a glimpse of a very large silhouette move into a deeper section of the water and fade away.

Tiggi:

You come across the bottles of fun juice and honey. You sniff, then taste the fun juice, which is at first sharp and unpleasant, but leaves a fruity aftertaste. Curiously, you taste it again. You decide to mix them together, swigging alternately from the bottles, and coming up with your own mix of kobold fruit mead.

After drinking about half of each bottle you start to rush about the camp, getting in the way of as many kobolds as possible and laughing hysterically. Eventually you tire of this and polish off the remainder of the two bottles.
-1/2 bottle of waxy honey
-1 bottle of fun juice
+2 empty glass bottles

Your memory of the past two hours or so is hazy, but you don't worry too much about that, instead holding the giggling human baby to your shoulder and swaying side to side while turning in slow circles.

Ichi:

Since Schlakal has gone out to gather food, you begin packing stuff into bags straight away. Eventually he returns, looking a little shaken but saying nothing happened. You put aside your packing and take a look at his legs.

A short time later, Kurtulmak returns from the forest with some mix of healing herbs, applying them both to your head and, with your assistance, to Schlakal's legs. By the time the Sun has risen, the headache that has bothered you for the last day or so is gone completely.
Your head wound has healed.
Schlakal: leg wound is now minor.

Grum'tuck:

Slowly but with dignity, you march off into the woods to look for herbs that will enable you to perform various mystic rituals for all sorts of purposes. It goes well for a while, with you finding a great variety of plants useful for just the kinds of things a shaman should do.
+mystical herbs (2 uses)

With one sniff of a particularly aromatic flower, you realise you've come across a plant you've only encountered once or twice before, the pollen of which has the property of making you exceptionally sleepy. You manage to stay awake long enough to make it back to the camp, and then drop off to sleep.

You're awoken by Umg'lux asking you to do something or other. You tell him you'll do it later and work on shaking off your drowsiness.

Ungbuktu:

Before you set to work on another ski for the sled, you fill up a jar. Then you haul the last log in the camp away from your pit trap and begin cutting it and smoothing it into another ski. Working hard, and drinking a lot of water, you fill up several more jars by the time you're finished. The two skis make a great pair.
-1 log from pit trap
-4 clay jars
+1 adequate sled ski
+4 clay jarates

TIME OF DAY:
)############
############(
Dawn
~the Sun takes over from the Moon~

Nreelrroi, having been uncommunicative since the zombie fight and SmallOne's death, at last emerges from the cave, holding her companion bunny.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 12, 2010, 11:06:06 pm »

Fuzz has a good idea! Using the troll bones, nails, and leather, he makes a large cart frame to fit on the skis.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 12, 2010, 11:10:36 pm »

Mahtkii was about to set upon the task of making the cart, but Fuzz seems to have beaten him to it. So, instead, he hauls his sticks over to Fuzz and begins helping him. If there is time/wood left, Mahtkii will work on making wheels for the back of the cart.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 12, 2010, 11:50:59 pm »

I'll take on Nreelrroi until my Character shows up or her player returns. If nobody has any objections her action shall be...

Nreelrroi grab some meat and some berries for bait, go out and and find big animal and bring it back to camp to help carry stuff for the move. She be very grateful if somebody come with her to help her find big animal, protect her, or teach her to find eatable berries on the way back. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 12:14:10 am by Weirdsound »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 13, 2010, 01:48:49 am »

Train
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 13, 2010, 01:53:32 am »

Ungbuktu will take his jarate and accompany the next person going out on their wacky adventures. maybe take a bashing weapon too, and a rock or two to throw.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 13, 2010, 10:39:44 am »

Kweed protect Nree Nree! Kweed good chief protector! Kweed remember how to find good berries...

Kweed travels with Nreelrroi for defense, finding berries (he remember gathering them before), and helps her haul things. Since Ungbuktu has volunteered to go along with anyone, I grab him and drag him along.

OOC: Also, if *ANYONE* is against the proposed tribe move, state your opposition please! Lets assume by default, everyone already agrees unless they say otherwise. :)

Assuming no problems-majority rules!- I'm scheduling the move for this turn. Or whenever the sled is ready to go...can someone watch Mahtkii makes wheels and make a spare or two in case one breaks? lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 13, 2010, 11:23:05 am »

OOC: Also, if *ANYONE* is against the proposed tribe move, state your opposition please! Lets assume by default, everyone already agrees unless they say otherwise. :)

Assuming no problems-majority rules!- I'm scheduling the move for this turn. Or whenever the sled is ready to go...can someone watch Mahtkii makes wheels and make a spare or two in case one breaks? lol

I have no objection to the move as is, however I would feel much better if we had a specific site in mind before we make everyone pack up and travel. How about we take our little hunting/gathering trip in the direction of the move, keeping an eye out for prime real estate? I'd hate to have the whole camp pack up and travel without find a usable cave/abondoned structure/clearing/ect to live in. Perhaps if we find a spot one of us can stay behind and start prepping it. Ungbuktu has harvesting and crafting skill so perhaps that can be his job? If he agrees we should borrow the shovel for digging and our meager cloth/leather supply for setting up sleeping areas and other stuff.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 13, 2010, 11:51:21 am »

Well, the trip is gonna take awhile.

If you want to scout out, go ahead. Our group is heading toward the river between the farm and the big water, and looking for a spot along the banks. Your free to leave ahead of us and scout out an area, convincing anyone else to go with you. I would suggest you carve arrow marks on trees to guide us a safe route. If you get lost, we'll meet you tomorrow morning where the river forks 3 ways.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 13, 2010, 12:56:18 pm »

Nreelrroi has enough pacification skill and cuteness to stay out of trouble... I hope. We have a deal. To expand on the previously explained action...

Nreelrroi will travel with Kweed and Ungbuktu in attempt to convince a pack animal to follow them back to camp. She will then scout foward on her own, searching for a suitable site in the area where a new camp can be set up. She will take a Mantis Man Knife to mark a trail and some food to keep her running and to pacify animals. She asks Mahtkii to lend her the shovel to help dig out sleepy holes at the new camp and to look after the bunny while she is gone.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 13, 2010, 01:15:31 pm »

Wait! Here's a better idea. Use the CHALK from the map to mark us a safe route on rocks and trees, instead of a knife. That way no one can follow us from the old camp to the new one, because we'll erase the arrows as we pass them.

Brilliant!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 13, 2010, 01:25:47 pm »

Mahtkii is not currently using the shovel, so he doesn't mind if anyone else uses it. As for the bunny, well, he'll do his best to take care of it, but the majority of his attention will be on the wagon/sled.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 13, 2010, 01:55:16 pm »

Eh. I'll only start marking from the point at which I split off from you not from the cave.  Better safe than sorry though, so Nreelrroi will use chalk instead of a Knife. She puts some vines and cloth in her sack so that the group can rig up a lead and or harness for whatever new friend they make.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33