Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210777 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Gotta love the SU-100Y's Naval gun sometimes (When it's not trolling you)

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I absolutely love my M8A1 right now. It is fast, mobile and can even  penetrate Tier 6 heavies. While it only does around 70 damage per shot, it fires fast enough that I can keep doing consistent damage on anything I come up against...except a Matilda. Why does the Matilda have better armor than Tier 6 heavies?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Because it's a bastard of a puppy kicker. It gets stupidly good guns for its tier too. The only downside is that it's painfully slow.

The Pz1J is the ultimate monster of a tank though. Remember the glory of micromaus?

This is worse, much worse, you get some 80 armour on a T2 light tank with limited matchmaking. It has an absolutely shit gun though.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The AT 2 is simply silly. It has so much armor that it can stop anything short of a tier 7 from penning, and it has a gun that reloads in about 2 seconds. It's also really slow, so it's like a slowly advancing wall of death.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The AT 2 is simply silly. It has so much armor that it can stop anything short of a tier 7 from penning, and it has a gun that reloads in about 2 seconds. It's also really slow, so it's like a slowly advancing wall of death.
Light tanks and mediums can still beat it. Just track it, circle round behind it, and shoot it in the back. Repeat until done (this may take quite some time though).

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile

The AT 2 is glorious at killing noobs. Concentrated firepower from people who know what they're doing still wrecks it though. Once you can recognize the tanks that are a threat to you and where they're likely to be you can just troll the hell out of people once you get a spaul liner to negate HE shots and arty. Easily one of my favorite tanks.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AT2 is silly because even its weakspots are pretty damn hard for its tier. The coupola hs 101 mm of armor all round and most tier 4s and even some (especially when stock) tier 5s might have problems going through that. And that's that things weakspot.

Also i must say... i goddamn suck at mediums. I got the Protopanther (ther 6) and can't do crap the armor is bad the mobility is bad (As a HT player by bad i mean "not much faster than my faster heavy tanks")... what's the point aside of getting a E50M? (which is a glorified Tiger 2 with terrible matchmaking and turbocharged engine).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mediums tend to be somewhat squishy, but they are a lot faster than heavies of the same tier. They also tend to have guns with higher DPM. While there are a few heavier mediums, most mediums are intended for flanking enemies who are busy killing your allies. Lights also excel at this.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found 30.02(M) to be moderate at sidescraping. It's thin side is somewhat remedied by large tracks. Still, it's the last stand manouver with it. Most great games I had with it was running around like a cromwell (or maybe more accurately an E8), firing on the move but mostly at medium to long ranges from second line of advance, if sniping was totally out of order. Occasionally was forced to recon duty, being bottom tier and lacking enough lights; that's a death sentence, if there's no terrain to hide easily. Though, I had kitted out protopanther with 100% crew.

Really, panzer III/IV and up all seem to follow same logic. Snipe, flank, make most of the terrain but avoid cresting due to fact that anyone can shoot your tank dead thanks to paper armor, and gun depression just can't cut it.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you pay attention to what allies do, it can start to make you unhappy. For example, when I say "DON'T SUICIDE COMET" in chat and there are several tanks just over the ridge, I don't mean "Go over the ridge alone and die to the Type 59 and the other tanks".

I should probably stop venting, but it gets frustrating.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Venting? i was cursing out loud today since i installed a mod that keeps track of my average WR8 rating for today.
Since i was grinding my mediums (i consider those absolutely useless but a needed step towards tier 9-10 mediums that are actually decent) i had an average WR8 rating of 800.

Hell today i decided to do my dailies in the Protopanther tiger 2 Tiger P and ferdinand.
Protopanther - got lucky and managed to score 1200 rating
Tiger 2 - 1 game won with a rating of 4000
Tiger P - 1 game lost 1 won with an average rating of 2000.
Ferdi - 4 consecutive losses and one win at the end in a game where i didn't even do any spotting damage much less actual damage with the average WR8 ratng of around 150... 2 of those games were even literally rated as 0.
This of course brang my average rating for the day to 1200 and morale to around 0.

Also i'm puzzled by several tanks now.

1 - The ferdinand
in theory it's an assault gun armed with a decent but meek alpha damage wise gun for a TD at this tier... and its also sluggish in both turning and movement speed, had bad camo rating and the armor while decent against lower tiers is no barrer against th tanks it is supposed to compete with.

2 - Churchil I
I got it when i decided that i want a black prince and its anotehr tank that puzzles me... it is advertised to have heavy frontal armor while posesing a relatively meek turret.
Nope i get penetrated like no tomorrow by everyone no matter how i try angling it.
In fact i'm quite sure the lower glacis is far below even 80 mm as i penetrated it with the chinese light tank autoloader making the frontal armor pretty much useless... as if having a thin turret wasn't enough already.
Self promotion below.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The 128 has meek damage??

Never realized that since 490 hp is like a third of most T8s HP pool. Honestly, the Ferdi isn't that easy to use but it's main role is a second line sniper, like all german TD's of the Jagd line, they're too big and sluggish for brawling but have enough armour to protect them at medium and long ranges while their guns excel at sniping.

As far as the churchills go, they're all shit, no other way about it, they're just shit after shit after shit. Raw armour means shit when half your front is weakpoints.
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it's not that bad i guess... after looking it up its apparently second best as far as TDs go at tier 8 first place going to the ISU i guess its a case of everything seeming to be meek compared ot the ISU.

As for hte churchils... yeah the churchil has no weakspots... it has hardspots instead.
Singular small points where your opponent has to aim at to bounce.
There is no other explanation for the lower glacis having nowhere near teh 177 advertised armor AND the single plate with 177 armor has 2 rather large weakspots.
And on top of all that anyone can just shoot the turret anyway.

However frm what i saw the tanks that come after it have the holes in the armor slowly patched up ending up on black prince that is apparently semi decent.
Self promotion below.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't seem like there's a point to using the ISU when the Rhm B WT does the same damage and has a turret and fantastic view range and is kinda fast and .... etc

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Except it has 71 less pen.

Unless you have the money for gold spam.
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 251