Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210907 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I actually have a decent amount of success with the 12t when I play it (very cautiously) as a flanker. It's obviously got terrible acceleration, the top speed is nothing to drool over, &c., but if you can get into a position to keep enemies lit without being killed/empty your shells into the side of something, you're going to be really annoying.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually have a decent amount of success with the 12t when I play it (very cautiously) as a flanker. It's obviously got terrible acceleration, the top speed is nothing to drool over, &c., but if you can get into a position to keep enemies lit without being killed/empty your shells into the side of something, you're going to be really annoying.

It's amazing how often people will ignore the person actually hurting them to chase after someone else.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That can be said about more or less every autoloader tank in the game. Well obviously if i can constantly empty shells into someones side (and penetrate) and not get killed then i'll obviously be dangerous and rack up damage over time BUT... that can be said even about the Medium III (if you don't know a terrible tank and want to know how bad things can get then get yourself a medium III).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thing about the AMX 12 t is that it's small and has a reputation for being weak. It also can go faster than most mediums, handles well, and can enough pen to get through most sides of the tanks it sees. Of course, bad things happen if you fight alone with no cover, but that's true of any autoloader.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yeah, the big difference is that with the 12t's matchmaking, pretty much everything will kill you in 1-2 shots. If you fuck up and misposition, you are dead, because you go from 0-60 km/h in approximately two years.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone else having surprise disconnections after 0.9 update? I've gotten more than few after update, mostly involving muro and arty.

Edit. Have managed to repeat it; Murovanka and Birch gun does it pretty regularily, as well as Fjords and M4. Same maps go with other tanks. Swapping graphics settings doesn't seem to affect it at all, and reconnecting to same match causes immediate disco. Nothing apart from update has changed in my end. Vanilla installation.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:55:34 am by Ant »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had a CTD with my Pz. Sfl. V, but that may have been map-related.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have a ctd every 4 or 5 games.  My hypothesis is that they changed which/how directx is used, ie switched to 10, which is pretty unstable on lots of computers.  I don't care enough to find out.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

I had one crash so far, so it's been reasonably crash free for me.

Make sure you delete your preferences file in your C:\Users\%USER Name%\AppData\Roaming\wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks folder, as that's been known to help, as well as update your drivers and what not.

Also, I'm amazed once again at how much play style can affect a tank... I gave up on the AMX 50 100, it just wasn't working for me and I couldn't justify the effort, ended up wasting my 80k free XP to unlock the Indien Panzer and bought that, even STOCK, with the fucking Short 88 from the 3601, (Need tracks to fit long 88 ugh)I still find it funner and do better in it then I did in the AMX 50 100.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

You can mount the 90mm without the tracks IIRC, so skip those and immediately go for the top gun, it's pretty baws.

Also, hotfix hits tommorrow, should fix most of the crashing and freezing people seem to be having.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Oh? Hmm Indeed, didn't actually pay attention to the weight of the 9 cm, for some reason I thought it required more XP than it actually does as well.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just got this game a week ago and I made the (apparent mistake) of going for the T-34 and USSR medium tank lines.

The T80 was the worst experience I've had in this game. HOLY. SHIT. I can rail on about how bad this thing is for a tier 4 but I'm giving you all fair warning, going scout matchmaking in a T-50/A-20 is preferable to this thing as paths to the T-34.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I've been playing this on and off, focusing on "SUPERIOR GERMAN ENGINEERING". So far I have a... Pz.Kpfw. III, which is a step up from the Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. A which was like driving a fast, wet tissue it's armour was so thin. 14 everywhere on the hull, and an upgraded turret was 30 all over.

Still got thin armour, but the fronts a 70 instead of 14 and I can sometimes get the hang of being quick to flank enemies. Still often end up watching a battle from the charred remains of my tank though.

The games fun, but maybe things like Camouflage could be cheaper/easier to get for a light tank, as it seems like it's rather required to be an effective scout.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haw. Getting some hate from your OWN team while Grille'ing about going TD? Priceless. Hellcat drivers seem to be touchy bunch.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

darkrider2, you obviously haven't played the A-20 if you say that there's a tank that's shittier than it :V

Also, yesterday, I took my awesome FV304 for a ride, and in one match I got a Kamikaze reward (killing a tank of a higher tier than you by ramming them and surviving yourself) with it, and of all tanks I killed a T7 arty by ramming him :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 251