Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30792 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - THEY BE TROLLIN'!
« Reply #375 on: December 07, 2010, 07:56:28 pm »

OOC: Well, I was mainly suggesting moving for some reasons

-We recently suffered an undead attack, which I believe is not a singular incident. Zombism is usually infectious. :(
-We've stolen many things, including a horse and a baby. The longer we stay in one place is more likely they figure we come from around this area, and then..poof.
-The area I was thinking of moving to has ample river and perhaps lake/ocean access. We can go boating!
-It's fun to do illogical things! Keeps the game from getting boring.

Lemon10: I was voting for halfway between the Human Farm and the Large Water.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 07, 2010, 08:29:46 pm »

I honestly don't think that's far enough. I mean, sure, it may seem like a long way now, but how far would the zombies have already spread by now? Maybe we should go all the way to the big water. Maybe that's not far enough.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 07, 2010, 08:49:34 pm »

It should be good enough for now. We can move further if we have too-especially if we find or make a way to escape across the river in case of danger- as I expect the humans will be able to incidently shield us as long as we are between them and the zombs.

We still need to be close to the Human city to properly steal from them, you know!

Also, umm...BOATS! *waves hands*

If you have any specific ideas MaximumZero, put them forward for discussion! I'm only trying to keep things from getting stale-why should Samthere provide all the plot twists? :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 07, 2010, 08:55:10 pm »

Well, I would actually suggest going south along the river (we can follow it, and perhaps the underbrush won't be too much for the pony,) and then head west, away from the "big water" so that we don't get trapped if we have to run again.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 07, 2010, 08:57:56 pm »

*Ungbuktu wakes up from facedown in the dirt*

"HIYA guys, what i miss?" new peoples?

Ungbuktu attempts to make another sled, (we might need more than one) and then collects his clay jars and fills them with urine.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 07, 2010, 09:04:04 pm »

I may be wrong, but in the DF universe, zombieism isn't really infectious, and given how our fight vs 7 zombies went, we could probably face like 20 without much trouble.

They won't be able to figure out where we came from, because to the best of my knowledge (although i am probably wrong and missed it), not even a single person has yet to even see a kobold, and even if they had (and saw which way we were going), i don't think they would be able to track us without some problems.

But i vote to move away from the large water, so that we will have more things in range. If we move closer to the water, then a large part of the screen woudl be covered by it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 07, 2010, 09:12:54 pm »

I'm not worried about being tracked, I'm worried about walking into a town of hundreds or a couple thousand that have been turned. 7 is fine, for the warriors, but not all of us are warriors. I'm certainly not. (Man, that feels weird to say.)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 07, 2010, 09:19:33 pm »

If we walked into a town full of zombies, then we would notice, and run away, and we aren't moving far enough to stop us from running into zombies if the area gets overrun with them.
Also, even if the zombies saw us, we run much faster.
And in the fight vs 7 zombies 10(?) of us only had two pretty insignificant wounds. With 15 of us, i suspect that we could pretty easily kill 10 zombies without getting hurt much, 20 and get hurt a fair bit, and probably even 30 although we might get a few deaths.

and as before, DF zombies aren't infectious.

But whatever, lets move to mix it up.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 07, 2010, 09:24:04 pm »

A Kobold to Be here offering his worthless two cents: Near the shores of the Big Water would be awesome. Lots of fishing and the potential for a Kobold Navy sounds like a recipie for fun and/or FUN. Plus if you settle real close to the shore explorers can explore the coastline with little risk of getting lost. We can perhaps find fresh and unmolested civilizations to 'borrow' from this way. Also Fuzz shouldn't forget to collect the blue blood of the troll to use as dye and/or warpaint. It would be totally unhygienic and koboldish.

Just don't all die before I get a chance to spawn :p

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 07, 2010, 09:24:57 pm »

Could I sign up for wave two?

EDIT

Also, There should be a trap/artist skill =/ Id love to be a trapmaker or map-drawer
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:27:13 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 07, 2010, 09:44:11 pm »

I think Trap making is possible with the current skills available. Crafter would most likely be crafter to make the spikey bits, harvester to dig the pit, and crafter again to cover the thing up with leaves and bait it. I don't think Kobold society has advanced enough to make fancy dwarven mechanism traps.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 07, 2010, 09:49:41 pm »

Oh, Im not talking lava moats. Im talking cages with open lids covered by leaves

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 07, 2010, 09:59:47 pm »

From what I have read so far all you need is enough Buddieness to catch rampaging raptor things alive. But if you realy wanted one in a cage it would most likely be harvesting to fell a tree, crafting to make a cage, harvesting to dig a hole, and crafting or something to put the leaves on.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 07, 2010, 10:00:52 pm »

Harvesting, Crafting and intelligence. That works.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 07, 2010, 10:09:11 pm »

I'd pick brawn as my positive attribute if I wanted to haul around trees and cages. That said the first or second post says the rules for character creation might change for each wave, so you might find a helpful perk or something that plays to your needs. Armok Toady Samthere willing we get some sweet perks, roflishous flaws, and high stats to play with.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:56:06 pm by Weirdsound »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33