Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210949 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3045 on: February 22, 2014, 04:34:16 am »

Gah, I took a small break from this and I'm just now popping back online. Unfortunately, I seem to be doing ever worse than I normally am, though I don't think I've ever been really to good with WoT. Anyways, is anyone on here will to platoon up with a tier 6 TD and give me a few pointers? Playing as the Hellkitty if it matters any. I'm Xilioni in game. Just leave me a message or some such.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3046 on: February 22, 2014, 05:16:02 am »

And then, after I deal with the AT2 that everybody else had been putting shots into the front and had done 0 damage to, I start shooting at a KV1 and T82 advancing up. And just as I'm about to pop the weak little T82, the D.W.2 drives right in front of my gun and takes the shot for them.

Had a similar situation when i played Tiger 2 i'm about to shoot someone in sniper mode and... NOOOOOPE Agent Orange also  wanted that kill and rode boldly onwards (and into my line of fire obviously)!
My shot penetrates the back of his turret and kills him on the spot.
Seconds later he rants about me on all chat.

Another game i was platooned with someone... both of us playing tiger P (and his tiger P was stock).
The enemy team is capping our base leaving us with 20 seconds to stop the cap.
We we go towards the base we'd end up in a valley that leaves us with no way to shoot at them so we stay on the hill in Redshire and constantly reset the cap while at least one guy rages on.
We finally lost but at least i got a Defender medal and full exp for my trouble.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: February 22, 2014, 03:27:28 pm »

Round 2 of the War of Nations tournament and we draw...Fulcrum AND Muppet?!  :o This is so gonna suck....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: February 22, 2014, 06:03:50 pm »

Rilder, we havent played in ages, we totally need to platoon!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: February 23, 2014, 04:09:43 am »

If I'm online you can shoot me a message to get a platoon going.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: February 23, 2014, 08:23:16 pm »

heh, the 1602 leopard is so much fun it should be criminalized  :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

So if you feel like doing 15k XP a day for a month you can get yourself a Tetrarch, not to rewarding on its own though you do get a fair bit of credits for doing the daily 15k credits which is worth it and 15k XP really isn't that much especially if you have a good number of tanks in your garage you can do dailies on.
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've always wanted a tetrarch... but not that badly.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Russian Bias Eh? (click to show/hide)

Also, for some reason I had a major win streak today, like 12 wins to 2 losses.
Steam Profile

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, for some reason I had a major win streak today, like 12 wins to 2 losses.

I caught them :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

rip my sanity

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still in the Tiger 2... decided to take the short 10.5 for several games to get used to the higher damage (besides i'm close to the VK 45.02 A so might as well buy the gun for it now)... it's actually a pretty nice gun if the shell costs were a bit more... sane. It's quite a jump from the el cheapo shells used by the long 88.

One of my friends got a KV-2 and already grinded up to the 152 mm wave motion gun so we might have some KV-2 platoons (and !FUN!).

Also i sometimes go full retard and use AP shells on my S-51... man those things are SILLY when they hit sadly they don't do that all that often and get eaten by tracks from time to time.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

The 105 for the Tiger II isn't too bad, probably less wieldy then the the long 88 but I liked the extra brutishness, definitely liking the long 105 though now.

Also haven't driven the KV-2 in years now, I think last time I played it was when the split from the KV-1 happened. 

I caught them :(

rip my sanity
Not carrying enough! Why u no get 10k damage a match!

Also they are apparently gonna give out premium consumables to clan members, sadly I don't have a clan and really can't see myself putting out the effort to actually find one.
Steam Profile

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally love the KV-2. Never really played it much before the split because I liked the versatility of the normal KV-1 better, but as a tank on its own, it is one of my favorite and most relaxing tanks to play in. It can take a bit of a beating and the damage it outputs is such an amazing amount that as long as you have teammates left who can back you up, you can be the deciding factor in a game.

Even alone it's a force to be reckoned with. I took my KV-2 up 2 to 1 against a couple of KV-1Ss.(Considered by many, including myself to be one of the most dangerous tanks in the game for its tier.) Granted, they weren't being driven in the most intelligent way, but they were working together somewhat and I still managed to come out on top despite taking 3 shots to kill the both of them.

It is just so versatile. You can hang back almost in SPG positions, and as long as you have line of sight you can be effective. Up close you're simply a terrifying presence to anyone who is within a 45 degree arc of the front of your turret, AS LONG AS YOU DON"T FIRE. Once you fire, everyone knows they've got time and if you don't have backup, then you're dead.

It really is probably too good for the game. I'm not complaining about the gun, or the armor, or anything of that sort, but the game really doesn't take into account what took out most KV-2s during the war. Bad terrain. This thing just moves too well. (And it's honestly not that great of a tank mobility wise, but it probably should be even more of a slug, along the lines of some of the British heavy tanks.)

Either way, in its current form, this is one of the few tanks I can take out and be almost guaranteed to have fun in. Not necessarily do great, but if I get even a single good hit in with that 152mm gun, I've enjoyed myself.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What I like the most about the KV-2 is the relaxing gameplay. Even if you are up against a tier 8 heavy tank thats sidescrapping, you dont have to aim for weakspots or all that fancy stuff. Just hit him and do your 300 dmg and roll back. And if you ever meet one of those new german TDs, rejoice, because there's nothing better then oneshooting a Borsig from full health.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

You can't even really argue that the KV-2 needs team support to do well, which is supposed to be the big weakness of the 152mm. I recall one match I had in mine on Ensk; I was in the central square when my last teammate died, with five enemies left. A second later, I popped one, finishing a barrier I'd been making in the north-west road leading into the square. I spent the next five minutes circling through the city waiting on reloads and picking them off one-by one. The enemy team was working together to surround me, but they were all weak enough to die in one shot, and so...

Yeah, it's just awesome. The grind to the S-51 was the least painful I've ever experienced in WoT because it's the only tank that stomps regardless of the enemy team comp. It's a wonderful thing to watch T8 tanks back off from one T6.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 251