Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30801 times)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Introducing... more Kobolds?
« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2010, 03:06:13 pm »

B'lyk will meet with the kobold who knows the area best and ask him about any other tribes or human towns nearby. He will then go scout the closest one.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 01, 2010, 03:28:30 pm »

Mahtkii looks about the site for materials to work with, and comes across the jagged wood-chopping stone. He immediately begins fashioning a wooden handle (with his knife) and some straps for it, to turn it into a more efficient axe, as well as a grinding stone to sharpen it to a cleaner edge.

If time allows, Mahtkii will chat with other craftsbolds, as well as Kweed and Grum'tuck to figure out what else the tribe needs or wants.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 01, 2010, 05:00:43 pm »

B'lyk will meet with the kobold who knows the area best and ask him about any other tribes or human towns nearby. He will then go scout the closest one.

Overhearing B'lyks plan, Tiggi offers to take him to the town.  She warns him that it seems like the trip gets more dangerous every time they go back and he should be prepared for trouble.  Then she wonders aloud if that's where the walking dead people came from.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 01, 2010, 08:00:44 pm »

Can I get someone to check on my wound btw? Thankee :3

Kweed offers to spar (practice fight, no beatings intentionally) with any Kobold who dares, to show his mightee strongth.
If none agrees, he rests his wound.

"Sparring you be easy, not even practice to me. Me best warrior, you just big chief. Me can take you no problem."

I accepts Kweed's practice spar.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 01, 2010, 08:06:12 pm »

me rest and attempt to tend to my wounds
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 01, 2010, 08:16:25 pm »

So, the question is, are we going to move now?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 01, 2010, 10:23:00 pm »

Overhearing B'lyks plan, Tiggi offers to take him to the town.  She warns him that it seems like the trip gets more dangerous every time they go back and he should be prepared for trouble.  Then she wonders aloud if that's where the walking dead people came from.

Kiyl-Kiyl offers to go with them then, as he wants to know where the good stuff is, and he needs a guide anyway, with his luck with going places.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 01, 2010, 11:13:09 pm »

I join in on the three way spar
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 02, 2010, 08:42:08 pm »

So kinda how is the three-way spar gonna work? :D
Gonna take it in turns to one-on-one or do some kinda crazy free-for-all or what?

Mahtkii looks about the site for materials to work with, and comes across the jagged wood-chopping stone. He immediately begins fashioning a wooden handle (with his knife) and some straps for it, to turn it into a more efficient axe, as well as a grinding stone to sharpen it to a cleaner edge.

The stone is essentially a really thick, fairly long saw, more than an axe. You can still give it a handle, but I didn't know if that information would make you change your mind. Your call.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 08:47:20 pm by Samthere »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 02, 2010, 10:00:30 pm »

Ah, thanks for clarifying that.

Mahtkii starts to make a harness to hook the sled to the pony. If there is any remaining time, he will look for plants to weave into some generic cloth for later use.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2010, 10:17:35 pm »

Um'glux looks for a good place to sleep..

"zzz... wassat? me not sleeping! me looking for bed!"
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2010, 01:47:36 am »

(My crafting skills are available to whomever wants them untill I post again. Ive got some stuff to do for a while this week.)

love
-Ungbuktu :D

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2010, 02:01:23 am »

Me thinky we need more food if we is going to be haveing more friendss. I will take my Beakdog out hunting, lets hope we get something good!

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Scorpions, Angry Apes, Death!
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2010, 02:35:13 pm »

Kweed''rik'tik:

Grum'tuck takes a look under your bandage. Under his instruction, you fetch specific herbs. You return with them and he nods approvingly, before telling you to pull off certain leaves and leave others. Then he takes the plants from you, shakes his stick over them, and puts them against your wound under your bandage. At first it stings, but then it soothes you.
Your chest wound is now only minor.

Feeling fresh, you invite kobolds to spar. You are joined by
Rjien and Likesfighting:

The three of you take it in turns to fight one-on-one, careful not to harm each other. Nonetheless, the sparring is intense. Kweed gives a roughly average performance, blocking well and striking hard, but still taking his share of hits. Likesfighting is clearly impaired by his wounded arm, unable to block effectively and having to take hits he could usually dodge so as not to overdo it, but nevertheless he keeps training. Rjien, despite her lack of obvious strength or weapon, impresses the other two kobolds with her lightning-fast moves and razor-sharp claws, more than once catching each of them off-guard. You fight for a good hour, only stopping when you get word of the death. By then, all three of you are sporting tiny scratches and bruises, and none of you care.
Likesfighting has gained a level in dodger!

-you are all at the kobold cave-

Fuzz:

You take the beehive and the bottle, but as you try to reach the honey, you accidentally tear apart the hive. The various pieces fall on the ground and the honey leaks away, but you salvage what you can. The hive even still has a few tasty grubs inside!
-1 beehive sans bees
-1 empty glass bottle
+1/2 glass bottle of waxy honey
+1 bug meal

Ungbutku comes over to help you make your backpack, but a sudden coughing fit forces him to lie down. In a very similar way to how you made the saddlebag, you make a leather backpack, adding straps at the end.
-1 unit baboon leather
-1 set of undergarments
+1 leather pack

You head into the forest to gather vines. You gather lots of small, strong ones, knowing that you can make something stronger by combining them. You return to the camp, finding it quiet and solemn.
+5m rope worth of unwoven thin vines
Fuzz has gained a level in gatherer!

-you are at the kobold cave-

Grum'tuck:

You check out Kweed's wound, then glance about and instruct him to fetch a plant of a very specific description. He comes back with it and together you make a poultice to place under his bandage.

You ask who has knowledge of fixing here, and end up speaking to Ichi about who in the tribe is injured. Together you immediately tend to Schlakal, who just fortunately returned recently from an unfortunate meeting with viper men. You tend to the scratches and cuts on him and

Likesfighting is busy sparring, and as far as you can tell from what Ichi says, his arm was treated very well. Ichi himself has a head wound, but has already consumed a herbal concoction for it.

You hear about SmallOne's condition - it sounds exactly like the plague that took some of your own tribe - and you don't feel hopeful about being able to help him. Indeed, when you eventually go to check on him, Ichi informs you it's the most peaceful he's been in the last couple of days.
Kweed''rik'tik: chest wound is now minor.
Schlakal: wounds have been healed, poison effect is now minor.
SmallOne has died of plague.

Schlakal:

Grum'tuck tends to your wounds, and you gratefully take the time to rest.
Your wounds have been healed, poison effect is now minor.

Mahtkii:

With the limited amount of spare wood around the camp, you take an unused club and tie vines to it, so that it rests under the pony's neck. The vines reach back and can be tied to whatever you want it to pull. With Ungbuktu's help, you fasten the vines securely and make sure the whole thing fits the pony nicely.
-1 wooden club
-4m thick vine
+1 vine harness for pony

You head to the river and gather reeds, which you'll be able to weave into something like wicker sheets. You return to the camp and are informed of the death of one of the local tribesmembers.
+6 units reed fiber

Umg'lux:

Searching for the finest sleeping spot in the camp, you instinctively turn around and walk away. Then you catch yourself, turn back, and find a comfy sleepy-hole in the cave. You curl up for a nap and awaken a while later feeling refreshed. You crawl out of the sleepy-hole and meet a dead kobold. Pleasant.

Kurtulmak:

Riding on your beak dog, you follow your ears to a distant screeching noise, and come across a trio of dire baboons (almost twice as large as a normal baboon, and many times as vicious) trying to catch a bird that keeps flying from tree to tree. Silently you dismount the beak dog and the two of you wait noiselessly, ready to strike. You lunge together as a baboon charges past you, striking at the same time. As the beak dog drags the baboon into the bush, you stab it in the chest, silencing its outcry.

The remaining two baboons, having been focussed on the bird, now look around, but don't seem to know where you are. They scream loudly and run about; then one suddenly leaps over a bush, directly at you, its teeth bared and its fists whirling through the air. You sidestep, swing and miss, and the ape lands beside you. The other ape comes running in, launching itself onto your beak dog's back and digging its teeth deep into the reptile's back. The beak dog cries out and staggers, trying to shake off the ape, but only seems to tire itself.

You dance around the grounded baboon's attack to defend your steed. Your swing is clumsy, but the baboon is preoccupied, and you cut deeply across its lower back. It tries to move up and bite the beak dog's head, but the reptile twists its head back and snaps, catching the baboon by the throat, flipping it onto the ground, and pinning it.

As that baboon runs out of breath, you kick away the standing one as it comes at you again, then rush forward and cut it down. With all the baboons dead, you inspect your steed's back. The bite wound came dangerously close to its spine, and it seems to have been saved only by the thickness of its scales. The creature is in a lot of pain, so you drag back the largest, most in-tact corpse without its help. You return to an unusually somber camp.
+1 dire baboon corpse
Beak dog: serious back wound.
Kurtulmak has gained a level in dodger!

B'lyk, Tiggi and Kiyl-Kiyl:

You head South, taking some food with you, knowing that night will come before you return.

At the base of the hills, you spot a giant scorpion strolling about. B'lyk and Tiggi keep their cool and remain unseen, but Kiyl-Kiyl loses it and attempts to flee, tripping and falling flat on his face. The scorpion scuttles over quickly and brings its tail down, but Kiyl-Kiyl just manages to raise his turtle shield in time. Pulling his weapon up, he jabs at the beast, the bone point of the spear penetrating the scorpion's thick exoskeleton.

B'lyk whispers to the scorpion, trying to calm it, but to no effect, while Tiggi fires an arrow which shatters against the creature's hide. The scorpion backs up and scuttles away. Kiyl-Kiyl just manages to keep hold of his spear and pull it back out as the creature escapes.
Tiggi: -1 baboon bone arrow

Kiyl-Kiyl gets up and dusts himself off. You continue your journey. When you reach the town, the humans are there, busy erecting a wooden palisade. As the Sun begins to set they head into their homes, and the three of you have a little picnic.

-you are outside the human forest town-

TIME OF DAY:
############(
)############
Sunset
~as some creatures nestle into their hides, others emerge~
You've solemnly dined on crawfish, berries and bugs.
The death of SmallOne silences all noise at the camp.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 02:38:36 pm by Samthere »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Scorpions, Angry Apes, Death!
« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2010, 02:45:24 pm »

Do kobolds bury their dead?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33