Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30845 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Fight Night!
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2010, 10:19:06 pm »

I put on my large subtle chitin armour.
Other than that, I rest up and feast for the long battle ahead, loudly insulting my opponent as much as possible in between belches.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:26:18 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2010, 11:51:14 pm »

After washing my leg I will carefully get on the dino and try to ride it.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2010, 02:29:50 am »

i take the extra spears and stab them trough my clothes for safe storage an d when the fight starts i will skewer him from afar
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:36:46 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2010, 10:29:14 pm »

Just Spade and Hastur now.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2010, 10:31:42 pm »

Update is on its way; I had some programming coursework to do as a priority today (due in on Monday; they recommend 50 hours on it but I shouldn't need more than 12 :D). With the Monday deadline, I'll have some more to do tomorrow and possibly Sunday as well, so if there are updates on those days they'll come late.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2010, 10:38:53 pm »

Ungbuktu: Fill my jars with JARATE if they are dry, and carry as many as is convenient.
 Then Dig a pit in front of our entrance, install it with 30 frail wooden arrows, smear them with urine and feces. Place log over pit, retract it at night.
feather some other arrows if time allows.

(yeah i had a bunch of tests this last week, lots of em)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - The Battle for Chieftan
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2010, 11:21:40 pm »

Nreelroi:

With a fish flopping about from your excitement firmly grasped in your hand, you set out into the forest as the Sun lowers in the sky.

Through the trees comes a great sound, and you see a hulking silhouette. You freeze with fear as a troll tears its way through thorn bush like it was only a spider's web. It locks eyes with you and runs at you, but your legs won't seem to move. The great beast swings at you with a fist almost as large as you are, and it flings you bodily back. You land on your feet; the attack seemed to set you back into motion. The monster raises both its boulder-like hands above its head and slams them down. The earth shudders from the attack, and it takes you a moment to realise that you avoided it. You fade into the bush as the troll lifts up its hands, displaying mild delight when it finds out that it punched you so hard you turned into a delicious fishy treat!
minor chest wound
-1 salted fish meal

Without a fish to throw at the humans in an act of fantastic diplomacy, you head back to the cave, where everyone is feasting in preparation for the big duel between two of the tribe's warriors.

-you are at the kobold cave-

Ichi:

You spend some time in the forest, finding the longest, thickest piece of vine you can. Eventually you find a satisfactory piece, and you climb up it to separate it from the tree it's hanging from. It slithers like a great snake down over branches and to the ground. You scramble back down the tree, coil it up, and throw it over your shoulder.
+6m thick vine

You return and catch the beginning of the feast as the Sun gets closer and closer to the horizon.

Schlakal:

At first you're not sure what you'd gather the snake venom into, but after posing thoughtfully for a while an idea strikes you! You take one of the viper heads and carefully extract its skull, which you scrub with dirt and wash off to get it as clean as possible. You then proceed to milk the viper fangs into the upturned skull. You don't stop until you're sure you've taken every last drop.
-8 viper heads
+1 viper skull of viper venom
+7 devenomed viper heads

With great care, you dip the arrows that Fuzz was working on into the venom, making them that much more deadly.
-7 eagle-feathered nimble giant eagle bone arrows
-some viper venom
+7 viper venom eagle-feathered nimble giant eagle bone arrows

You take a small shirt from the pile of clothing and copy Tiggi's method of making a pack. It goes absolutely fine, and the resulting pack sits snugly on your shoulders.
-1 plain shirt
-2 shoddy bone arrows
-2 baboon bone arrows
+1 little plain pack

After all this work, you let yourself join the feast that comes before the duel.

Fuzz:

You gather up all of the eagle bone arrows and cut fine notches into them, which hold halves of arrows you have cut. You space three of these fins around each arrow, and the result is something that looks good and flies truer than any arrow you've made before.
-5 giant eagle feathers
-7 nimble giant eagle bone arrows
+7 eagle-feathered nimble giant eagle bone arrows

Then, with great care and difficulty, you dissect the snake heads. It takes a long time, and you almost slip more than once, but you successfully extract the venom glands.
-7 devenomed viper heads
+7 tiny viper skulls
+14 viper venom glands with fangs

The rest of the viper corpses, however, take you mere moments to cut up, and you rush off with their meat to join the feast.
-8 viper corpses
+1 unit raw viper skin
+20 tiny viper bones
+3 viper meals

Tiggi:

You continue making packs. Taking a green, fuzzy piece of clothing, you do much the same as before, but the extra cloth at the bottom makes it that much easier to close up.
-1 green woolen robe
-4 wooden arrows
+1 green woolen pack

The larger robe is much less interesting to work with, and you have a much harder time. Some of the arrows you're using to close holes broke apart and splintered, and the extra cloth from the bottom of the robe that could have been salvaged is lost.
-1 large, plain robe
-8 frail wooden arrows
+1 plain pack

You spend some time with the toddler, who is vastly amused by your ability to run backwards. He tries it himself, but trips over the chickens, landing in a pile of laughter. You take him with you to the feast; he seems to like the berries the most.

Kweed''rik'tik:

You don the armour that was made for you. It sits perfectly around your bulging pecs, and your arms seem to burst from the sides like pythons. You strut around the camp, showing it off to everybody. You even try sneaking in it, and for once not everyone immediately falls about you in laughter.

You feast well, shouting all sorts of insults at your opponent, and laughing loudly. As the Sun first touches the tree tops, you gather your weapons and face the forest.

-you are on your way out of the kobold cave-

Kurtulmak:

You wash out your leg and apply some herbs you pick from the bushes around you. You're not sure you've used them before, but you have a good feeling about them.
your leg wound is now very minor

You climb onto the back of the harnessed beak dog after it has risen and it stumbles about groggily. It hisses at you through bleary eyes, but it argues less when you hold some baboon meat in front of it. Upon seeing this, the non-harnessed beak dog becomes much more eager to please.

You switch the harness from one beak dog to the other. The now-unharnessed beak dog moves away into the forest with focussed effort as you bribe the other one with meat.
-2 salted baboon meals
+1 tame, rideable, friendly beak dog (very eager to be fed)

You leave the beak dog tearing at a harder piece of meat on the bone and attend the warriors' feast.

-you are at the kobold camp-

Likesfighting:

You mount the two spare spears on your back and limber up for your feast. You sit and wait for it eagerly, watching as the other kobolds bring all the food together.

As you feast, you and the current chief argue loudly that the other is weaker. He seems stumped for a while when you point out that the armour he's so proud of came from your kill. Eventually he responds that if he had killed it, the armour would be twice as strong. You continue in this way all night, and neither of you tires of it in the least.

With the chief in his chitin plate on your right, and you in your bush suit, the two of you face each other one more time before you head out into the forest, where you will soon be fighting.

-you are on your way out of the kobold cave-

Ungbuktu:

You check on your jars, but they are still wet. The Sun will be going down, soon, so they won't be dry for a while yet.

You work hard digging out a pit by the cave entrance. Your hands are cut from rocks in the dirt, and the soil is packed down hard, but you make a serious dent in the ground. If you were to curl up you might almost be able to conceal yourself in it.
+1 half-dug hole by the cave entrance, covered by a log

Eventually you decide to stop working and join the others at the feast. You arrive in your spectacular pink dress, and, during brief moments where the two warriors aren't arguing, it is a hot topic for conversation.

TIME OF DAY:
############(
)############
Sunset
~the sky is streaked with red; blood shall be spilt tonight~
You have feasted upon eagle, baboon, cougar, berries, fish and snake with the warriors who will duel for chief.

Kweed''rik'tik, the current chief, and Likesfighting, the challenger, set out into the forest at slightly different angles. They walk until the Sun is fully set, at which point they begin hunting each other. The forest sings with the cheers and jeers of insects, and the leaves seem to shake with anticipation.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:23:19 pm by Samthere »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2010, 11:40:00 pm »

Fuzz sees the warriors off, then he makes needles out of the snake bones before going to sleep.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2010, 11:42:28 pm »

Not wanting to see her friends hurt each other for such a trivial reason, Nreelroi will go to the meadow and pet bunnies. She will try to tame a particularly soft one to take back to the cave.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2010, 02:24:54 am »

Prepare myself
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2010, 03:06:09 am »

Well, somebody is going to get hurt and Tiggi is going to need to be ready to take care of the cute idiot when he does.  Oh well.  While waiting for them to finish their silly fight, she meanders around, looking for berries and grubs.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2010, 07:31:23 am »

Kweed feel alive here in forest...no thoughts here...no words or hard things. Only the weak and strong. The hungry and the eaten...

Kweed sneaks about, looking for his prey.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2010, 08:38:32 am »

I head out towards the human area, to steal from the forge, I take my staff for defence.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2010, 12:51:59 pm »

Accidental post.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:57:48 pm by Samthere »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile