Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in a Bay12 Secret Santa gift orgy?

Yes, I absolutely love giving and receiving stuff from internet strangers!
- 15 (51.7%)
No, I am afraid of you ... if you can even be called "people".
- 14 (48.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bay12 Secret Santa - International shipping? We got this - post your country!  (Read 7301 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'd be up for this. Jersey, UK.

If shipping/paying for delivery is a problem for some people, could they not just use Steam and get their person a game?

OHGOD. That reminds me, Kael, I owe you for the Stalker from last Christmas. Shit, totally forgot. Sorry man. I'll make up for it.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Yes, perhaps - I know quite a few Europeans and Aussies might jump at the chance of getting discounted games gifted to them - especially those that are unavailable for buying or censored in their locales.

And don't worry about it, it was a gift. I sent a bunch of people stuff back then I don't even remember.

I already have some money set aside for the Steam sale. haha...ho.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Secret Santa - No beard needed, see inside!
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 01:54:00 pm »

As I said, I'm interested, and I'm in the Midwestern US. I was also going to mention that you could order things and have them shipped from the manufacturer to the recipient as well, or browse around on EBAY for a seller in their area. There are a lot of potential workarounds for international shipping... it's the same theory as the Amazon UK/US idea.

Anyway, I'd say setting a vertical limit somewhere around $30.00 US would be comfortable to me, and still allow for a variety of gift-things.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Secret Santa - No beard needed, see inside!
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 01:58:33 pm »

As I said, I'm interested, and I'm in the Midwestern US. I was also going to mention that you could order things and have them shipped from the manufacturer to the recipient as well, or browse around on EBAY for a seller in their area. There are a lot of potential workarounds for international shipping... it's the same theory as the Amazon UK/US idea.

Anyway, I'd say setting a vertical limit somewhere around $30.00 US would be comfortable to me, and still allow for a variety of gift-things.

$30.00 USD is £18.67 in real money, which I can afford.

And Kael, I'm going to get you something, regardless of this.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can probably afford $30, provided I can get at my bank account.

Fucking debit card.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I'm game. North Carolina, USA. (I'll laugh if I wind up with one of the other forumites in the Triangle...)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

There is always the possibility of digital gifts, including steam, art, donations/purchases in online games for someone else...
Eh?
Eh!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I'm on board with this.  I take it the gift limit is going to be something like $30+shipping, judging by the looks around the thread.  I'm cool with that.

The best part will be after the gifts are received and we all pry and wheedle and speculate on who bought who which gift.  That's always fun.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet

I'd consider this. No guarantees as I'm a destitute college student.

I could probably spare around 30 bucks though. I'll keep an eye on this for details and whatnot and let you know closer to the time.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I'm game. North Carolina, USA. (I'll laugh if I wind up with one of the other forumites in the Triangle...)
I think that's just you, me, and Footkerchief. However, I am not in, so that just leaves Footkerchief.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

California, US.

Probably can't do this due to parents breathing down my neck, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

California, US.

Probably can't do this due to parents breathing down my neck, though.
Express instructions for Kael: Disguise her gift as packaged schoolbooks.

And yeah, American east coast here.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I'd so do this but I'm under orders pretty much not to give my address out. Plus I don't have very much personal money. Plus if I got someone to send a gift to I didn't like I'd probably just not send anything. So yeah.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

Well now. This might be fun, but then again I live in Iceland, so the postage might be rather bothersome.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 [2]