Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210740 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

True, I always prefered RoF over alpha, gives me more flexibility and reliability in dealing damage. Plus people tend to ignore smaller amounts of damage until it's too late to do anything but die.

One of the reasons I love the USSR T10 meds :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True, I always prefered RoF over alpha, gives me more flexibility and reliability in dealing damage. Plus people tend to ignore smaller amounts of damage until it's too late to do anything but die.

True; I have the 13 90 and the T69 that do that a lot.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to the elitists at WoTLabs only high alpha counts.

Anyway i got the E75 and i noticed that it burns... a LOT
Literally in my first 3 games i burned 5 times.
As a bonus the turret that served well enough on the KT bouncing shots from its own tier becomes absolute crap at tier 9+ so i hope to replace it... soonish.

Also Waffle Throwers are the bane of my life.

On related note... i installed vent and a gun laying drive on my E75 now i'm torn between spall liner (since it has good armor and HE can be a bitch) or gun laying drive (because fireing accurate snapshots is nice at times)
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

most of the elitists on wotlabs would suggest the 128, so I'm not sure that makes sense

Vertical stabilizer is the best equip in the game, there is almost no reason to ever not use it if it's available to your tank and is a strict upgrade over gun laying drive. I'd suggest Rammer+GLD+Vstab or Rammer+Vents+Vstab.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:06:00 pm by Rex_Nex »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I personally run vents+rammer+spall liner. Mostly because you're big and slow and make a nice arty target, and you've got stupidly good base armour values so the increase is nice too.

The trick with preventing fires in the E75 is not getting hit in the LFP, which is incidentally the weakest part of the front. Learn to angle it properly and juke shots and you'll never ever need to worry about getting set ablaze from the front (and if someone sets you on fire trough your ass then you have bigger problems).
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I derped in my post. i didn't install a GLD. i installed a Rammer... i don't think i ever bought a GLD on anything other than my S-51 TBH.
Anyway guess i'll install a vert stab to allevate the top guns bad soft stats i guess.

Also... does any of you know of a good medium tank guide or assault map reviews?
I disabled it as soon as i learned its a camp fest (back when i had less than 1k games) but now they constantly pull me into those maps when platooning and i have no freaking clue where to go.

Also i can't use meds for crap... some people say "wait for the battle to unveil and then flank" so i wait and if we're winning i can get some flanking shots... maybe even a kill or two ending with 1500-2000 damage done but i'm basically killstealing at that point.
And everytime i try being proactive i run into heavier and heavier shit and unlike lights i'm semi decent at (maybe its the camo) i just get violently raped in mediums unless we're winning.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:37:37 am by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's what I can say from my experience:

Don't wait for the battle to get underway too long. As a flanker (it's not the only role for medium, though), your job is to help the main groups by finding somewhere else to shoot the enemies from. This distracts them, divides their attention, and slowly whittles down their HP. You need to avoid taking too much damage, though, so switch places often to keep them from hitting you. Take advantage of the time that it takes to switch focus from your allies to you - turrets are slow. You'll want to find alternate routes to get to places where other people are fighting so that you can get to their thinner sides and back.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Theres 2 problems, though: a "dpm tank" needs to stay exposed(except E-25 lol) and is very prone to lose situational awareness as the player becomes tunnel visioned on the target. A dpm/rof tank needs in most situations and battles IMHO have a considerable DPM advantage over alpha tanks to have an edge. Unfortunately only few do.  :-\

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just got the Expert award for the US (killing one of every non-premium US tank). Most tanks are easy to find (there are endless M4s and T1 Heavies, for example), but it took a long time to find and kill the T11E03 and the T11E04, since not that many people play those. The same goes for the Maus for Germany (I barely ever see them and I'm not sure if I ever landed the killing shell on them).

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I'm missing a bunch of those. The most annoying one so far has been the Chinese T1. Nobody plays that damn thing so it's nearly impossible to find it, especially since I don't play lowtiers that much.

Then there's the problem of the Japs and the STB-1 which is also stupidly rare and the only thing I'm missing for their expert medal :I
AS - IG

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I managed to get almost all tanks during only the first 3000 or so games... Only missing the Chinese 113 now! The tier IX French arty was also missing for a long time. I had completely forgot about it when one ambushed me and attempted to kill me by ramming dashing in full speed from a bush. I was in an E 50.  :P

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well i had a silly match in the E75. basically most of the team bit the dust leaving me against 2 waffel throwers and 1 medium. I managed to win that but i give full credit of that happening to my stock E75 gun and vert stab. The insane accuracy allowed me to kill a capping T-54 on the move followed by numerous snapshots at attcking waffentragers thinking i have the top slow reloading/aiming gun.
NOPE! 7.5 sec reload ladies... and so they lined up one by one.

I actually made a youtube video of that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV-drdwccwI&feature=youtu.be
Altho some of my friends say my sense of humour is as stale as a peace of bread in australia.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:04:17 pm by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Some of us on the teamspeak (see my sig), are getting in/back in to WoT. We'd all like to join the clan. Everyone who wants is welcome to get into the teamspeak to coordinate as well.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I heard you guys talking about something like that, but I only have up to tier 5 tanks =p

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some of us also have lower tier tanks
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 251