Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30846 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Beak Dogs ain't so scary!
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2010, 03:30:03 pm »

Also, someone could probably take advantage of my condition and stage a coup, just saying.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2010, 04:34:00 pm »

armor up in camo gear armor plate and clothes and go hunting
Kweed still itchy! Red inside water spilling out! Chief cannot die. If you let Kweed die, I kill you all!
chief weak! when warrior hurt, warrior help self. maybe chief is not strong enough to be chief........
when chief recovered me challenge chief

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2010, 05:30:41 pm »

Kweed strong, but humble like mofol! Accept challenge. Strongest warrior need be chief, even if not Kweed. Especially if Kweed though.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2010, 05:55:10 pm »

Ungbuktu Makes an eagle feather headress out of the skin, feathers and beak of the giant eagle. I makes it so you look out the beak. Then I make a Chittin stabber thing, serrated on thefront and barbed in back. Then I makes csmall clay pots to hold my jarate in.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2010, 05:57:06 pm »

Me assumed that they would have magic heat stuff at human villiage, but looking around see none
Me leave horse in hidden area outside village, and when chance is right strike, me knock out young child,  Me run back to horse, and put ugly human child on it and ride back to camp

If successful thank magic stone for its aid

EDIT:Oh, and preferably a male child if possible
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:30:48 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2010, 06:00:21 pm »

I've thought up some rules for chief duels, which I think we can agree to Maxi?

1. No armor! This could be optional, up to you-your stealth armor gives you a big advantage if the battle takes place like I envision it. I wilatl insist on it though, if I cannot get a good piece of chest armor. I've asked Ochita to help me there
2. Battle continues until one of us says "uncle"-no need to kill each other, at least intentionally...perhaps the first person to hit 25% HP? I'm not sure what damage system Samthere is using. I might as well add, death is a very real possibility...
3. Everyone has to wait at least a week IRL to challenge the top spot again
4. Both combatants must be perfectly healthy

The battle can take place like this-we each depart into the wilderness at sundown, and the person who comes back intact is the new chief...it continues until one person is disabled, no matter how long it takes, and we can carry no supplies except for our weapons and armor. The winner will still be duty bound to drag the loser back, of course.

This way makes it fair for someone who is sneaky and fast have a chance against big and strong, like me.

Sound good?

Disclaimer: Remember this is for RP Cheif. Which means...nothing really, except for fun and friendly competition, for Roleplaying reasons!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2010, 06:23:04 pm »

I think we need to spruce up this cave, bedding, water, a place to keep livestock... I'll get to work on that after this fight.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2010, 06:43:18 pm »

There is a HP system in place, so I can stop a fight when 25% is reached.
Like you say, though, if damage goes way over that, death or serious injury is definitely a possibility.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2010, 06:45:38 pm »

Kehehehehehe

Much Dino fun time yes! Kurtulmak goes to find meat foods for Dino friends!
I They can teach them me how to hunt!

Kehehehe

And maybe how to ride.

Kurtulmak goes off to find food for himself and his new friends, taking a small sip of the liquid first to dull the pain in his legs. If he sees any strong vines or grasses he will gather them as well.

He does this on the way back home.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2010, 10:30:55 pm »

Ichi:

With Kurtulmak's recent shenanigans sure to have the townsfolk more alert, you decide that now isn't the ideal time to steal, and head off into the forest to collect sticks and stones.

You find one really nice stick that's thick, sturdy and about as tall as you. In addition, you fill up an armful of rocks about the size of your fist.
+1 staff stick
+5 stones

You had back to the camp and take a few moments to rest.

-you are at the kobold cave-

Fuzz:

You gather together all of the animal bones in the camp and start whittling away at them with your sharp rock, creating arrows and other weaponry. You find that the eagle bones make the lightest, finest arrows. You waste none of those, but some of the baboon and cougar bones are too brittle and are lost. The largest of the cougar bones make fine stabby tools.
-7 giant eagle bones
+7 nimble giant eagle bone arrows
-14 cougar bones
+3 cougar bone daggers
+10 cougar bone arrows
-22 baboon bones
+17 baboon bone arrows
Fuzz gained a level in crafter!

You then take the mantis-man's claws and set about fitting a handle to them. They already seem to be quite dangerous.
-2 mantis-man claws
-2 leather strips
+2 mantis-man claw scimitars

Kweed''rik'tik:

You call for "HALP" and Nreelrroi comes to aid you. You hold still as she picks out the thorns one by one from your back and washes the wound, and you help her hold the cloth in place as she bandages you.
your wound now only affects you as a minor wound

Nreelrroi:

Your chief demands "HALP", and you are not one to deny the demands of your mighty chief. It takes quite a while to pick all the thorns from his huge back (and he managed to get quite a few thorns in there), and quite a bit of cloth to bandage him up.
-4 rough cloth strips

Likesfighting:

You take the bush disguise tunic Ungbuktu made. It doesn't fit you perfectly, and your legs stick out of the bottom, but it'll help make up for some of your ineptitude at sneaking. The chitin armour plates aren't currently in any state to be worn, as there's nothing to hold them to your body.

You follow the river out, wanting to outdo the chief's hunt. You jab at the reeds absent-mindedly as you keep an eye out for prey. You hear a hiss and an alligator lunges at your legs, but you jump back in time and start jabbing at it with your spear. Your aim is true, but the alligator's hide is too thick, and your spear is deflected harmlessly. The pair of you repeat the dance, back and forth, several times, until you get a good jab in its eye. With a low, rumbling hiss, it retreats into the water and disappears.

You take the long way back to the cave, and stumble out of some underbrush into the midst of a pack of five hyenas. You quickly try to look as bushlike as possible, but they clearly see straight through your ruse and you have no choice but to fight.

As they charge at you, you jab one in the flank. You raise your shield to one side as hyenas come flying at you, and fend them off with your spear on the other. One of them gets around your defenses and bites your shield arm, getting a good grip and trying to drag you over.

Another comes in again, but you stab it with your spear and the weapon strikes deep into its belly. You twist the weapon and pull it out, and the hyena staggers back dizzily. The pack comes in at you again, but once again you keep them at bay, and the handle of the shield stays firm.

You shake the hyena off your arm and jab it in the throat. Blood bubbles up and the hyena stops attacking, standing firmly on all fours and putting great effort into breathing.

The other four hyenas go yelping away. The remaining one is now lying on the floor, unable to breathe in a puddle of its own blood. You run it through and drag it back to camp.
+1 hyena corpse
minor wound, offhand

Ungbuktu:

You start arranging the giant eagle's feathers and beak around a strip of cloth laid out in front of you. Once you find a suitably impressive arrangement, you start poking the feathers through the cloth, and finally attach the beak. The result is an impressive headress, which you fix with another strip of cloth to attach it firmly to one's head.
-1 giant eagle beak
-16 giant eagle feathers
-2 rough cloth strips
+1 giant eagle headdress

You think about cutting the chitin to make a sharp, serrated edge, but you can't think of a way to cut it apart finely enough not to lose the edge.

You have another go at shaping the mud by the river, this time getting it to stay in shape. You test one out and it successfuly holds liquids. When you pick it up, however, it deforms, and you only end up showing your own hands who is the boss.
+5 mud toilet-pots attached to the ground

-you are at river by the kobold cave-

Schlakal:

You breeze effortlessly into the town, walking in plain sight but totally unseen. You notice a human carrying another, smaller, pinker human. You trip the larger human over in a particularly muddy spot; by the time she's back up with her eyes clear of mud, you and her child are gone.

The ride back is uneventful, although you can only hold onto the pony with your legs because you have to stop the human from falling off. The human seems distracted by the pony and continually makes sounds of delight whenever the pony turns its head slightly.

You return to the cave, where the child is fascinated by grabbing the chickens by their tails.
+1 male human toddler (will need to be looked after)
+1 set of tiny human clothes

Kurtulmak:

You begin gathering up some vines and leaves, swigging from one of the bottles as you go.

You don't quite remember the details, but you return to the cave along with the two beak dogs. All three of you are stumbling and blurry-eyed,  and one of the glass bottles is empty. One beak dog is wearing a large floral apron, the other your loin cloth. You're wearing only leaves and vines. As a group, you decide it's time to lie down. At least, you decide it's time to lie down, and the beak dogs collapse easily when you lean on them.

-you are lying down in the open in the middle of the day with two drunken dinosaurs in odd attire at the kobold cave-

Tiggi:

You came here for clothes, and clothes are what you'll get! You scout around the outside of the town, looking for clotheslines, but you notice a lady leaving the town with a rather large basket of clothes.

You follow her out of the town and to a pond, where she kneels over the water and starts washing a set of robes. She seems quite focussed on one particular stain, so you leave her to it. When she's finally finished with it, you're sure she'll be glad to find out she's not got any more washing left to do!
+1 big basket of human clothes
Tiggi has gained a level in sneaker!

You carry the basket back to the camp on your head; no creatures impede your journey.

When you arrive back, you take time to inspect your spoils. You're impressed by the human's generosity - some of these things would even fit normal-sized kobolds!
+1 big woven basket
+1 green woolen robe (2 units)
+1 pair plain pants (1 unit)
+1 plain shirt (1 unit)
+4 sets undergarments (1 unit altogether)
+1 large, pink, frilly dress (3 units)
+1 large, plain robe (3 units)
+1 large, blue skirt (2 units)
+1 large, blue shirt (2 units)
+1 pair large, red pants (2 units)
+1 large, black vest (1 unit)
+6 sets large undergarments (2 units altogether)

-you are at the kobold camp-

TIME OF DAY:
######O######
############
Noon
~the wilderness is getting more dangerous~
You've had a lovely, meaty lunch.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2010, 10:36:03 pm »

I see no issues with my circumstances.

I will sleep in a drunken stupor for most if not all of this turn. If I wake up in time I will first get a drink of water. Then I will try to make a harness for the Beak dogs so I may ride on them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2010, 10:37:39 pm »

"Small human come visit? D'aww."

Play with the human child, feeding it a fish if it looks hungry. Try to learn more about human society from it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:40:31 pm by Nirur Torir »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2010, 10:38:46 pm »

Me leave the child and let it sleep, me take one of the pokey scimitars. Me replace old arrows 5 eagle feather arrows and 5 of the better bone arrows.
Go out to find poisonus frogs, berries, or just poisonus animals in general (which me then kill so me can get their poison), as long as they not too dangerous, so that me can poison weapons/arrows

EDIT: i take the basket, just incase i find lots of stuff
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:00:50 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Dinosaurs can be Drunkards too!
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2010, 10:43:38 pm »

Ungbuktu makes more jarrs, and dries them in the sun first this time. Then I take a pink frilly dress and craft it smaller to fit me and wear it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Dinosaurs can be Drunkards too!
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2010, 10:54:25 pm »

Horray!  The nice lady gave us enough clothes for everybody!  After preening in her new black vest, Tiggi goes skipping through the camp, giving out clothes to everyone there, even Schlakals new friend.  Tiggi spends a little while seeing how the pink human looks in different kinds of clothes.  She thinks he looks best in one of the strange hats that has holes for the ears.  She decides to keep an eye on the little creature while figuring out how to fashion some of these great new clothes into packs.  (basically, I'm hoping she can figure out the trick to turn a shirt into a backpack.)
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33