Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210622 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course its perfectly typical for stat-padding seal-clubbing re-rolls like me to have total potato performance in tier Xs, the T-54, 2/3 of the low tiers, lots of gold tanks with low number of games and have tanks such as T-34-3, T-44, T20 and Leopard PT A in their most played tanks. Thats your "typical re-roll stats across the board" right?

You have a relatively high number of games in T-34-85, KV-1 and KV-85 (fromely KV-1s). Quite a popular set of clubbing tanks.
Additionally you play mostly medium tanks that generally reward more WN8 than similar tiered heavies.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course its perfectly typical for stat-padding seal-clubbing re-rolls like me to have total potato performance in tier Xs, the T-54, 2/3 of the low tiers, lots of gold tanks with low number of games and have tanks such as T-34-3, T-44, T20 and Leopard PT A in their most played tanks. Thats your "typical re-roll stats across the board" right?

You have a relatively high number of games in T-34-85, KV-1 and KV-85 (fromely KV-1s). Quite a popular set of clubbing tanks.
Additionally you play mostly medium tanks that generally reward more WN8 than similar tiered heavies.

I just pointed out that they don't. Same tier mediums get similar target damage as the once incredibly OP KV-1S/85. WN8 target scores are always relative to the average performance. Additionally, my last thousand games include *gasp* 4 games in the KV-1. KV-1S/85 I last played 1½ years ago - well before it was nerfed.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its happened again: after a game, PM window pops up and someone starts toxic discussion on me being dirty gold using re-roll stats whore padder scumbag and whatnot. Many seem to think that to learn the basics of the game one needs to play 10k games and a good player below that is always a "re-roll".

I wish it were possible to block PMs from everyone but friends... I'm seriously thinking about disabling the game chat for all the abuse I get. Everyone who is either bad or good enough seems to receive loads of it.

After my tabletop fried, I took WoT again with my laptop (been mostly playing WT for a while, exceptions platting with my daughter). And soon enough, similiar accusations were flying towards me. Sharp reminder with wooden stick that is the playability with this piece of Toshiba why I drifted towards WT in the first place.

The gold-spamming stat-paddler accusations are quite preposterous, since I was (and still am) well belove average player, with full 2 gold tanks in garage (crappy xmas Pz2 and Dicky), and shitloads of subpar T3-7 tanks, as well as NO tanks above T7. Quite an increase in easily frustrated 'wads, it seems.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You used low tier german heavy tanks in that example and those things are rather user unfriendly so predictably people fare worse on average when driving them.
Heavy tanks at tiers 5 6 and 7 all have noticably (with some exeptions) lower dpg requirements.
That gap shrinks with time and by tier 9 the dpg is more or less the same.
If you look at the tiger and panther for example there is a 200 damage gap between them despite both being same tier.
Mind you that is a gap so big that some tank lines see less dpg increase between entire tiers. Not just 2 vehicles of the same tier.

So simply put if you had the exact same damage and kills done while driving heavy tanks your WN8 would be likely 200-300 WN8 lower simply because for the average player it's that much harder to get good scores in mid tier mediums compared to heavies.

Are you a reroll? Doubt it.
Do you use medium tanks to pad your score?
Knowingly or not you do by driving one of the best tier 6 medium tanks in the game.
Do i have a bad opinion about you?
No what the hell should i? I'm just stating what i see.
Self promotion below.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did not use just low tier German heavies. Besides the few exceptions from the rule, mostly low tiers plus tanks that used to be radically different such as M4 and certain others such as AMX ELC which is probably the worst offender of them all, the higher the average player score the higher the required values for WN8. Panther has such low expected values precisely because its so difficult a tank to do anything in. That is reflected in my stats for it too, my average dmg/game for Panther is 400 or more points lower compared to my other lately played tier 7s.

One can certainly pad both WN8 and win rate but I doubt it can be done simultaneously, especially not when playing solo, without going as down as tier 4 or something. KV-85 is the only "padder" tank I have had: no Hellcat, no T67, M4 only after it was nerfed and small number of games, no autoloaders, no T29, no Tiger, no IS-6. My performance in T-54 is abysmal because it was my first tier 9 and I havent played it almost at all lately because I hate losing 40k credits because it has to shoot HEAT to be competitive.

I have high number of games in certain tanks mostly because they were my first tanks at those tiers and I decided to leave them in the garage. Heck I was dumb enough to use T-44 for commander training: I played over 440 games with it without 6th sense as commanders that gained it were immediately moved to T-54(twice) and once Object 140. Why didnt I use T-34 for that?

It's sad I even need to explain these. I dont abuse people who play TDs for damage whoring and camping either; I know how difficult it is to win games in inflexible tanks that cant be active through a match. Maybe I should have just ground to tier 7-8 on every line asap and only play those like like a potato as some people in game seem to think. I just play for fun.  :-[

PS. One shot is apparently "spam":

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:06:04 am by Erkki »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well i fared far better in the panther than i did in the T-43.

Also don't think i'm a dick. You asked for opinions and i just gave mine.
Self promotion below.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its important to remember that while it may be technically padding, its something everyone does. A lot of people play a ton of KV-1S/KV-1/etc because they are good tanks. When they become good players, what was once "playing good tanks" now becomes "padding". My advice is that until you get good enough that other people care about your stats, ignore them altogether. Just do your best & play tanks you enjoy (unless you enjoy clubbing newbies, in that case dont do what you enjoy :P)

Getting called a baddie for using gold ammo is annoying. It's something pretty common on EU compared to NA from what I've heard. There are less people that use gold on EU (this is a fact) and have less of a tolerance for other people using it (this is an assumption). On the other hand, less gold ammo in matches can also be a good thing in terms of balance & the performance of those who do use it.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well i fared far better in the panther than i did in the T-43.

Also don't think i'm a dick. You asked for opinions and i just gave mine.

I dont. I guess what just happens a bit too easy is people see 2240 WN8, 9k games = statpadder = spams gold and sealclubs --> abuse him. And its annoying. Maybe there will be less of it once I get like 15k games or so more.

Rex_Nex: yeah its annoying especially when people stop playing and being at least remotely useful for the time they call their opponent/teammates names. Personally I carry some prem shells in most tanks but rarely use them. Some tanks really need to shoot prem ammo to be competitive while some are okay without. Especially when the prem shell is HEAT, to me switching to HEAT seems to just lower the chances of penetration unless I'm driving T-54... Even my T-34-3 with its pathetic 175 mm of AP pen rarely shoots those shells. Spaced side armor and tracks just absorb them if rounded turret sides dont make them ricochet.   :-\

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Not carrying gold only gimps yourself when you actually do need it to win a match. So yeah, always carry some, and if you feel like you might not pen reliably don't hesitate using it since the time you're wasting bouncing shots off of someone could be better spend murdering stuff on the other side of the map or something.

Also I got called a rerolling, stat-padding scum too. Which was true to a certain extent, I did reroll, but it was because I'd sold my old account, not because I give a damn about stats anymore. You don't go mainly light tanks if you want to stat pad, especially when some of them are shit-tier level bad. And you most certainly don't go trough the DW2, that piece of shit excuse for a tank.

Also for some very odd reason that I never could fully understand, most of my mid-high tier germans had absurdly good stats. Like, both Panthers were sitting at 60+ WR, ditto for the Tigers and a number of the TD's. Never did figure out how that happened, I mean, sure they were fun to drive and  I like to think they suited my playstyle quite a bit, but I never considered  them that good.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the same thing with the German tanks in many ways. Indien Panzer that I hated for the movement aim bloom and long aim time, stands at 65% and 1500 dm/g. I didnt even free XP anything on it but the tracks IIRC.

Although now that I've got to enjoy T-34-2 and Centurion, I'm starting to think the Indien was a pretty good tank after all.  :D

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Words.

That's because EU is less rich overall since it's more than just germany and the UK.
Smaller and poorer economies are also part of the EU like Poland or Spain after the economic crash.
They usually cna't afford premium and premium tanks and since they earn less silver they have less money to spend on gold rounds.
This means gold rounds are... well P2W because getting a subscription for someone in the US is comperatively far cheaper than for a Pole.
So the real life economics have impact on how the game is played and why anyone using gold is shunned by the poorer majority.

And of course there are delusional people (that are sometimes even actually good!) that probably think they would have 5000 WN8 and 80% winrate if gold rounds were removed from the game.
Self promotion below.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The amount of maps they introduced in the 1.5~2 years I've been away is astounding. Not only I suck at the maps I used to know, I've also got a whole new batch of them to suck at now. Getting outplayed left and right or just put into a heavy tank fest when I decide take my poor SU-26 out for a ride.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

KV-1 and T-34 are very stronk Stalinwood tenks! I'm wiping the floor with all these weekend noobs!  ;D
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, there's a lot of maps now. According to WG, there are too many, actually XD

I wouldn't mind them cutting 5-6 of the worst maps and then just working on the ones they have. One thing that I expect to hear news of this year is "HD" maps, which will be considerably harder if they keep the dozens and dozens of maps they have now. Will be really neat to see it happen, although they'll need to have the performance impact figured out beforehand - dat multithreading etc.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

Maybe if they removed the clone maps...  ::)
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 251