Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210916 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Well I for one -do- have shadows on, abit on low, not all tanks look shittier though, German tanks by and large look rather nice...

... and Russian tanks are also rather nice looking (Except the KV-1 which looks...weird),

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

The biggest irritation I'm having with the shiny new graphics the lighting, maybe it's just me, but everything seems so unreasonably bright

On the other hand, I am absolutely loving the buffs to the T7 car, I'm enjoying it even more than before

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The lighting is way off, the models look out of place, the game is unstable, lots of people took framerate dips, and honestly even on their own the new models look inferior to the old models w/new texture rendering. I think this is because the new models have that "fresh off the line" look. Driving around a olive box (T-54) with little to no texture detail isn't really all that impressive.

The new update needed more work before being released.

Nothin' wrong with running Anfield's.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's an option to keep the old graphics.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

The lighting is way off, the models look out of place, the game is unstable, lots of people took framerate dips, and honestly even on their own the new models look inferior to the old models w/new texture rendering. I think this is because the new models have that "fresh off the line" look. Driving around a olive box (T-54) with little to no texture detail isn't really all that impressive.

The new update needed more work before being released.

Nothin' wrong with running Anfield's.

They actually do have some texture detail

But everything is so bright and shiny that it just gets washed out

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's an option to keep the old graphics.

Fairly sure the "old graphics" option is not the 8.11 graphics, it's the standard render that they made obsolete forever ago. I.E, no lighting, no shadows, everything looks bad, low render distance, etc. If the reason someone dislikes the current graphics is because they think its visually unappealing, the standard render will make them gouge their eyes out.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not liking the current graphics causing it's melting my computer. Goddamit WG, I was doing fine on medium settings until 9.0, now minimum settings is what my comp can barely do  :'(
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Well...

Spoiler: I did it (click to show/hide)

3 years since release and a day before my birthday and I finally get my first tier 10...

Edit, First battle impressions:

Ooh, I think I may like this, it definitely feels like a heavy and that it can throw it's weight around like one (Something the IS-8 struggled with imho) while still feeling quite mobile and able to react to situations.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 03:15:21 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Congrats, it's always a big achievement, followed by great disappointment as you realize that it's like T1 all over again when it comes to player skill.

Also you sure have a lot of free XP for a casual player :P
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Yeah I've been saving for a bit, I think at one point I was gonna use it to unlock the Chaffee for the lulz but considering I have a WZ-132 for light tank derping about I figured I might as well just keep collecting it till I see something I particularly want. (Like maybe a tier 8 like the Indien to replace the spot opened up by me quitting the AMX 50 100.)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:43:09 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice! I'll get a tier 10 eventually; currently, I just need a lot of credits/coins/whatever the silver things are called to buy the Jagdtiger (and soon, the tier 9 after the T69).

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just got the AMX40 on my quest to the sonic ELC and discovered the hilarity that it is.  It accelerates faster backward than it does forward.

*obligatory french surrender joke*
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:06:16 pm by Rez »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yean and it's also a light tank with much better armor than the french tier 4 heavy tank.
Altho it loses most of its potency at tier 5... Oh and it has terrible matchmaking.

I have the ELC AMX and i wonder if i should keep going down that line. I mean suure they get more HP as they level but they're still just light tanks that will likely get 2 shotted and the ELC gets the best gun tier for tier... in fact it's a TD mixed with a light tank while everyone else gets peashooters tier vise.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 13 90's gun is probably a lot better than the ELCs, even considering its tier. Plus it has what, 1100 hp? Unless you're tanking TD hits, you'll probably survive 3-4 hits. Its a really nice tank.

But the 12t and 13 75 are really quite miserable, at least compared to a well driven ELC. They don't have the firepower or speed to do much whilst being nearly twice as large as the ELC.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starting at the AMX 40, all the tanks in that line have been fun. The AMX 40 has a LOT of armor and a decent gun. The ELC is tiny, fast, has a great gun, and is best played laughing hysterically. The 12 t has low HP and is larger and slower, but it actually has a good gun and can outdamage tier 7s and 8s when played well (good accuracy for sniping, and able to flank well). The 13 75 has an even better gun and has a decent engine, so you can do even more with it. I actually once got steel wall with it after getting tracked by an ISU. Afterwards, I haven't really seen, but it seems to be more autoloading lights/mediums. I've tested the B-C on the test server a few times and it's really fun (like a bigger version of the ELC).

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 251