Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30850 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - Now with added PONY!
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2010, 01:56:10 pm »

Tiggi doesn't need your tut!  Tiggi is mighty couger slayer!  Let me tell you the story again!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2010, 01:58:33 pm »

Kobold slap go! "No talking"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2010, 02:04:09 pm »

Tiggi:

You try to tend to your wounds, but the diminishing light makes it hard to see exactly what you're doing, and you have trouble getting them clean. You don't make them any worse, however. You let Ichi take over, telling him your story again and again as he slaps you to get you to shut up, until you drift off to sleep, proud of your day.

-you are dreaming of beating up cougars with your face in the kobold cave-

Ichi:

You click your tongue at Tiggi for having carelessly allowed the cougar to get close to her, who insists on repeating her tale to you until you're impressed. You respond with traditional kobold love: a salvo of slaps. Eventually she drifts off. Nonetheless, you're glad she's alive. You clean the wound with water and a combination of leaves the elder taught you to use, and then bandage it up with some cloth. You smirk a little as she mutters in her sleep, then sit back against a wall and take a nap yourself.
-1/2 unit of rough cloth
Tiggi will be fully healed when she wakes, although it'll hurt for a while

-you are snoozing in the kobold cave-

Likesfighting:

Under the cover of the night, you decide to try your luck hunting again. Carefully, now, you come across a herd of 4 wild horses and try to get into position to leap on one, spear in hand. You climb a nearby tree and start to move along a branch. As you're moving quickly along the branch, your spear gets caught in the leaves around you and you trip, falling to the ground amongst the horses. You're fine, but stunned momentarily, and by the time you regain your wits the horses are gone.

Still, you refuse to return to the camp without a kill, and venture deeper and deeper into the forest, where stranger creatures live. Suddenly, from nowhere, a claw slashes out at you. You try to dodge back, but you back up into another one, which cuts your left shoulder quite badly. You look between the claws and stare into the compound eyes of a mantis man. It brings its other claw about to try to grab you, but you dodge back and lunge with your spear. The creature seems much faster on the attack than on defense, and your spear thrusts through the creature's chest. A green liquid bubbles out and sprays on you, and it takes advantage of the distraction to attack again, striking you hard in your lower body. You ignore the pain from the impact and attack again, jabbing the spear through its neck and sending its head rolling away.
+1 mantis-man corpse
medium wound and minor wound

As you regain your breath before heading back to the cave, you inspect the mantis-man's exoskeleton. It's hard and slightly shiny, but its colours are impressively subtle and it seems to blend into the background.

You drag your kill back to the cave. Your arm is very sore, and the pain is worsening. You manage to wash it out on your own and wrap some cloth around it, since you've seen the fixers do that before. Exhausted, you sleep where you are.
-1/2 unit of rough cloth
your minor wound will be fully healed when you wake
your medium wound will no longer worsen, though it's likely to scar

-you are sleeping soundly at the kobold cave-

Fuzz:

You make short work of the cougar corpse. It was fairly large, and had plenty of meat.
+4 units raw cougar skin
+14 cougar bones
+18 cougar meals
+1 cougar skull
Fuzz has gained a level in gatherer!

You set the baboon and cougar skins out to dry. They should be ready to work with in a couple of days. You curl up in your favourite spot in the cave and drift off to sleep.

-you are catching some shuteye in the kobold cave-

Nreelrroi:

You have a brief staring contest with the pony before you sleep. The pony wins, but you don't really mind.

You wrap yourself up in a loose piece of cloth and fall asleep.

-your sleep is filled with visions of honey at the kobold cave-

Schlakal:

Under the cover of night, and careful to avoid any night creatures, you return to the cave. Most of the others are sleeping already. You join them.

-you are snoring loudly and drooling on your precious stone in the kobold cave-

Kurtulmak:

Having rested through the day, you're now completely ready for activity during the night. You make the trip to the farm uninterrupted by any wildlife. You navigate to the chicken coop and whisper for them to shhhhh. They seem to listen. You manage to stick one in your loincloth where it nestles comfortably, and carry two more away unnoticed. The farmer won't know what happened until tomorrow.

By the time you make it back to the camp, you and the three chickens are quite good friends.
+3 docile chickens

Kweed''rik'tik, SmallOne and Ungbuktu:

You take it in turns to keep a lookout as the others sleep. The night is peaceful, punctuated only by the return of the few kobolds not already sleeping.

-you are taking turns sleeping at the kobold cave-

TIME OF DAY:
############
#########O###
Nearing Dawn
~the stars are pretty~

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2010, 02:12:13 pm »

Wake up and greet the new day by singing to the pretty stars. The song should be properly mournful, due to the recent deaths.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - The Stars are Pretty
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2010, 02:37:57 pm »

After Fuzz wakes, he shall attempt to remove the carapace from the mantis man corpse, it could make okay armor.

How soon does the meat rot of not eaten?
And do you think you could give us the total number of meals left?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:44:03 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2010, 02:42:32 pm »

Huzza! I will go and steal some wheat to feed to my new friends!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2010, 02:45:20 pm »

Huzza! I will go and steal some wheat to feed to my new friends!
Don't chickens eat bugs and grass?
Unless you're keeping them in the cave, they should feed themselves.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2010, 02:49:22 pm »

Meat will begin to rot after a few days if not treated, but will probably take a week or so to become inedible. It can last a bit longer in the corpse, too. You could dry it out or cook it to make it last longer.

I added the total meals above the food section in the camp equipment - it also tells you how many days you can all eat for.

And yeah, chickens will generally do fine on their own. There are plenty of bugs in the cave, but they'll be happier spending daytime in the sunlight. If at any point there isn't food that animals can find on their own, I'll likely alert you to it.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2010, 02:56:21 pm »

Do one of you sneaky kobolds could look for some salt?
Alcohol could work too.

You could probably find some near the kitchen.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2010, 02:59:58 pm »

Go to the town and steal some metal weapons.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2010, 03:01:00 pm »

are we near the sea?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2010, 03:03:25 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2010, 03:06:51 pm »

Oh, okay then.

I will go steal "fun juice" and "White rock" from the town for Fuzz.

Also if I can use my net to carry things all the better, if I can grab some wheat to make nest for my little chicky chicks even more so.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2010, 03:07:22 pm »

Spoiler: Map of the Known World (click to show/hide)
You don't know if it's a sea or not, but there's a lot of water in one place.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2010, 03:19:48 pm »

If there is a waiting list available, I would politely ask to be placed on it! :D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33