Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211033 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2910 on: December 31, 2013, 08:53:46 pm »

No, no. What I mean is you take positions as usual, then let the tanky tank push up and draw fire, allowing you to press with less danger to the rest of your team.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2911 on: December 31, 2013, 10:50:12 pm »

FD you're delusional if you think most T10 players are any better than T5 ones. I've played a fair share of T10 fights and know for a fact that they're just as bad, if not worse in certain cases since their tank is much more important but they're still the same old lemming idiot with zero map awareness as they were on T1.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: December 31, 2013, 10:55:47 pm »

FD you're delusional if you think most T10 players are any better than T5 ones. I've played a fair share of T10 fights and know for a fact that they're just as bad, if not worse in certain cases since their tank is much more important but they're still the same old lemming idiot with zero map awareness as they were on T1.

Yeah pretty much, though they have the tendency to whine so much louder when things don't go their way then T5 players.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: December 31, 2013, 11:13:04 pm »

Yeah pretty much, though they have the tendency to whine so much louder when things don't go their way then T5 players.

Actually, I find that higher tier players are significantly better in general. It doesn't mean that you can't find teams that like to die as fast as they can, but at least they tend to be less common. Also, people tend to be better with situational awareness - I can drive by some people and they won't even notice in the lower tiers, but most tier 10s won't let you do that.

Edit: Also, you don't usually get games with multiple people getting teamkilled in the upper tiers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:38:15 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: December 31, 2013, 11:51:01 pm »

I'm not making the argument that players in high tier games are flat-out better as a whole, just that they're more likely to have some awareness of the team. I still see plenty of idiots in high-tier matches, but there are (somewhat) more people who, even if they play poorly, at least contribute to the team effort. That, and an idiot in a T10 tank is more useful than an idiot in a T5 tank, because they at least will distract the enemy team for a few seconds more.

Basically in higher tier matches maybe 1/5 or so will have at least a decent minority of one or both teams that works together cohesively, as opposed to virtually none in T5.

3. Run Resize Enable

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: January 01, 2014, 12:00:04 am »

Sometimes, I think bad players think like this:

Quote from: Bad Player
*sees an ally rush out and die to 3 TDs*

"LOL ME TOO!"

*dies to the same 3 TDs*

rinse and repeat
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: January 01, 2014, 04:27:42 am »

So Jingles put up another video today and it's about the brit TDs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXM6enG_xt4

By the 3'rd minute he said everything about tier 6 and 7 TDs i said earlier in this thread.
Basically "The armor stays the same while the guns shooting back at htem get a lot better".
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: January 01, 2014, 12:47:47 pm »

So the year rolled over and just been looking at my noobmeter stats over the last year (Though my earliest noobmeter check was at january 29th 2013 so its not quite a full year but I digress) Apparently I have improved a bit over the last year, less then I actually thought but definitely better in some areas, like average damage and such.  Definitely moved into a higher level play I think, with now having more then one tier 8 in my garage and actually getting my first tier 9, as well as getting my first taste of clan wars. (Abit only the tier 6 level one, didn't even get to do the tier 8 ones) Might actually get my first tier 10 this year, which is an exceptionally scary thought.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:51:37 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: January 01, 2014, 01:41:48 pm »

So Jingles put up another video today and it's about the brit TDs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXM6enG_xt4

By the 3'rd minute he said everything about tier 6 and 7 TDs i said earlier in this thread.
Basically "The armor stays the same while the guns shooting back at htem get a lot better".

Also if you want to improve your win ratio/eff then just play russian tanks... or grab a brit AT-2 and go nuts because it's phycially impossible to fail in a AT-2.

Eh I never got on with the AT-2 myself,  I found the AT-8 to be a bit better for its tier. (Not to mention having a top gun that I found much more suitable)
Imo AT-2 is the pinnacle of the brit TD line because of all that armor even if the guns are crap.
Also AT-8 is IMHO an absolute piece of crap due to the giant weakness on the front and side where the second (unusable) gun is located.
The front armor there is 70 mm thick without any sloping and the side has 50 mm so you basically have to cover the your entire right side from everyone because even tier 4 tanks will penetrate it without any problem.

Also when you get to tier 7 and AT-7 that is spared from that horrible weakspot your armor is slowly starting to get worse as enemy guns improve making the 100 mm of side armor more and more meh... heck some higher tier tanks you meet as a AT-7 can go through your front armor even without gold ammo making the whole point of this tank (being a slowly rolling impenetrable fortress of !!fun!!) moot.

Hmm...

3. Run Resize Enable

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: January 01, 2014, 01:56:57 pm »

Hmm...
Well it's more or less like this now.

AT-2 - Great.
AT-8 - Horrid
AT-7 - Average
AT-15 - Very good

AT-2 often goes from great to god because it's a low tier td with tons of armor so people it plays against often have no idea how to deal with it and those who do have to get a chance to execute their attack properly without getting tracked and killed.
Self promotion below.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: January 03, 2014, 07:08:04 pm »

Spoiler: Chi-hahahahha (click to show/hide)

Yeah I may like the Chi-Ha, that top gun, the 47mm is useful even in tier 5 matches.
Steam Profile

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: January 08, 2014, 12:33:34 am »

So I dragged my Tiger out for the first time in a while

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I forgot how much I love this thing

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: January 09, 2014, 04:45:05 pm »

Reading this article on tier 9 tank destroyers: http://rocketbrainsurgeon.com/tier-9-tank-destroyer-comparison/

Its amazing how positive he paints the Jagdtiger considering how much complaining I hear about it. (Not that I'm ANYWHERE near the Jagdtiger.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:47:55 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: January 09, 2014, 04:59:58 pm »

Reading this article on tier 9 tank destroyers: http://rocketbrainsurgeon.com/tier-9-tank-destroyer-comparison/

Its amazing how positive he paints the Jagdtiger considering how much complaining I hear about it. (Not that I'm ANYWHERE near the Jagdtiger.)

He didn't really say anythig bad about any other TD either. He just pointed out their armor values and good sides.
He even said something good about the Tortoise and when someone says something good about it you know he'll like everything.
Self promotion below.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: January 09, 2014, 05:07:28 pm »

Jagdtidger Gun mantlet unpenetratable? I was under the impression it had the same gun weakspot as Ferdi and JagdPantherII until now.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 251