Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210977 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3000 on: January 27, 2014, 10:07:29 pm »

People always go into it expecting the tiger to be a death dealing god of war. It isn't. And some people tend to try to play is as a brawling heavy. It isn't. You want to sit back, and put that monster gun to work.

The Tiger spent most of world war two eating little shermans and KV-2's for breakfast, it didn't really go up against much that could challenge it, hence its fearsome reputation. World of tanks... not so much. It's still a good solid tank if you play it right and stick to its strengths.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #3001 on: January 28, 2014, 06:20:07 am »

Aaaand the Tiger I gets indirecly nerfed.
WG is now removing bushes/trees on many camping spots.

SO basically there are less spots for paper Tigers and TDs to camp in.
Good since it nerfs those pigdisgusitng TDs that force everyone into camping bad because the tiger will be even more of a scrap tank.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: January 28, 2014, 11:00:54 am »

So I've gotten myself the Nashorn today and this was the 9th game I played in it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not as OP as the Hellcat, but still really nice.

In this game I also finally got a Top Gun and Confederate in one battle, something I strived for since quite a long time.

Here is the replay in case of interest:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:02:39 am by Chosrau »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: January 30, 2014, 07:33:15 pm »

Scheiße, that makes me want to get better with my Nashorn, I mean I enjoy it (Considering I waited literally years for it) but I'm not dominating matches with it.

Also that little AMX 40 Kill stealing the KV-2 produced a mild chuckle.

Also interesting news, looks like some more Panzer IVs and a StuG split coming soon (after 8.11) including a tier three and four Panzer IV. (Ausf A tier 3, Ausf D tier 4)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:37:48 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: January 30, 2014, 07:48:07 pm »

don't we have more than enough German tanks already? I mean, okay, fine, if you hadn't included all those nonexistent tanks, maybe, but the German tree is pretty full as is.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: January 30, 2014, 08:09:56 pm »

if you hadn't included all those nonexistent tanks, maybe

You mean the like ....four or so of them that are confirmed Wargaming forgeries? (Mainly the ones based on the E-100)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:15:32 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: January 30, 2014, 08:13:50 pm »

if you hadn't included all those nonexistent tanks, maybe

You mean the like ....3 of them that are confirmed Wargaming forgeries?

This reminds me... i wonder how the Polish tree will look like.
And i wonder how things even are with said tree.

One time i hear PL tanks will be put in the Euro tree another time i hear they will get an entirely seperate tree BUT then someone says SERB was just trolling.
And i can just wonder how many tanks will be in your face forgeries if a seperate PL tree really pops into existence.
Self promotion below.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: January 30, 2014, 08:17:09 pm »

I really doubt the Polish could get their own tree, I have seen some pretty excellent proposals for how a Swedish tree could work all the way to tier 10 though, which is surprising.
Steam Profile

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: January 30, 2014, 08:41:10 pm »

I mean at the very least the tanks which never existed except on paper. Although all the single prototype or "never saw action" tanks honestly shouldn't be there in my opinion either, but I've made that perfectly clear before.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: January 30, 2014, 08:53:58 pm »

Wouldn't we be kinda fucked for variety then though?

It just seems like it would be cutting out content for no real reason. It's not like world of tanks is a tank simulator, its an arcade mog.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: January 30, 2014, 09:11:38 pm »

I really doubt the Polish could get their own tree, I have seen some pretty excellent proposals for how a Swedish tree could work all the way to tier 10 though, which is surprising.

Well Japan did get a tree despite noone really even demanding JP tanks that much.
China had at least the benefit of a potentially giant playerbase (and by that income as well) but japan?
Not to mention that it's barely a skeleton of a tech tree to begin with so with that in mind i wouldn't be suprised if the Polish tree turned out to be real if a bit poor in variety.
Self promotion below.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: January 31, 2014, 08:53:43 am »

I dunno about others but actually I kinda wanted the Japanese tree for awhile, they have some interesting tanks including a fair few designs for the defense of the home islands as well as a couple batshit insane designs that might be fun.  Not to mention that the more modern tanks they added are interesting and not as well known.  Would love to see what they dig up for the upper level Tank destroyers, I know there is one interesting TD based off the Chi-Ri (the Ho-Ri)  with a bit of influence from the Ferdinand mounting a 105mm gun in an Autoloader.

Yeah sure there wasn't as much of a clamor for the Japanese tanks like there was for the British tanks, (Oh gods the constant circle jerking of complaining that they didn't add British before French back in the day) but I still think its cool they added the tree, and if they manage to dig up enough tanks to fill a Polish tree then more power to them. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 09:01:54 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: January 31, 2014, 10:05:24 am »

Of course they're going to either have to make the trees increasingly sparse, or come up with more bullshit to fill them. When they had to virtually invent tanks and use never-built designs to fill out the trees for countries that actually had a wide variety of well-known tanks that saw combat... :|

Though WG long since gave up any claim to historical accuracy, seeing as how they just flat out ignored the actual, documented speed of the Hellcat (92km/h). That, and using dubious historical claims as an excuse to nerf the T-50-2, that glorious asshole hotdog tank. Seriously, just say you think it needs a nerf, WG. Nobody respects you for being faithful to what the tanks could actually do anyway. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: January 31, 2014, 10:19:56 am »

tanks that are based on drafts and witch where never even considered to be build as they could never have been build like that?

na... that be silly. i dont think wg wouldnt do that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: January 31, 2014, 10:28:40 am »

tanks that are based on drafts and witch where never even considered to be build as they could never have been build like that?

na... that be silly. i dont think wg wouldnt do that.
Uh, are you joking? Hell, they even mention it in the tooltips. A lot of the tanks in-game are either ones that only existed on paper, or which never made it past the prototype stage, or which only had a small production run and didn't see combat. The Maus only saw a single prototype built (which was promptly captured); only 40 M6es were made, and they never left the US; the T34 only existed in the form of two T30s with new guns and the different designation; the KV-220 only existed as a single failed prototype prone to engine breakdown.

I'm not saying it's bad (variety is good in this case), but it's hypocritical bullshit for them to claim that they're making changes for the sake of historical accuracy. Of course, if there are two things WG is good at, it's hypocracy and bullshit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 251