Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30842 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Dinosaurs can be Drunkards too!
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2010, 11:25:47 pm »

Fuzz will make more armor (normal size) from 2 chitin, and a helmet from the last.
Then, he will knead the white-rock into some meat to preserve it.
If there is time left, he will go out and find more sharp rocks.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Beak Dogs ain't so scary!
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2010, 12:57:45 am »

Rules of chief dual
s' good

shields are allowed but apart from thar its ok

I train in anticipation for the battle
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:09:01 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2010, 09:21:47 am »

Kweed practices for the battle to come, concentrating on weapon skill.

EDIT: Also, I demand the thorns picked from my back be added to the group inventory. :I
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:37:06 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2010, 11:14:42 am »

I make some armor for the chief.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Fight Night!
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2010, 06:24:23 pm »

Kurtulmak:

You wake up about an hour later and vomit. You go to the river to wash your mouth out and drink some water, and you're soon feeling much better. You munch on a few berries to fill your stomach back up, and then go back to where you passed out. The two beak dogs are still out of it.

You take a couple of sticks and make small holes in them. Since one beak dog is already wearing the apron, you tie it firmly onto the beak dog through the holes in the sticks. You do this in two places, once where the apron ties around the beak dog's neck, and another place around its abdomen. In theory, you could sit back against the rear stick and hold onto the front one to ride the creature.
-1 large floral-embroidered apron
-2 decent sticks
+1 florak beak dog riding harness

-you are at the kobold cave-

Nreelrroi

You hold a fish to the little human. The fish is roughly the size of its forearm, and it takes it and shakes it around, giggling. You take a bite out of the fish, spit it into your hand and hold it to the pinky's mouth. It splutters and gets about half of it down its front, but it seems to enjoy the bits it eats.
-1 fish meal

You ask the creature about what humans usually do most of the time. It hits you with the fish and chuckles.

Schlakal:

You swap some arrows around take one of the new claw scimitars. It's very light, and its serrated edge looks vicious. You pick up Tiggi's new basket and take it with you as well, to help you carry. You head off into the forest to track venomous things.

The basket makes it hard to sneak around, so you keep putting it down, scouting ahead and then going back to get it again.

Every now and then you hear a hiss or see a flash of colour, and you're off. The snakes are small, but you quickly catch up with them and remove their heads with your new weapon. You can get the venom from them later.
+8 viper heads
+8 viper corpses

Ungbuktu:

You shape the clay again, into cylinders that fit nicely in your grip. This time, however, you line them up on the woodcutting rock so that they don't join to the ground, and you leave them in the Sun to dry.
+9 drying clay jars

You then claim the beautiful pink dress and cut it down to your size. You do a nice job, and you yourself probably would never have guessed it wasn't made just for you in the first place. You put it on and feel sure everyone will be impressed by how well it suits you.
-1 large, pink, frilly dress
+1 pink, frilly dress
+1 unit pink, frilly cloth

-you are at the kobold cave, in a dress-

Tiggi:

You take the black vest and put it on. It comes down just past your waist, and you love the way it flies out when you twirl.

You try all the different clothes on the baby. Nothing seems to fit it, but it still makes you smile seeing it in the different clothes. You settle for sticking something on its head which fits relatively nicely.

After all this changing of clothes and being handled, the human toddler cries a little, but you quickly place a chicken in its arms which clucks and is then rattled around by the child.

You take the blue shirt and fold the arms over, fixing them at the bottom edge of the shirt with two bone arrows. You fold the neck over and fix it closed with two more, and the result is something you can wear on your shoulders and carry stuff in.
-1 large, blue shirt
-4 shoddy bone arrows
+1 blue pack

Fuzz:

Once again you take the chitin and begin bashing it flat so it'll serve well as armour. Once again you have no problem. Taking the flat of your  hatchet and bashing it against pieces of flint, you are able to make small holes in the corners of the plates, where you can secure them with leather strips.
-2 units subtle chitin
-1 unit leather
+1 subtle chitin armour
+2 leather strips

Making a helmet of the chitin requires considerably less shaping, apart from where it sits around the snout. You make holes for eyes, and finish with a helmet that sticks up from the wearer's head like a cone, but is nonetheless very protective.
-1 unit subtle chitin
+1 subtle chitin helm

Finally, you gather together all the meat in the camp and begin salting it, working the salt hard into the meat. It takes a while, but you get it all done.
1/4 bag of white rock
-34 meat meals
+34 salted meat meals

Likesfighting:

You wrap your wound in a large leaf and set to training, careful not to overuse the wounded arm. You practice dodging, stabbing and blocking against a tree. The training is reassuring, but you don't feel like you've improved much in the time.
your wound is effectively healed

After a while, you see the chief practising too. He seems in high spirits, unaffected now by his earlier wound. It seems your contest will be tonight.

Make sure you read the text at the bottom!

Kweed''rik'tik:

You sit back a while, counting the thorns that came from your back and basking in the sunlight. Well, you felt like you were counting them, but you really just moved the from one pile to another. Your final count was:
+a bunch of unhygienic, bloody thorns taken from Kweed's back

After counting them, you forget about the injury on your back and get to training for your contest against Likesfighting. You practise swinging both of the clubs together, and with just one while you hold the other defensively. You feel awesome, and you're sure than anyone looking on at you is awed by your display of koboldly prowess.
your wound is effectively healed

Make sure you read the text at the bottom!

Ichi:

You take the armour plates that Fuzz and Likesfighting bashed into shape before, and attach leather strips to fit them to your chief.
-2 subtle chitin armour plates
-2 leather strips
+1 large subtle chitin armour

TIME OF DAY:
#########O###
############
Mid-Afternoon
~the duel for chief will happen tonight~

Kweed''rik'tik and Likesfighting, you are both fully ready for the contest. Please check your equipment on the front page and specify in your next post what you take with you or what you leave behind. You may well be fighting for your lives! You can post publicly or PM me this information, and any combat strategies you'd like to use.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2010, 06:30:40 pm »

You ask the creature about what humans usually do most of the time. It hits you with the fish and chuckles.
A fascinating insight into human culture.

I take a fish to the village south-west of us. Remaining hidden, I will throw a fish at a lone human, then run off.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2010, 06:34:15 pm »

Just for those who haven't noticed it explicitly, it takes about a turn (3 hours) to get to any of the human features on the map (apart from the fort) and another turn to get back. You can generally do your activities in town during the time, but the trip each way still might throw some obstacles in your way, depending on the dice and the generosity of the encounter generator. :D

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2010, 06:39:38 pm »

I need no weapon, for nothing would possibly have cause to harm me.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2010, 06:41:24 pm »

I go into the forest to gather vines, I take my staff-stick for defence (Although Im probably just going to run away >_>)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2010, 06:48:38 pm »

Me extract poison from snakes, and put some of it on the feathered arrows. I leave half of it though, so we have more poison if ne need any in the future.
Me skin and butcher vipers
Me follow Tiggi's example and make backpack (if time)
Me pray to magic stone for the exxxellent hunt
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2010, 06:50:45 pm »

Fuzz wears the chitin helmet and helps Schlakal butcher the snakes, making sure not to damage the venom glands and fangs.
Then he goes out to gather more sharp rocks and hatchet-sized sticks.
If there is time, Fuzz will stick feathers to the better arrows.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:53:38 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2010, 06:51:34 pm »

None of the arrows are actually feathered yet; the nimble arrows are just made out of more aerodynamic bones.

Naturally, since birds can fly, arrows made from their bones will fly better than arrows made from the bones of things that don't fly ;D

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2010, 07:00:13 pm »

None of the arrows are actually feathered yet; the nimble arrows are just made out of more aerodynamic bones.

Naturally, since birds can fly, arrows made from their bones will fly better than arrows made from the bones of things that don't fly ;D
Wait what, thats terrible logic...
Well then, i poison the "nimble" arrows, since they seem to be the best.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2010, 07:02:51 pm »

That's KOBOLD logic :D
In reality the nimble arrows fly more true because they're that bit lighter and I decided maybe they'd fly better because of that. :D

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2010, 07:33:59 pm »

Tiggi makes more packs until she runs out of shirts, then she plays with the child a bit.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33