Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211019 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2925 on: January 09, 2014, 06:11:29 pm »

The Jtiger isn't bad per se. It has some damn good qualities, like the superstructure and the god tier gun. Everything else is pretty shitty, your LFP is butter and either sets you on fire or kills your engine reducing your shitty mobility to even shittier levels.

General guideline is that you stay behind, prefferably with your lower hull safely tucked away behind some hard cover and just blast shit to pieces with your turbolaser od death.

Tho I'm really happy I'm trough with it, not sure if I even want to get the JgE100.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2926 on: January 09, 2014, 06:16:43 pm »

Can't say for sure if it is pennable, but I've never had anyone pen the mantlet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Btw the JPE100 is badass (IMO). It actually HAS armor
The Dread Pirate

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: January 09, 2014, 06:40:59 pm »

I checked the armor layout for the Jagdtiger in the program jingles was advertising.

Basically:
Lower plate seen from the front = 150 armor.
Upper plate seen from the front = 190 armor
Cheeks = 250 armor
Mantlet from the front = Ranging from 350 to 750 effective armor.

However if you get a shot at the mantlet from a 45 degree angle you might pierce the mantlet in a specific spot the shell might pierce the mantlet (around 190 armor) and fall into the armorless hole behind it... but that's pretty useless sonsidering you should blast its soft side from that angle anyway.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: January 09, 2014, 06:54:19 pm »

Also the very top of the front of the superstructure is weak for some reason, must be the observation device holes, but I've been penned there several times.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: January 09, 2014, 08:32:49 pm »

Don't forget the Jagdtiger has incredibly high look stats, its worth it just for that. Shit looks awesome

Also a couple meh matches put me in a sour mood tonight. Not helped by the clan going "hurr durr why you no be in voice chat all the time."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:34:42 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: January 09, 2014, 08:50:17 pm »

JT was great, but I recognize it got nerfed (lower plate 120 -> 100, top engine removed) since I was in it, so I'm in no position to say anything about the tank itself... but jesus christ that 128. Only the Tort's 120 is better at tier 9, and the tort certainly doesn't have the mobility to use it as well.

Reading this article on tier 9 tank destroyers: http://rocketbrainsurgeon.com/tier-9-tank-destroyer-comparison/

Its amazing how positive he paints the Jagdtiger considering how much complaining I hear about it. (Not that I'm ANYWHERE near the Jagdtiger.)

He didn't really say anythig bad about any other TD either. He just pointed out their armor values and good sides.
He even said something good about the Tortoise and when someone says something good about it you know he'll like everything.

What's wrong with the Tortoise? Best DPM in the game, great gun bloom, awesome accuracy and aimtime, gigantic gun traverse, american gun depression, tier 10 HP and reasonably good armor... if it weren't locked to such a terrible speed, it'd be the best tank in tier! As it is, it's better than the SU-122-54 and T95; maybe even the T30 and Foch :3

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: January 12, 2014, 12:00:01 am »

Man these Japanese tanks are just meshing with me so well, apparently. I got a 5 kill game (and ace tanker badge) with my Chi-Ha (elited platooning with friend) and then shortly followed up by getting a top gun with my Ke-Ho. (with 1st class mastery badge) I think it has to do with the gun handling on them? It seems like they have really good gun handling, with the depression, aimtime, accuracy, reload, etc you just don't really have to fight the gun at all to get rounds on target.

I ended up free exping to the Chi-nu though since my friend is still working through the Chi-He and if I didn't I would end up either not being able to drive my Chi-he in our sessions or having wasted XP on the Ke-Ho.  (Can't get gold right now so XP on elited tanks is wasted XP for me)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:14:56 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: January 12, 2014, 12:19:21 am »

Is this better than it was 2 years ago? I remember it used to be just camping and waiting for the enemy to come to your fortified defensive position or shelling them with arty, which did turn me off.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: January 12, 2014, 12:24:51 am »

Is this better than it was 2 years ago? I remember it used to be just camping and waiting for the enemy to come to your fortified defensive position or shelling them with arty, which did turn me off.
It varies by game for me. I play in T5 and below for fun, and there are some really aggressive games and some really slow games. Though, being a Tank Destroyer pilot most of the time, I enjoy the siege games as well.

EDIT: The T82 is really quite fun. Reminds me of the AT-2, but with a derp and less armor. So much fun.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:30:28 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: January 12, 2014, 06:27:12 am »

EDIT: The T82 is really quite fun. Reminds me of the AT-2

The... T82? The jeep? I don't think theres anything that gets further from the AT-2 =P Do you mean the T18?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: January 12, 2014, 11:48:47 am »

The... T82? The jeep? I don't think theres anything that gets further from the AT-2 =P Do you mean the T18?
I mean the T3 American TD. Though I'm kind of stretching it. The T18 does have more in common, but in terms of handling, they actually feel similar to the AT-2 for me. Go figure. Been a while since I've played the AT-2, though.

EDIT: I meant the AT-1. That was dumb.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:47:21 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: January 12, 2014, 05:53:59 pm »

I mean the T3 American TD. Though I'm kind of stretching it. The T18 does have more in common, but in terms of handling, they actually feel similar to the AT-2 for me. Go figure. Been a while since I've played the AT-2, though.

Haha, I was wondering about that as well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: January 12, 2014, 06:17:53 pm »

Well AT-2 has nothing in common with those. It's the point where the brit TD line turns from badly armored to oh god what levels of armor.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: January 12, 2014, 07:51:45 pm »

Well AT-2 has nothing in common with those. It's the point where the brit TD line turns from badly armored to oh god what levels of armor.
Otherwise known to other TDs as 'why am I not penning another TD' level.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: January 21, 2014, 06:27:43 pm »

Gotta say, that's a nice turnabout from the usual SU-85 "get two-shotted by random shit without doing anything" play.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 251