Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211003 times)

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2985 on: January 25, 2014, 04:34:38 pm »

well. fortune is a bitch XD

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2986 on: January 25, 2014, 05:46:31 pm »

When you fire that 21cm gun and in the 3 seconds it takes for the shell to land your friendly E100 pushes the enemy tank out from under it and cops a direct hit that ammo racks him... all you can do is laugh.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: January 25, 2014, 05:52:54 pm »

Or maybe not taking shots into meelee that are unecessary? I've been killed countless times by friendly arty splashing me in my ELC when I was engaging a lone tank that I otherwise could have easily taken out.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: January 25, 2014, 05:55:28 pm »

Gotta agree. Never ever shoot into a brawl, especially since the accuracy was nerfed into oblivion. Just don't, it's rarely, if ever, worth it.

And do note that I will remember your name and do my best to hunt you down if you do TK me with arty in a brawl and then act like it's my fault.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: January 25, 2014, 06:10:51 pm »

I haven't played SPG much at all, but from what I can tell it's mainly a camping deterrent.

EDIT: In the context of what you guys are talking about, that means yeah, it shouldn't be engaging when friendlies are nearby, but instead flushing enemies out of their positions so friendlies can get better shots at them etc.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: January 25, 2014, 06:12:57 pm »

Ok just had a game in a Type T-34
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
YES that IS a steel wall.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: January 25, 2014, 06:19:52 pm »

I haven't played SPG much at all, but from what I can tell it's mainly a camping deterrent.

If by camping deterrent you mean diverting camping away from large parts of the map to the few arty-safe spots, where they will camp even harder then, then yes.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: January 25, 2014, 11:27:19 pm »

Why are they nerfing TDs, anyway? As long as you played to avoid them, you'd be safe from them; this is the same as basically any other TD.

rofl :)
as long as you did not fight them, they are harmless!

put helicopters into the game nau.

I mistyped my post. I meant to say:

Why are they nerfing TDs, anyway? As long as you played to avoid them, you'd be safe from them; this is the same as basically any other tank.

Driving at a TD is like trying to pen the front of a heavy or (as a heavy) trying to ignore the medium shooting your side, or ignoring the light tank showing where you are. It's just a bad idea. However, the instant that you flank him (or the instant that enemies come from two directions), he's dead. Even if you only see his front, you can pen him (except for those few tanks with really heavy armor). If he can't shoot from secrecy (as this update seems to cause), what use is a TD?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: January 25, 2014, 11:47:30 pm »

The moment when you nail a running light tank in an M3 Lee from a good distance while driving. It is a glorious one.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: January 26, 2014, 12:42:54 am »

That moment you nail an AT8 dead on in tier 4 artillery ... and absolutely nothing happens. It is a demoralizing one.

(Also, as someone completely fresh to artillery, under what situations and why would you load an anti-tank round as opposed to high explosive? Is it actually more effective against tanks with heavy spaul liners or something?)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: January 26, 2014, 06:04:02 am »

That moment you nail an AT8 dead on in tier 4 artillery ... and absolutely nothing happens. It is a demoralizing one.

(Also, as someone completely fresh to artillery, under what situations and why would you load an anti-tank round as opposed to high explosive? Is it actually more effective against tanks with heavy spaul liners or something?)

Those shells usually have very high penetration for their tier so if they score a direct hit then they will likely penetrate and deal a fair ammount of damage... unlike HE that is likely to bounce and deal scratch damage at most.
I wouldn't suggest using AP shells on artillery tho since you need to score a direct hit.
Self promotion below.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: January 26, 2014, 03:13:54 pm »

Those shells usually have very high penetration for their tier so if they score a direct hit then they will likely penetrate and deal a fair ammount of damage... unlike HE that is likely to bounce and deal scratch damage at most.
I wouldn't suggest using AP shells on artillery tho since you need to score a direct hit.
Unless you're playing low-tier arty, in which case you still pretty much need a direct hit with HE to do damage. >.>

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: January 26, 2014, 06:50:50 pm »

AP hardly seems worth the trouble anywhere above tier four, particularly when the reload times start getting glacial

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: January 27, 2014, 08:08:47 pm »

Almost 4k damage game in my Tiger 2, bit a pleasant surprise how much fun I've had with it considering the Tiger I still ranks as the only tank I've ever Ragequit, (Went to the Tiger 2 via Panther back when the 3601 could go to the panther) and the fact that I've never had that much of a problem fighting Tiger 2s in other tanks.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: January 27, 2014, 08:35:23 pm »

On the copntray. I think the Tiger I is one of my better tanks... when i get thrown into higher tier battles.

200 penetration is fine and dandy against tier 8 tanks and it's totally not relying on its armor anyway while the large HP pool helps.
In fact it's one of my better scoring tanks.
Self promotion below.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 251