Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210786 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to point out that i had a game on Malinovka in my KV2 where i shot a random bush and destroyed a TD. Literally just as the game began i aimed at a bush and fired the gun the very second it reloaded.
I was called a hacker but it was worth it.

Anyway getting off a blindshot at a probable position of a enemy tank is definitely not impossible.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:45:43 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which can still throw you incredible amounts of bullshit.

Tonight I was merrily capping at the end of the match in my SU-101. Camo net equpped and active, crew fully trained in camo. Then I blew up, I was killed so quickly the sixth sense didn't even get to activate.

The killer?

A KV-3, and I have no idea where he killed me from because I never spotted him :I

Which map? Where were you killed on the map?

Also, I believe if he was behind you then you couldn't have spotted him + camonet without a bush barely has any effect.

Still, if you didn't get Sixth Sense, then he either killed you with a shot within 1-2 sec (which, considering aim time is usually bullshit, but I've seen loads of people move then fire with deadly accuracy, especially since they messed around with dispersion) or he just blindly shot.
If you were spotted where you were or when you were heading there, it's likely he or someone in the team with XVM checked minimap for that location. Or simply just memorised it.

If it's the latter, then it's a valuable lesson. If you get spotted, even without any arty in battle, work on getting out of there (this applies to TDs, lights and anyone sniping). If you stay, chances are an unspotted enemy will just blast you apart.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I wasn't in a bush, was in the cap in their base (the northern one on Ensk). I brawled for a bit there and cleaned up the place, then since I was at 90hp and didn't feel like chasing down the last tank alive I stayed in the cap. It's possible he came from the east where there's some bushes after the houses so I didn't spot him but still, this is one of the sneakiest tanks in the game and I should be able to spot him after he shoots wherever he is since the demask on the 122 is huge.

Also one lemming team after another these two days, all of them completely shit. Then some of them have the gall to blame me in my poor T8 tank for not holding out an entire flank against three T10 tanks, all the while their 10 tanks in the city die without doing much.

Oh well, need about 20k xp total for the Super Pershing, gonna do that and then take a break from the stupid.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wasn't in a bush, was in the cap in their base (the northern one on Ensk). I brawled for a bit there and cleaned up the place, then since I was at 90hp and didn't feel like chasing down the last tank alive I stayed in the cap. It's possible he came from the east where there's some bushes after the houses so I didn't spot him but still, this is one of the sneakiest tanks in the game and I should be able to spot him after he shoots wherever he is since the demask on the 122 is huge.

Also one lemming team after another these two days, all of them completely shit. Then some of them have the gall to blame me in my poor T8 tank for not holding out an entire flank against three T10 tanks, all the while their 10 tanks in the city die without doing much.

Oh well, need about 20k xp total for the Super Pershing, gonna do that and then take a break from the stupid.

The line of sight and visibility checks happen only every 200 ms or longer intervals depending on range. At 50 m or closer they happen every 100 ms. Its possible to get shot at and before the next spotting check happens and the shooter pops up thanks to lowered camo and bushes losing their camo effect, you're already destroyed and your crew cant spot any more.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shooting always forces a new spotting check.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shooting always forces a new spotting check.

How certain is this? I've seen what has seemed like the scenario above many times, usually when I'm myself the shooter. Shot and destroyed someone at fairly close range without being spotted, no double bushes or anything. Commander having been injured earlier with resulting greatly reduced vision range is a possibility though but it still sounds weird. I dont even use camouflage equipment or skins much.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All of the points on his tank from where spotting points originate we're probably blocked. I once chewed up a Black prince as an ELC from 70 meters because the only part of his tank sticking out was his rear.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All of the points on his tank from where spotting points originate we're probably blocked. I once chewed up a Black prince as an ELC from 70 meters because the only part of his tank sticking out was his rear.

That's the most likely. I've tried KV-3's "camo" and even without shooting, while moving it will almost certainly be seen, even in the bushes near the church in Malinovka. (Left-top of map) It's practically impossible to shoot without being seen if you're within line-of-sight.  Hell, even when not moving that thing will probably be seen before it sees a moving enemy.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

My stats are apparently back on an upward track after a bit of a dip, which is nice, 1700 WN8 the last 85 battles, could be better but considering my overall is 1200 its definitely good to see.

Also 9.1 is apparently in public test, looks like some interesting changes so far like the kill markers which I think is a World of Warplanes carry over?

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/17/marks-of-excellence/

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

9.1 test server is out. Bug fixes, sound revamps, a new map, some new historical battles, and the TD camo nerf. Looks like a good patch, hopefully it transitions to the live server quickly. The only thing that's causing concern with anyone is the new shooting sounds - seems like a love/hate relationship with those.

edit: rilder is too fast!

In other news, got myself one of the 1500 T23E3s given out as cw prizes. Kind of a bad tank, imagine a E8, give it 300 hp, swap the hull with the T20's hull, push it into T7... bam, T23E3. On the other hand, by virtue of its playstyle being a clone of the E8s, it is pretty fun to drive.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do people decide to drive straight at the enemy while they lose large amounts of health? Don't they realize that that's the point at which you should go back and not die?

Of course, that requires thinking.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well if you decided to rush and are out of cover AND getting shot up then likely you won't be able to stop and turn around/reverse back into cover you just lest with hte intention to rush.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well if you decided to rush and are out of cover AND getting shot up then likely you won't be able to stop and turn around/reverse back into cover you just lest with hte intention to rush.

I mean people who have the opportunity to go back (enemies are reloading or they are right by cover).

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Those people are beyond salvation anyways.

What really baffles me is people who see an ally tank drive into an opening or try to attack or anything really that gets popped in ten seconds or less and decide, I SHOULD TRY THE SAME APPROACH BECAUSE SURELY THE ENEMY IS GONE OR OUT OF AMMO BY NOW SO I SHOULD BE FINE!!!!

Then the same thing happens to them. Then a third guy watching all that does the same...

And to think, that at the start of the match you told them to not do that exact thing that just got them all killed. To think that all those little illiterate, tactically uncapable shits could be alive, if they just had the two braincells needed to listen to what they've been told is stupefying. At that point you are ready to throw your arms up in the air and be done with humanity, because holy fuck, if you're too stupid to lead or think for yourself, atleast listen to someone who appears to know what the fuck he's doiing.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those people are beyond salvation anyways.

What really baffles me is people who see an ally tank drive into an opening or try to attack or anything really that gets popped in ten seconds or less and decide, I SHOULD TRY THE SAME APPROACH BECAUSE SURELY THE ENEMY IS GONE OR OUT OF AMMO BY NOW SO I SHOULD BE FINE!!!!

Then the same thing happens to them. Then a third guy watching all that does the same...

And to think, that at the start of the match you told them to not do that exact thing that just got them all killed.

Exactly. Probably the best thing you can do in a match is think "Should I be doing this?" every once in a while. Situational awareness and caution can let you contribute a huge amount more in matches than the average player.

Also, remember that an awful team is usually necessary for you to have a good match, since otherwise they compete with you too much.

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 251