Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210656 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3585 on: November 16, 2014, 03:36:40 pm »

I wonder what they'll do with TDs when they nerf them. I mean, for some of them it makes sense... but how about the TDs who would honestly become completely useless with the nerf? Do the JT, Foch, SU-122-54, etc. really need to have their viewrange kicked down by almost 100? You already are making them fight on maps they can't snipe in, you've nerfed their camo, and there are plans in the pipeline to make bushes less effective. These tanks weren't all that powerful even before all of these changes!

The whole TD view range nerf just looks a bit worrying to me. If you make them too blind, you'll just make the camping TD problem even worse because the TD players that'd have been active in the fight before now won't want to even move because everyone and their mother will outspot them.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3586 on: November 16, 2014, 04:11:59 pm »

Isn't the viewrange nerf meant to be for everything but light tanks? Because at the moment you're better off in a tier 10 medium with optics then a tier 8 light even if all you're trying to do is dedicated spotting.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: November 16, 2014, 04:17:48 pm »

Well i'm planning on parking my light tank next to TDs and act as a spotter.
I'm protected by the TDs (even if they will only be meatshields because the enemies will likely shoot the TDs over a light) and i'll rack up them support points for spotting for them.

As for the nerf for the TDs themselves... well i guess that will just push people into playing those god damned autoloaders even more.

But as someone who plays mostly heavies... i'm actually kinda happy about it.
For me there are 3 annoying things in WoT.

1 - SPG deaths or even worse random oneshots where you can't really avoid it.
2 - invisible TDs spamming 750 avg damage shells at you from 440 meters away while staying invisible ALL THE TIME.
3 - Autoloaders appearing out of nowhere and assasinating you with their burstwhile you and your platoonmates/nearby pubs get only 1 shot off each.

Isn't the viewrange nerf meant to be for everything but light tanks? Because at the moment you're better off in a tier 10 medium with optics then a tier 8 light even if all you're trying to do is dedicated spotting.

Yeah but TDs will be hit the hardest. It's supposed to be now like this.

LT - 400-420
MT - 380-400
HT - 360-380
TD - 330-250
SPG - 300 or so.

So yeah lights get viable. HTs nowdays only brawl all day so they don't really need sight and MT's have enough to work as scouts while scouts actually get to have an edge... andarty... arty does not give a single intercourse about sightrange.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:21:30 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: November 16, 2014, 05:19:02 pm »

The problem is that we only saw some test numbers, so no one can say with any certainty how drastic the nerf will be to the different classes. But, yes, TDs are getting the short end of the stick so it's not like nothing changes just because everyone is losing view range.

I can't really complain if TDs lose just like 10m more than the other classes and the view range nerf doesnt end up being as drastic as we think, but, for example, the new T10 TD's tested viewrange is 330. That's a horrible reduction from the current TDs' 400.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: November 16, 2014, 06:58:20 pm »

I don't really care that much about losing sight range as a TD. If I'm in a city, I don't need that much to see someone nearby; if I'm in the open, I should have some team support.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: November 16, 2014, 07:08:11 pm »

2 - invisible TDs spamming 750 avg damage shells at you from 440 meters away while staying invisible ALL THE TIME.

I think the viewrange nerf would actually make this problem worse. If a TD has someone else who spots for him he will get much more leeway in how close he can be without getting spotted when firing.

I just recently had a game in the Borsig using the 150 mm gun where I was spotted at 400m after firing by tier 8 heavies/mediums, despite camo net (not something to complain about, reload is long enough that one can easily fall back until despotted and then take up position again). I didn't have to spot them for myself since they where engaging someone else at close range. If this game had taken place after the view range nerf I'd probably would have never been spotted.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: November 16, 2014, 07:51:10 pm »

I don't really care that much about losing sight range as a TD. If I'm in a city, I don't need that much to see someone nearby; if I'm in the open, I should have some team support.

Well, thats a problem, because TDs (particular T10 TDs) already suck (in general, compared to meds and heavies). No matter how you look at it, it's a nerf to the entire class, most of which don't need it.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: November 17, 2014, 01:12:50 am »

Well, thats a problem, because TDs (particular T10 TDs) already suck (in general, compared to meds and heavies). No matter how you look at it, it's a nerf to the entire class, most of which don't need it.

I agree, they're already a support class... That depending on the exact tank cant support properly(too slow, too big, too bad gun) and can only camp. The few exceptions are OP, though. I could see this as an attempt from WG to reward active play in random games, but whos going to play any TD that isnt a Borsig now?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: November 17, 2014, 07:57:35 am »

I agree, they're already a support class... That depending on the exact tank cant support properly(too slow, too big, too bad gun) and can only camp. The few exceptions are OP, though. I could see this as an attempt from WG to reward active play in random games, but whos going to play any TD that isnt a Borsig now?
People who have a T95 or a JadgE100
Self promotion below.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: November 17, 2014, 10:25:25 am »

*Implying the Jageru isn't shit*

*It's actually pretty shitty as far as T10 TD's go*

Also T10 TD's are by far one of the strongest classes atm, especially for pubstomping since a large number of them offers heavy level armour with a much better gun (and in certain cases mobility) which makes them carryhard material for the most part, especially if you're not that good since both meds and heavies require a bit more finesse and thinking to be used to their full potential.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: November 17, 2014, 11:37:04 am »

Well as far as i'm concerned JEHundo is the perfect TD.
High alpha good armor at range and little chance when it gets cornered unlike WT that can (and likely will) slaughter just about every medium it comes across unless it has to reload.

It's what a tier 10 TD SHOULD be. Not some overpowered autoloading german/french mess.

People just say it's shit because it's one of the few tier 10 TDs that's actually balanced.
Self promotion below.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: November 17, 2014, 11:53:15 am »

I'd say it's as balanced as T10 arty. By that I mean it's very much feast or famine, you will either get lucky and get stuck in a position with a lemming train unable to dislodge you, dealing buttloads of damage, or you'll be left alone by the team and die after firing your first shot. The gun itself isn't that great either, sure, 1k damage shots are really nice but the reload is far too great so you are quite easily fucked over by RNG if it decides to hate you on a particular match.

The Jageru is far too minmaxed and in a rather crappy way for it to be enjoyable or reliably carriable. Compared with something like the E3 which goes a bit further and has actually reliable frontal armour and just enough mobility to not make it a lottery when picking which side of the map you want to go and cover. Or heck the 268 which is a pretty nimble bastard which can bounce on occasion and has a pretty average gun which makes it very flexible and thus much easier to carry games with.

All things said it's just a poorly thought out machine imho with a combination of stats that makes it awkward and not nearly as good as the other T10 TD's which are a lot more reasonable (with the exception of the FV183 and even the Waffle which are in the same boat as the Jageru) with their strengths and weaknesses and don't go stupidly far in one particular direction leaving everything else crippled.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: November 17, 2014, 12:04:27 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIcYaUumY2E

As far as i'm concerned  it's more of a Assault gun than a TD and should go with the heavies to terrorize people because unlike every other TD in that line it had enough armor for it.
But i'm just going by Foshs word on it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 12:10:02 pm by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: November 17, 2014, 12:23:23 pm »

The Jagd in an assault/front line role is just a really bad version of the E-100. Its a pretty poor tank imho, that armour doesn't really mean as much as it seems. You're pushing a front, and then suddenly everyone switches to HEAT, clicks your superstructure, and then backs into cover before you can turn towards them. It's nothing like an E3, where people load gold... and then you just hear a different sound effect as they bounce you.

What the Jagd offers is more noobproofing than anyone else. It doesn't need to be staring at the person who's shooting it for the armour to be effective, you only need to hit twice (and not even for full damage) for the average player to have done his job, and theres a lot more value in having a bad JPE player missing all his shots but being on the front lines than there is value in the bad 268 player missing all his shots from the corner of the map.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: November 17, 2014, 02:26:39 pm »

Still the JE100 has enough alpha to usually pen them in return and be for the better of it trading wise unless 3 heavy tanks all hit and pen it at once. Otherwise it should have no problems trading shots because it can pen and outalpha just about everything... that's my idea of it at least.
Self promotion below.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 251