Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210776 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems like the AT series works best when you don't give the enemy time to aim for the only weakpoint on the thing.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SU-101 isn't too bad at it, but I agree it needs to be proactive. Not really in an aggressive way, but getting to good forward positions with camo and then repositioning often. I kind of liked it, although the SU-122-54 after it was a lot more fun for me. The gun works better for the job the SU-101/122-54 are tasked.

edit:

Oh, oh, and if you can, pick up the T71 while its on sale (assuming NA, but its prob worth getting anyway). When it gets its MM buffed in 9.1 it should be one of the best LTs in the game.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

But the MM buff won't affect it anyways, or the T8 scouts. As is, the new MM for all scouts will be the same as of regular tanks that are tier higher then them, which means the T71 will have the MM of a T8 tank so it will see all the same matches it did before, mostly because there's no more battletier 12. Tho I guess it won't be seeing all T9-10 matches anymore, but those never were an issue tbh.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does the M4 jumbo do with respect to acceleration?  It has 13 less top speed than the m4 and the e8, but if I can hit that speed with the engine alone, I'm not too concerned about only going 35.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But the MM buff won't affect it anyways, or the T8 scouts. As is, the new MM for all scouts will be the same as of regular tanks that are tier higher then them, which means the T71 will have the MM of a T8 tank so it will see all the same matches it did before, mostly because there's no more battletier 12. Tho I guess it won't be seeing all T9-10 matches anymore, but those never were an issue tbh.

The buff isn't to what tanks it fights, but to how often it fights them. With only T8-10 MM, you only have a 33% chance of getting into a t10 match. More importantly, you have a 33% chance of getting into a T8 match. With T8-11 MM, you have a 50% chance of getting into a T10 match, and a 25% chance of getting into a T8 match.

How does the M4 jumbo do with respect to acceleration?  It has 13 less top speed than the m4 and the e8, but if I can hit that speed with the engine alone, I'm not too concerned about only going 35.

The accel is pretty good, but the tracks bleed a ton of speed when traversing. Only going 35 might be more of an issue than you might think, too - when a situation requires your attention half the map away, you just might get there too late.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 07:25:09 pm by Rex_Nex »

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think I want to play the e2 with t6 matchmaking.  The idea of an up-armored M4 is tempting, but it just kind of sucks.  The 152 armor turret can't use the only new gun I'd get.  That means I'll be using the derp or the slow 76 from the previous tier.  To use that fast new 76 (which has the same pen and damage as the previous ones), I'd need to use nearly the same turret as the E8 (76/50/50 compared to 76/51/51 on the E8), which just negates that awesome frontal armor if they just have to aim at my turret for free pens.  God forbid I run into a KV-2 that hits that 76 armor turret.

I think I could play it successfully, but it'd be really similar to playing a KV-1.  Bait people into shooting my tracks/frontal armor at an angle, then do damage using well-aimed shots at driver ports and commander hatches.  And it would be a tier higher.

E8, on the other hand, has better tracks, a better engine, and the turret is actually a sort of upgrade.  Much better for peekaboo derping and wolf pack flanking with the fast 76.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~negates that awesome frontal armor if they just have to aim at my turret for free pens.

A-44 in the nutshell.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

E2 does have a pretty mean mantlet though, even on the thin turret.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The usual dilemma of choosing an M4:
E8, which plays more like a real medium.
or
E2, which is basically a heavy tank. The E2 usually fights with derp+base turret and can actually do pretty well. Of course, you have no chance against the real heavies, but it's surprisingly destructive. And it is damn tough in t6-7
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's not listed for some stupid reason but the second turret has a stupidly thick mantlet, just like the first one, so at ranges or with people who don't know it your turret will be just as bouncy.

But I kinda agree though, the E8 is simply awesome, mostly because holy shit that mobility and RoF.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

After grinding out the T29 and T20 via the E2, my general impression of it is that it is deceptively stronk. The mantlet aside, properly angling can bounce a hell of a lot; I pretty clearly recall seeing multiple long 122mm shells ricochet in a few situations. I use the better 76 as well, and play it like a flanker. I actually got the E8 first, but I sold it before unlocking the Jackson or T20 because it really didn't feel like it matched up to comparable things at that tier, mobility aside. To my recollection the E8 basically plays like a squishier, less damaging Cromwell. :|

I guess the bottom line is this: the Easy 8 is probably going to give you more opportunities to deal unopposed damage, but the Jumbo can effectively block routes of advance where the E8 would have to retreat or die--that, and if you're paying attention to the map the E2 can still react fairly quickly. The only time I'd rather have an E8 than an E2 would be when playing on a very mobility-friendly map with few/no buildings and choke points.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got the long 122mm on the KV-1S, and bam, suddenly Radley-Walters.

Spoiler: It's ok (click to show/hide)

Also noticed 3 days of premium on my account. Anyone know if that's from an event or something?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, winning any battle during this weekend grants you 4 days of premium.

Also I unlocked the KV-2 and HOLY [expletive]. It is awesome.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

KV tanks are fun in general.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I decided to get a E50M in several years from now so i decided to start my grind towards it with the help of even XP... and this happened.
http://wotreplays.com/site/885862#winter_himmelsdorf-sonlirain-vk_3001_h
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 251